Bludgeon

my stuff just arrived! :D

No probs.

Meanwhile, I got a huge batch of new cards :)

15093c8bcf469563.jpg

4fa33df015314387.jpg

2 bows for purchase deck and fixed Jinx for the bridge deck (original didn't make sense with my house rules)

c198844cf8c2fce9.jpg

new nether cards to make life harder

e4a47431b97940db.jpg

advanced quests

e9c00837a8c633a9.jpg

reworked highland cards

700a4db1d2bf78f2.jpg

some of the new highland cards

c90065328c9f6da2.jpg

new dungeon cards

d7a7db3e0b524f2f.jpg

96bc6d18ab5709ca.jpg

emporium cards. mirror shield replaces the original, but the rest is added to the deck. Because of the names I can have more stuff to buy in the emporium without changing the text of the space.

c7c2475b9637c942.jpg

both updated and new steeds

382f6f0d8a5369ed.jpg

those steeds can be purchased via a denizen

595f748671a85f7a.jpg

full plate is an addition to the deck (there are now 2 kinds of full plate). Everything else replaces original cards.

unfortunately printing error means I'll have to print them again

74cf241c8110026f.jpg

almost 40 new remnant cards. The deck works differently now - you can draw from remnant deck as the game goes on but there are risks.

15329c0cdef31b0a.jpg

4d880306ba3275ad.jpg

d8555fbe9019ad96.jpg

6a4815000d07f2c1.jpg

rats infest the city

c74f562b91b2c2be.jpg

new strangers that offer advanced character cards

e2989ac89eeef5a5.jpg

Edited by Bludgeon

New character-sized time card with rules for lunar events and challenges.

5e1e3386f7efec6c.jpg

04b71806403559d5.jpg

New toad cards that replace original large cards

c3afda9e9a6c7da4.jpg

New shop deck - charms

b89da8823b3c8b40.jpg

New purchases and potions

3edc3014e343a9f4.jpg

e248ef98b4d6cb9f.jpg

New and revised armoury cards

2351deeba274b9e6.jpg

New and revised denizens

e227471b9eeccbf0.jpg

New Highland cards

d9957a28eaa2e122.jpg

Several adventure cards

1e93bdb7d1b5079d.jpg

Large batch of City cards

672d43a72d456e35.jpg

Challenge deck

2585f3e502b46435.jpg

These all look great. Have you put the files somewhere where we can see the cards in more detail and potentially print them out for ourselves? The link you posted earlier doesn't seem to be working anymore.

On 4.06.2017 at 5:04 PM, Reedstilt said:

These all look great. Have you put the files somewhere where we can see the cards in more detail and potentially print them out for ourselves? The link you posted earlier doesn't seem to be working anymore.

yes, here 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8v8ed21gl0dbcc/great talisman 1.32.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2vfq8rze291v3w/epic characters.rar?dl=0

10 minutes ago, Bludgeon said:

Thanks for this! I saw the links in the other thread too, but it makes sense to have them here as well. 

It looks like the Challenges aren't complete yet. I was particularly interested in seeing those. I've been working on my set of Africa-themed Adventure Cards (the associated Character Cards are in my Distant Travelers thread), and various Egyptian-influenced cards seem like they would work well alongside your Pyramid challenge if you drew cards to encounter within the pyramid rather than rolling dice. Who doesn't want to fight a mummified Sphinx or Dragon after all?

Also, I'm really looking forward to your Timescape cards. I've been tinkering around with my own Timescape deck for a while but I've been torn on how to implement it. The only thing I know for certain is that I'm shamelessly stealing your Charges idea.

12 minutes ago, Reedstilt said:

Thanks for this! I saw the links in the other thread too, but it makes sense to have them here as well. 

It looks like the Challenges aren't complete yet. I was particularly interested in seeing those. I've been working on my set of Africa-themed Adventure Cards (the associated Character Cards are in my Distant Travelers thread), and various Egyptian-influenced cards seem like they would work well alongside your Pyramid challenge if you drew cards to encounter within the pyramid rather than rolling dice. Who doesn't want to fight a mummified Sphinx or Dragon after all?

Also, I'm really looking forward to your Timescape cards. I've been tinkering around with my own Timescape deck for a while but I've been torn on how to implement it. The only thing I know for certain is that I'm shamelessly stealing your Charges idea.

Some challenges are not finished (and most are not playtested at all), also some of the material I posted here is very outdated.

I made the pyramid with rolling instead of a deck of cards because I wanted to try something different.

Just posted several more timescape cards in the other thread.

The charges idea isn't mine to steal, I took it from Relic.

Edited by Bludgeon

The new, leaner board looks great. I could really use something like that. Even one the big kitchen table, there's barely enough room for all the corner boards. 

And I'd also be interested in seeing the full Firelands deck, and the Werewolf deck for that matter. I'm assuming these come into play via Challenges, right?

All the stuff you've come up with looks great! I'd love to try it, is there a link I can go to to print it off. I've looked on the drop box link but it is no longer there, and I've not seen any of this on Talisman Island.

On 12.03.2018 at 4:20 AM, Earl Wynn said:

Ooh! Is there a copy of the Fireland deck that you made (or at least the custom cards for that deck) that I can find online? :)

No, but I can dropbox it when I find some spare time. Same with the Werewolf deck.

On 12.03.2018 at 8:19 AM, Reedstilt said:

The new, leaner board looks great. I could really use something like that. Even one the big kitchen table, there's barely enough room for all the corner boards. 

And I'd also be interested in seeing the full Firelands deck, and the Werewolf deck for that matter. I'm assuming these come into play via Challenges, right?

The new board finally fits most tables :)

Yes, they come into play via challenges (renamed to scenarios some time ago).

19 hours ago, TavernSkell said:

All the stuff you've come up with looks great! I'd love to try it, is there a link I can go to to print it off. I've looked on the drop box link but it is no longer there, and I've not seen any of this on Talisman Island.

I only have so much space on dropbox so I usually delete links after a few weeks.

Thats a shame. I'm an old player of Talisman from 2nd edition but relatively new to the 4th, and only very recently came across this forum. I've printed off and use your expansions you put on Talisman Island any chance of making it available again?

These look fantastic - do you think your contact would consider printing homebrew files from other people? I have 194 cards that I'd love to get printed to this sort of quality.