MajorJuggler

2016/2017 Regionals Season Results

Interceptors, Awings, and Ties (basic ones) seem to have vanished from the meta.

And what happened with Snap Shot A's?  I had thought they would be the next big thing this meta.  I wonder if it was the cost of entry or the actual effectiveness of the list?  

Interceptors, Awings, and Ties (basic ones) seem to have vanished from the meta.

And what happened with Snap Shot A's?  I had thought they would be the next big thing this meta.  I wonder if it was the cost of entry or the actual effectiveness of the list?

They have a very hard time with high Agility ships particularly X7 Defenders

Copenhagen Regionals - Copenhagen, Denmark

Winner: Kristofer Bengtsson (yay me!)

Date: 17-18 December 2016

Players: 58 (64 players registered but only 58 showed up)

Rounds of swiss: 6

Cut: Top 8

Streams from both days (commentary during the second day) can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/user/veldrin77/videos

List Juggler: http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=2427

Faction Breakdown: Rebels: 17 - Imperials: 21 - Scum: 23

WINNER: Kristofer Bengtsson (#1 after swiss, 6-0 - effectively 9-0, MoV: 995)

Delta Sqd. Pilot (TIE/x7)

Countess Ryad (TIE/x7, PtL, TIE Mk.II)

Colonel Vessery (TIE/x7, Juke)

Runner-up: Rasmus Svensson (#7 after swiss, 4-2 - effectively 6-3, MoV 837)

OGP (Collision Detector, Emperor Palpatine)

​Countess Ryad (TIE/x7, PtL, TIE Mk.II)

3rd. Sverre Bakkeli (#5 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 6-2, MoV 822) - Lost to Winner

Omega Leader (Juke, Comm Relay, Stealth Device)

4th. Kasper Juelsgaard (#6 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 6-2, MoV 799) - Lost to Runner-up

Syndicate Thug (Ion Cannon Turret, R4 Agromech, BTL-A4)

5th. Tommy Byo (#2 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 905) - Lost to Runner-up

Dengar (Punishing One, Trick Shot, Unhinged Astromech, K4 Security Droid, Countermeasures, Glitterstim)

Bossk (VI, Mangler, K4 Security Droid, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, Inertial Dampeners)

6th. Thomas Michelsen (#3 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 875) - Lost to 4th. place

Omega Leader (Juke, Comm Relay)

Colonel Vessery (TIE/x7, Juke, Stealth Device)

Countess Ryad(TIE/x7, PtL, TIE Mk.II)

7th. Andreas Olsen (#4 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 858) - Lost to 3rd. place

Kanan Jarrus (Ghost, FCS, Twin Laser Turret, Rey, Recon Specialst, Tactical Jammer)

Biggs (M9-G8, Integrated Astromech)

Zeb (Phantom, Autoblaster Turret, Chopper)

8th. Claus Staal (#8 after swiss, 4-2 - effectively 4-3, MoV 809) - Lost to Winner

Fenn Rau (Attanni Mindlink, Autothrusters, Concord Dawn Protector)

Asajj Ventress (Attanni Mindlink, Latts Razzi)

Manaroo (Attanni Mindlink)

Edited by Veldrin

Yeah that looks a lot like what I'd expect to see in a tournament.  Very dull.

/x7 is a bigger problem than Deadeye ever was, for list diversity.

Except that Scouts made all rebels except Biggs and VCXs obsolete, while good flying can defeat Defenders as they don't have turrets or awesome reposition abilities.

Edited by Veldrin

Yeah that looks a lot like what I'd expect to see in a tournament.  Very dull.

/x7 is a bigger problem than Deadeye ever was, for list diversity.

I wouldn't go that far. It is only top 8 first of all and then there is an unconventional list very far up (I can't remember the last time I saw the original thug life, before uninformed people applied that name to dull old quad-TLT). There are more things that don't autolose to Defenders than there were for U-Boats.

It's Defenders or anti-Defenders.  If you're not one of those two then forget it.

That might not be true everywhere, but it's certainly true where I am and that Top-8 reflects that entirely.

I wouldn't say Parattani is particularly anti-Defenders.  It's a strong list in its own right that happens to be able to handle them.  Ditto Dengar/Bossk.  Ditto Thug Lyfe to some extent, although Ions do do horrible things to Defenders, so not entirely.

Edited by thespaceinvader

It's Defenders or anti-Defenders.  If you're not one of those two then forget it.

That might not be true everywhere, but it's certainly true where I am and that Top-8 reflects that entirely.

I agree, but there is more variety in the anti-Defender department then there was for U-Boats. For Boats, there was one clear best counter list that had a good matchup with them and won against anything else that attempted to take on U-boats. To combat Defenders you can use Rebel regen, Zuckuss (against the ace-y variants), sprinkles of Ion and Tractors, bombs (we are for the first time in a position where bombs have to be a serious meta-consideration, thats amazing!), Attani Mindlink for extremely consistent damage. Going into wave 10 U-Wing blockers are a cheap way to crowd the space where 3+ speed manouvers end up while also having a reasonably big gun and at leat Dutchess can out-PS most Defenders that get played right now.

Lists that suffer are Brobots, swarms (big shocker, not that that hasn't been the case since wave 4, I know), synergy lists that aren't Mindlink...I honestly struggle to come up with much else, what am I forgetting?

I wouldn't say Parattani is particularly anti-Defenders.  It's a strong list in its own right that happens to be able to handle them.  

That's fair.  Bobatanni is better vs Defenders, so that bucks the trend.

Winner: Kristofer Bengtsson (yay me!)

Streams from both days (commentary during the second day) can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/user/veldrin77/videos

List Juggler: Link Coming Soon!

Runner-up: Rasmus Svensson (#7 after swiss, 4-2 - effectively 6-3, MoV 837)

3rd. Sverre Bakkeli (#5 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 6-2, MoV 822) - Lost to Winner

4th. Kasper Juelsgaard (#6 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 6-2, MoV 799) - Lost to Runner-up

5th. Tommy Byo (#2 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 905) - Lost to Runner-up

Dengar (Punishing One, Trick Shot, Unhinged Astromech, K4 Security Droid, Countermeasures, Glitterstim)

6th. Thomas Michelsen (#3 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 875) - Lost to 4th. place

7th.  Andreas Olsen (#4 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 858) - Lost to 3rd. place

Kanan Jarrus (Ghost, FCS, Twin Laser Turret, Rey, Recon Specialst, Tactical Jammer)

8th. Claus Staal (#8 after swiss, 4-2 - effectively 4-3, MoV 809) - Lost to Winner

Quick question:  Were the UWing/Striker available at all for this?

Winner: Kristofer Bengtsson (yay me!)

List Juggler: Link Coming Soon!

Runner-up: Rasmus Svensson (#7 after swiss, 4-2 - effectively 6-3, MoV 837)

3rd. Sverre Bakkeli (#5 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 6-2, MoV 822) - Lost to Winner

4th. Kasper Juelsgaard (#6 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 6-2, MoV 799) - Lost to Runner-up

5th. Tommy Byo (#2 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 905) - Lost to Runner-up

6th. Thomas Michelsen (#3 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 875) - Lost to 4th. place

7th.  Andreas Olsen (#4 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 858) - Lost to 3rd. place

8th. Claus Staal (#8 after swiss, 4-2 - effectively 4-3, MoV 809) - Lost to Winner

Quick question:  Were the UWing/Striker available at all for this?

No. They have't been released here yet.

Edited by Veldrin

false

It is anti green dice variance

Vs

Anti anti green dice variance

I.e. Business as usual

This has always been the case competitively. Variance will kill your chances

7th. Andreas Olsen (#4 after swiss, 5-1 - effectively 5-2, MoV 858) - Lost to 3rd. place

Nice!  Anyone know if this person is on the forums?  I want to discuss the M9-G8 on Biggs to see how effective it was.

Copenhagen seems to show to me what the meta would look like if Bombing Kwings have not come in force in a lot of areas as of late, and if Dengaroo isn't as prevalent in your area as in others (this is just judging from the lists posted here). x7 list are an incredibly difficult match up for nearly everything, and I do think it is a little stronger than it should be, but at least they struggle against bombs. Rough part is the other Imperial staples struggle even worse against bombs.

Copenhagen seems to show to me what the meta would look like if Bombing Kwings have not come in force in a lot of areas as of late, and if Dengaroo isn't as prevalent in your area as in others (this is just judging from the lists posted here). x7 list are an incredibly difficult match up for nearly everything, and I do think it is a little stronger than it should be, but at least they struggle against bombs. Rough part is the other Imperial staples struggle even worse against bombs.

Don't know about K-Wing popularity but Dengaroos are there. Were at least five of them in the tournament.

Defenders are more problem for diversity among the Empire itself, than for other factions. Nothing within the Empire can match the power of x/7 Defenders.

Thats true. K-wing bombers are the only real strong counter to the Defenders. There are also  lists that are evenly matched against Defenders (like Parattanni, Bobattanni, Fangaroo or other Mindlinks, TLT Kannan, 4 TLT, scum 2 big ships with Party Bus etc) but only against bombers with Sabine crew Defenders are in really weak spot.

During last Polish UTF Regionals we got only 1 Defenders in Top8 and not single one in Top4. They were obliterated by k-wing bombers 

and TLTs (in many different configurations like Corran + Miranda; Miranda + 2 TLT, Miranda+Warden + Biggs, bumpmaster +3TLT etc) so everything comes to local Meta.

I am eager to see what Meta will look like during our next big event - Krakow Regionals 7-8 January - as we expect many guests from other countries - UK, Czech, Hungary, Austria, Germany etc and U-wing and TIE Striker will be allowed on top of that.   

I took double K wings to the Antwerp regional finals. List info is still being collected, I'll post the link as soon as they put it up.

Fun fact: there was an exact recreation of the top 4 worlds match (Nand vs. Faan). Same lists too, and a top 4 as wel. Faan (AssortedNeedles) ended up winning that match (and I lost the finals to him).

Defenders are more problem for diversity among the Empire itself, than for other factions. Nothing within the Empire can match the power of x/7 Defenders.

Carnor Jax. While he's only one solution, when combined with juke (I use Rexler and Omega Leader) he gives x/7 Defenders a really bad day, and it's actually quite easy to PS-kill one before it can even fire. I've also combined him with a Palp shuttle with sensor jammer for less maneuverability and more defense but with the similar results.

Hot-shot copilot decimators cleaning tokens before a phantom opens fire on the same target can also do a world of hurt (and have won at least one regional), and crackswarms can really break through those tokens if you can keep the pressure on and focus fire with the TIEs.

I agree that there are fewer viable imperial options now that x/7s are everywhere but there are still lists, ships and upgrades that can get it done without having to join them to beat them.

Edited by darthlurker