Sign in to follow this  
Rodent Mastermind

Think of the poor Shadowcaster

I think the SC is probably the best looking ship in the game.

...but to be fair, I grew up watching a lot of Star Trek.

Why do people say this... It's obviously not a Star Trek ship. Due to the way warp fields are generated all ships in Star Trek have an empty area between the nacelles where the warp field is generated. This ship the warp field would be generated right in the middle of it tearing the ship apart.... So obviously not a Star Trek ship... ;)

When they voted i also immediately wrote that i could understand all the ships on the list but this one.

I think that even without this superb paintjob it looks completely awesome.

It reminds me a bit of the Defiant from Star Trek DS9.

Why do people say this... It's obviously not a Star Trek ship. Due to the way warp fields are generated ...

I guess I didn't watch it as closely as others, though.  :unsure:

I have a friend that is working on the Star Trek roleplaying game, we have spent a while discussing really obscure details... But did you ever wonder why the Romulan Warbird looked so weird.

warbird.jpg

Op- awesome paint job.

But the shadowcaster (and indeed all of the 'rebels' ships) looks bloody awful.

Which is heartbreaking because I think it's one of my favourite ships in terms of game play- the title, the MFA, the named pilots, the dial, the potential of 2 illicit slots, even Gyroscopic targeting almost wins the battle for that all-important Engine upgrade, ahem, 'modification' slot(it doesn't, mostly, but it's close, and does sneak in on some builds).

Honestly... crying shame its such a terrible cgi/lego/star trek looking mofo.

Edited by Stu35

Why do people say this... It's obviously not a Star Trek ship. Due to the way warp fields are generated all ships in Star Trek have an empty area between the nacelles where the warp field is generated. This ship the warp field would be generated right in the middle of it tearing the ship apart.... So obviously not a Star Trek ship... ;)

The warp fields are shown encompassing the whole ship.

maxresdefault.jpg

The warp fields are shown encompassing the whole ship.

There were rules laid down on Nacelle placement by Gene Roddenberry

1) They must be in pairs

2) They must be a clear line to them from the front.

3) There must be clear line of sight between the pairs of nacelles as the area between them is where the warp field is primarily generated.

Some of the later ships break the rules a bit, there are some odd numbered nacelles, the Defiant has a very tight clearance on Line of Sight between the Nacelles. But in general the rules are kept to across the board in Star Trek. You can see it really clearly on almost all federation ships, and the Warbird is a prime example of the principles.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind