Darthain

Darthain's finaggled shipyard (we can change titles now!)

May this slapdash collage serve us until I bother to take real photos of this one.  Not entirely sure I like the orange/yellow lights (well red/orange/yellow), but my wife seems to, and chalks that up to me finding them foreign, not my usual blue/whitish.  Who knows, you decide.)

Y85IxnU.jpg

On 09/02/2017 at 10:54 AM, Darthain said:

PHANTOMS! (with complimentary blown highlights, which kills the white/ivory shading unfortunately.  I totally copped Drasnighta's phantom game, so be it.  Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery I am told.  A copy is also always less than the original.  Crappy phone shots once again, I'll have more control when I break out a real camera, the shading on the whites is subtle though (slightly yellow to not, mostly.)  There is currently no goldilocks lighting to be had that allows me to capture the gold, without blowing the whites, need more control for that. 

9D2zzIq.jpg

Jo8xI0J.jpg

YdnpY8f.jpg

Noce. Recently I did the same thing on both of my TIE Defender wings and mixed it with Knights of Sidonia.

Quoting Kaiki... Even if imitation is not the real thing... It can end up much more real than the original.

Well Darthain, I thought I was the only one who painted the wing leaders differently.

I pretty much put the ace pilots as wing commanders and they spot a different paint job than the rest. Though there are instances where the squadron leaders have a different livery than the rest of the men.

I know it's shameless advertising but have a crack at some of my repaints. I pretty much make reference and homage to the shows, games and history.

Thought that's once upon a time before they temporarily took down the repaint channel.

2 hours ago, cruiser2710 said:

Well Darthain, I thought I was the only one who painted the wing leaders differently.

I pretty much put the ace pilots as wing commanders and they spot a different paint job than the rest. Though there are instances where the squadron leaders have a different livery than the rest of the men.

I know it's shameless advertising but have a crack at some of my repaints. I pretty much make reference and homage to the shows, games and history.

Thought that's once upon a time before they temporarily took down the repaint channel.

Yeah I paint the aces 'out' as much for me as my opponents.  I can see the board state easier.

I've seen your stuff in the past, need to do up my raiders, you have some cool schemes in those, even if I can't place a single reference point with regards to them.

Will that mean other star destroyers will shoot at it? You know, the star on the ship makes it kinda a big target for this ships, being....STAR....destroyers and all.....

"YOU, TACTICAL! SHOOT THAT VESSEL!"

"But Sir, its one of ours!"

"You dare question me! The Emperor calls this ship a STAR DESTROYER! AND BY THE FORCE, WE SHALL DESTROY ALL STARS IN HIS NAME!"

5 hours ago, Zeoinx said:

Will that mean other star destroyers will shoot at it? You know, the star on the ship makes it kinda a big target for this ships, being....STAR....destroyers and all.....

"YOU, TACTICAL! SHOOT THAT VESSEL!"

"But Sir, its one of ours!"

"You dare question me! The Emperor calls this ship a STAR DESTROYER! AND BY THE FORCE, WE SHALL DESTROY ALL STARS IN HIS NAME!"

Hasn't happened in any of my games yet, fortunately (suns are just local stars afterall)

8 hours ago, Darthain said:

Hasn't happened in any of my games yet, fortunately (suns are just local stars afterall)

You'll need the Kyp Duron and the Sun Crusher for that, anyway, coming soon in Wave 7:  Insanely and Yet Increasingly Overpowered and Unlikely EU Superweapons.

Still waiting for Mel to bring me a World Devastator ;-)

On 3/23/2017 at 6:32 AM, cruiser2710 said:

Noce. Recently I did the same thing on both of my TIE Defender wings and mixed it with Knights of Sidonia.

Quoting Kaiki... Even if imitation is not the real thing... It can end up much more real than the original.

??? (sorry missed this before)

I've taken real pictures of my ISD mulligan on highlighting, as well as the liberty, lancers, and decimators!. 

But I haven't processed them yet.  Here are some pics of an arquittens I painted yesterday/today.  A bit of a style departure, and a lot more effort than I usually put into gradients and blending, hey I blended (that's different!)

qRyCnvU.jpg

28lIMF2.jpg

ew74BZz.jpg

On 4/5/2017 at 5:08 AM, Darthain said:

I've taken real pictures of my ISD mulligan on highlighting, as well as the liberty, lancers, and decimators!. 

But I haven't processed them yet.  Here are some pics of an arquittens I painted yesterday/today.  A bit of a style departure, and a lot more effort than I usually put into gradients and blending, hey I blended (that's different!)

qRyCnvU.jpg

28lIMF2.jpg

ew74BZz.jpg

That is one seriously cool Light Cruisers.  Either that's a some sort of Royal flagship, or Slaanesh has invaded another dimension.

Edited by MajSharpe

24 minutes ago, MajSharpe said:

That is one seriously cool Light Cruisers.  Either that's a some sort of Royal flagship, or Slaanesh has invaded another dimension.

Thanks.  As much as I'd like option B, screw it let's go with B.

Also, those good pics I mentioned (tried spoilers to make it clearer, bunged it all up so screw it)

mLwsNGv.jpgy2F9ILg.jpgcwqYlav.jpgRceY6sx.jpgWNhVNWj.jpgRUUJQfn.jpgx52E2wt.jpgLjRv305.jpgZNrZ5W6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/u756pVs.jpgXFLwfS1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XFLwfS1.jpg

Edited by Darthain

On 5.4.2017 at 6:08 AM, Darthain said:

qRyCnvU.jpg

28lIMF2.jpg

ew74BZz.jpg

Light Cruiser of Slaanesh!? :D

5 hours ago, eViL dAvE said:

Love your Decimator's - great scheme and very well executed

Thanks, I agree they came out fantastic.  That is my 'dark' star destroyer scheme at work, expecting an ISD similar soon from my parallel fleet really.