Sign in to follow this  
Smiley Magnus

Grappling Rules: Use Item

Hello everyone!

Names Smiley Magnus and this is my very first post: I apologize for any mistake, English is not my native language (Im Italian).

So, let’s get straight to the point! My group played Warhammer 40K Roleplay for a very long time, but we always had problems with the nightmarish Grapple rules. This time the problem is all about the «Use item» thing (page 222, DH 2nd Ed). I know theyre talking about manacles, drugs and the like, but what about weapons? For example, can an Accolite use a knife or a pistol against his opponent? If so, is this action automatic? Does it require a Test?

Grazie a tutti! Thanks all in advance :-D

Hello everyone!

Name’s Smiley Magnus and this is my very first post: I apologize for any mistake, English is not my native language (I’m Italian).

So, let’s get straight to the point! My group played Warhammer 40K Roleplay for a very long time, but we always had problems with the nightmarish Grapple rules. This time the problem is all about the «Use item» thing (page 222, DH 2nd Ed). I know they’re talking about manacles, drugs and the like, but what about weapons? For example, can an Accolite use a knife or a pistol against his opponent? If so, is this action automatic? Does it require a Test?

Grazie a tutti! Thanks all in advance :-D

By RAW, no you cannot.

However, I personally would say that you probably could, with a hefty penalty to either the Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill test, on account of the target's own counter-grappling attempt (it would be very difficult to stab or shoot someone who's controlling your arms and forcing them away from themselves).