Sign in to follow this  
sf1raptor

Something I just realized about Ten Numb

With the new FAC, Ten Numb may become a reasonably good ace. The FAC made both his ability and the Autoblaster's ability practically unblockable, so could we begin to see Mangler or Autoblaster Tens be a good option soon?

With the new FAC, Ten Numb may become a reasonably good ace. The FAC made both his ability and the Autoblaster's ability practically unblockable, so could we begin to see Mangler or Autoblaster Tens be a good option soon?

Sorry, is it actually called FA"C" in some places? 

Frequently Asked Cuestions?

That's what we thought back when Wave 6 was released and that FAQ change occurred. It didn't really pan out. Ten is pricey and gets eaten up pretty quickly.

It's a jousting issue...B's should be and are (well were) excellent jousters. FFG dropped the hammer on jousting over a few waves and Dengar is probably the weird and unlikely large base that simply can out-joust great jousters like the B-Wing with his ship's abilities and fantastic dial. I'd love to fly one or both of my B-Wings, but I cannot get them to work out on my design sheet; they should be better than Imp Bombers when you look at them parts-wise as they have great dials and can carry lots of options, but ****, I cannot work it out. Fickle could be correct, it could be a cost issue overall; but Deng put a huge ding in the old master jouster.

It's still not a bad ability - especially if you face stealth-device equipped TIE interceptors on a regular basis - but as noted, it's not amazing. A B-wing tends to get killed fairly fast because it can't reliably evade incoming fire.

Ten can be useful, but you need to accept that your opponent can kill him if he chooses to. Rather than a Mangler Cannon, I'd recommend a torpedo, extra munitions, and guidance chips. With a 3-dice primary, guidance chips add an (undodgeable) critical, and since two shots is probably all you can be confident of getting out of him, you might as well have a nice secondary effect as splash money on a cannon which won't actually get any more shots off and costs more points. 

It's still not a bad ability - especially if you face stealth-device equipped TIE interceptors on a regular basis - but as noted, it's not amazing. A B-wing tends to get killed fairly fast because it can't reliably evade incoming fire.

Ten can be useful, but you need to accept that your opponent can kill him if he chooses to. Rather than a Mangler Cannon, I'd recommend a torpedo, extra munitions, and guidance chips. With a 3-dice primary, guidance chips add an (undodgeable) critical, and since two shots is probably all you can be confident of getting out of him, you might as well have a nice secondary effect as splash money on a cannon which won't actually get any more shots off and costs more points. 

A Mangler cannon cost 4 points. The cheapest torpedo + EM you can field is 4 points. Torpedoes all require a target lock to fire and either can't be used at range 1 or can only be used at range 1. 

Guidance Chips + a torpedo can be a cool a combo for Ten but it doesn't come out any cheaper than going with a Mangler.

Why did I misspell FAQ?

Anyway, this is the first time I really paid attention to the it, other then hearing stuff like the limited Tactician, since I really only play my brother and uncle, but when I heard something happened with Scyks I noticed all the other goodies. Most of it when I looked before was just clarification on things that didn't confuse me, so I just skimmed before.

Still, with there not being as much of a threat from plasmas remove thanks to Deadeye's change, even with Dengar, I think we could see him show his face some.

It's a jousting issue...B's should be and are (well were) excellent jousters. FFG dropped the hammer on jousting over a few waves and Dengar is probably the weird and unlikely large base that simply can out-joust great jousters like the B-Wing with his ship's abilities and fantastic dial. I'd love to fly one or both of my B-Wings, but I cannot get them to work out on my design sheet; they should be better than Imp Bombers when you look at them parts-wise as they have great dials and can carry lots of options, but ****, I cannot work it out. Fickle could be correct, it could be a cost issue overall; but Deng put a huge ding in the old master jouster.

Jousters?

B-Wings are great flanking knifefighters or long-distance pounders with HLC.

Jousting with 1 PS ended when non-rebels got more than 2 attack as well... ;)

If only re-enforced deflectors weren't large ship only, may have made B wings a little tougher.

Maybe we need a regeneration sensor slot?

As Ten Numb, my correct 7 wins - 1 loss list is:

Ten Numb - VI - FCS - Flechette - Guidence

Wes - VI - R2-A3 - Integrated - Flechette

Biggs - R2- D6 - Integrated.

Handles mindlink lists, ruins Soontir, Inquisitor, Phantoms, Fangs, etc. That take a stress and crit on a shieldless Soontir Is lethal.

Struggles a little against double larges base ships however.

Maybe with more Tie Defender /x7's out there instead of Soontir Fel, we might see more Ten Numbs out there?  He would get a crit through with every shot.  

If anything, Defenders make Ten less likely, not more.  They have shields.

Fenn and Soontir are Ten's natural prey - VI puts him at higher PS, and he can chuck crits straight onto their juicy, juicy hull.

Defenders murder him before he gets through their shields and average of one crit per defender per round.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Wish FFG would give something for the Bwing to make a comback. A -2pt unique title like

Prototype B6 (-2pts) (unique)

"Must equip a cannon"

This essentially lowers the cost of the expensive unique pilots like Numb who likes Mangler, and Keyan with an HLC. Other Bwings can be reduced by 1pt equipping a tractor beam. Unique so BBBBZ cant spam it. Anwyays...

Numb has to not be the biggest threat in your squad. Biggs and then a big threat for 36-40, so when Biggs drops, Numb isnt the focal point. Like pair him with Lothal FCS + hera. Or regening Norra. Give your opponent the option of hunting down Ten first and leave regen Norra for last, or hunt down regen Norra while Ten is driving crits through.

Biggs / Ten + Mangler / Norra

Biggs / Ten + Mangler / Lothal

Biggs / Ten + Calculation / Lothal + ABT