Sign in to follow this  
Lowke

Keeping track of spent actions.

So, OK, i know there's only three actions per investigator to keep track off. Sometimes i find myself playing very late at night. Maybe playing two or three decks. Half way through  a game and i think to myself, "Have i taken two or three actions ?!!". I also began to think about whether or not i might remember where i was in the game if the phone rang and ended up taking a long call. So began to think about ways of keeping track of all three actions for each investigator.

Thus far the best solution i have managed to come up with is a three sided dice but as i like to customise my playing set (box, tokens card, holders etc) i want to find a better solution to keeping track of those investigator actions. 

What solutions have you guys managed to come up with ? 

Discuss.

Edited by Lowke

For the Invastigators Actions i use 3 - 4 Dices, Black Dice with one White Site. If I use an Action I flip the Dice from the Black Site to the White Site.

And when I play Arkham, my Cell Phone is on mute, no Kids, no Wife. Only the Game and me.

P.s Sorry my poor English

Just set aside a particular area for your "action tokens," then put three tokens of whatever you like in it each turn. So long as you don't confuse them with your regular tokens (hence the designated area), you'll be fine.

I was planning on carrying over a tracking technique from Netrunner (where each player has a certain number of clicks/actions per turn).

Take 3 of any double sided token and flip one over whenever an action is taken.

i used Chinese checker wooden tokens one side is blank and one side has a pattern

great for 2 investigators.. one player flips to blank the other flips back to patterned...

"ice house" triangles are nice to i use them in lots of games.. for markers.  e.g things i need to remember like end of the turn tests! put on a big green triangle

bottlecaps or stone inhand and placed on card when used also works..

ive seen one person online rotate is player card 90 degrees per action too..

I use unused chaos tokens, -1,-2, and -3 in order, I simply place them on the small investigator card. So I can see at a glance what's what. I was think inking of digging out my Andrion click card, but I think the tokens are more in keeping.