Sign in to follow this  
Oloh

Dice Pack - No Surprise

Yep I'm hoping for some faction expansion announcements too, faction identity is going to be pretty important. I don't think I will be able to convince my friends to play if there's only humans and undead.

Extra dice, does that mean there'll be units with more than 3 dice attacks? (Perhaps magic?)

In my experiences with the FF starter boxes the dice from two starters is usually enough, though I guess if you want enough for friends to have a full set playing the game you might need a extra dice pack too.

This on the one hand is good news, can the game come out much sooner than we think?

Personally I am not to acquire extra dice, but it is always good to have them in the store in case of loss

From a few gen con videos I saw they put alot of emphasis on 'Very Early Q1'

Jan 2017 is a definite possibility.

They probably haven't updates the game's entry in the 'upcoming' section as for a Jan release it would need to be at the printer already I would imagine.

They probably haven't updates the game's entry in the 'upcoming' section

It's much more likely that it won't be out as soon as they had hoped then they haven't updated that page.  Given everything I've seen from FFG you can normally tack a month or two onto any ETA.  

So if it's still not at the printers, that means it's much more likely it won't be out until after Jan.

I look forward to hearing about game mechanics that use more than two dice. All in all, this seems like a silly update.

Flanking gives an extra die to your attack roll. Probably there are other possibilities to get a bonus. We may even see units with 3 attack dice in the future.

Edited by Ubul

We may even see units with 3 attack dice in the future.

We do already. The cavalry get 2 red and a blue, so considering that red is the damage die if they want to destroy a unit it would make sense to take an extra red die on a flank.

I look forward to hearing about game mechanics that use more than two dice. All in all, this seems like a silly update.

Flanking gives an extra die to your attack roll. Probably there are other possibilities to get a bonus. We may even see units with 3 attack dice in the future.

Like others have said. A dice pack was expected. It's hard to get hyped about it. Now details on game mechanics and new units is what I'm looking forward to.

To be fair they are probably just reminding us that this game is coming. Not a bad marketing decision on their part.

All in all, this seems like a silly update.

So you think that it's silly for a company to advertise products it sells?

It is a little over the top with the floral language for just announcing a package of dice. Maybe they could have paired the announcement with a explanation of the dice mechanic to fill it out a bit?