Sign in to follow this  
TitaniumChopstick

VOTE Here: Most Hated Upgrade Card in X-Wing

I

My least favorite has to be TIE/x7.

I get TIE/D, actually. Turns defenders into the tanks they are. But I hate that x7...

- costs negative squadpoints

- adds a free evade action to the ship

- helps a ship that didn't really need a fix to start with

As much as I agree with this (would have prefered it was a free evade action), I've got to say Palp

I don't actually hate any upgrade, I guess. Some pilots, sure, but the upgrades aren't really an issue.

If I had to choose one, though, I'd say Zuckuss. Palp is a pain, I suppose, but at least he knows well enough to only change the person using him's dice. Zuckuss is a jerk.

OK....I had to think about this hard.  The question was HATED.  So, my best response would be the one that draws the most irrational hatred from me.

1) Advanced Cloaking Device = I really don't like Phantoms, but truth be told, it really is this particular upgrade that does it for me.  I have a strong hatred of Tie Phantoms.  I think they should've been only 3 red dice, but it really was the high PS named ones with ACD that makes me hate them so.  I probably wouldn't mind if you were forced to use Stygian Particle instead.  I know people say that the Tie Phantom is nerfed and all that, but I still hate them.

2) PTL = it's overused, which means it's gotten boring.  It's obviously one of the most powerful cards in the game.  

3) Royal Guard title = If you didn't have this, you wouldn't have Stealth Soontir w/ Auto Thrusters.  That guy is the gold standard of "really hard to hit", especially when you add in the Emperor.  I just think you should either pick one upgrade and only get one.  

PTL just because people seem to think: "oh hey, i have a new ship, i'm gonna put ptl on it" there are other EPTs guys

So much this. I hate it when people think there are no options other than PTL and Engine Upgrade

Yes.  It's summed up by the statement, "Oh, this ship doesn't have a 2 hard turn that's Green.  That means it has a bad dial".  

PTL just because people seem to think: "oh hey, i have a new ship, i'm gonna put ptl on it" there are other EPTs guys

So much this. I hate it when people think there are no options other than PTL and Engine Upgrade

Don't get me wrong, i see the usefulness of ptl as much as other people, but i try to diversify my EPTs and modifications when i build my squads (i don't even remember the last time i used engine upgrade)

Expose because you start reading the card and see that it increases your primary weapon value by 1 which is awesome, but then you continue reading and see the agility reduction plus the 4 point cost and the hatred begins to boil!

Well I mean, that's really good on 0 agility ships.