Sign in to follow this  
TitaniumChopstick

VOTE Here: Most Hated Upgrade Card in X-Wing

Shara Bey. I hate her because she should have been good, and ended up being one of the worst pilots in the game.

She is not bad. It is more of the ARC-170 with the Elite Slot I like, but she is not bad with the right combos. She may not be great, but I much rather have her than someone like Fel's Wrath.

-Try-

Weapons Engineer + M9-G8

-or-

Stay on Target + Hera (Crew) + Targeting Astromech

Gunner, Saboteur, and counter measures.

Gunner - Enables things like deci vaders.

Saboteur - Mostly a useless card.

Counter measures - Outside of dengaroo, mostly not worth the 3 point for a single use.

Here is an interesting question. Which is worse, R3 astro or Saboteur?

I didn't see this and I'm to lazy to edit right now. I can at least see R3 being used on PS8+ ships to help them. Generics wont see much use from it at all.

I guess so. Saboteur is almost impossible to find a spot for anywhere though. I remember when I first got into X-Wing, I used to put that card and experimental interface on everything that could take them both, thinking it was good... Oh, how times have changed lol. :P

Counter measures - Outside of dengaroo, mostly not worth the 3 point for a single use.

Saboteur. R3 astro at least has some life with comboing with Comms Relay. It also could actually be ok if there is ever a ship with a mech slot, systems, and crew. Then you could run R3, FCS, and Hera. So, a lot like the Lothal Rebs with infinite K-turns and stress, but now if you have an eye result that isn't doing anything, you can grab an evade! Extra icing on the cake if this theoretical ship has a tech slot for Comms Relay as well. 

Edited by Kdubb

Saboteur. R3 astro at least has some life with comboing with Comms Relay. It also could actually be ok if there is ever a ship with a mech slot, systems, and crew. Then you could run R3, FCS, and Hera. So, a lot like the Lothal Rebs with infinite K-turns and stress, but now if you have an eye result that isn't doing anything, you can grab an evade! Extra icing on the cake if this theoretical ship has a tech slot for Comms Relay as well.

Generic E-Wing title that gives a tech and a crew, problem solved. ;) I almost suggested Corran being able to take that title as well, but just think how ludicrous he'd be with both Kyle Katarn and Comm Relay stapled to his standard 48 points lol. 54 points getting 2-shot by Wampa would make me very sad though...

I agree that auto-include cards are in fact the worst.

My least favorite has to be TIE/x7.

I get TIE/D, actually. Turns defenders into the tanks they are. But I hate that x7...

- costs negative squadpoints

- adds a free evade action to the ship

- helps a ship that didn't really need a fix to start with

Any one of the three could make it OP... I'm super annoyed by this one, frankly!

I'm actually ok with the Emperor. Watch Episode VI! If anything, that guy is too weak in this game! :D 

Shara Bey. I hate her because she should have been good, and ended up being one of the worst pilots in the game.

She is not bad. It is more of the ARC-170 with the Elite Slot I like, but she is not bad with the right combos. She may not be great, but I much rather have her than someone like Fel's Wrath.

-Try-

Weapons Enginee + m9g8

Why?

She does absolutely nothing special with m8g8

You want thane farting out combat phase tls to **** with your opponent while actually being able to use them on himself

Shara does nothing special with m9g8

Autothrusters.

Reason: Hypocrisy.

I don't fly Scum (to get the card*) and I've lost so many matches to Imperial Aces it's not even funny.

Well, it kind of is. I'd use them if I had them though.

* - Yes yes, you can buy cards seperate from other sites and eBay, but I'm a strange person.

Autothrusters.

Reason: Hypocrisy.

I don't fly Scum (to get the card*) and I've lost so many matches to Imperial Aces it's not even funny.

Well, it kind of is. I'd use them if I had them though.

* - Yes yes, you can buy cards seperate from other sites and eBay, but I'm a strange person.

How is this hypocrisy?

I can understand disliking it because it's only been released on a limited basis, but that's not hypocritical unless FFG have criticised limited-release cards.  Which they haven't, to the best of my knowledge.

It's the same as part of the hate directed at Palpatine and (before it came out as an event participation prize) C-3PO that it's "pay to win" because it's a freaking awesome card available only in an epic ship expansion. I guess quite a few of the unique astromechs (R5-P9, R3-A2, R2-D6) fall into that category too.

TIE/x1 & Advanced Targeting Computer, ONLY because they're locked behind a paywall.

Currently they're going for about $15 USD on ebay, which I'd rather spend on buying an actual ship that already includes other upgrades, tokens, etc. NOT two pieces of cardboard.

I don't like to proxy cards, (it's just a thing I have) nor should I have to spend $100 on an epic ship that in all likelihood I'll never field.

I've played against Palpatine and I don't like it, but I deal with it; I wouldn't use him if I had him--doesn't seem sporting to me.

-----------------------------------

New topic suggestions:

Favorite crew/Most hated crew. Why?

Fav Astromech/Least liked Astro. Why?

TIE/x1 & Advanced Targeting Computer, ONLY because they're locked behind a paywall.

Currently they're going for about $15 USD on ebay, which I'd rather spend on buying an actual ship that already includes other upgrades, tokens, etc. NOT two pieces of cardboard.

I don't like to proxy cards, (it's just a thing I have) nor should I have to spend $100 on an epic ship that in all likelihood I'll never field.

I've played against Palpatine and I don't like it, but I deal with it; I wouldn't use him if I had him--doesn't seem sporting to me.

-----------------------------------

New topic suggestions:

Favorite crew/Most hated crew. Why?

Fav Astromech/Least liked Astro. Why?

I think I could tell you the most hated astromech and crew just by looking at the votes on this thread. People dont seem to like Zuckuss or R2-D2 very much lol.