Sign in to follow this  
WGHunter

Imperial Trooper List (First Tourney Since Wave 1)

So like the title says, I haven't played since a regional back in Wave 1 (maybe 2?) and while I've been listening to lots of podcasts, watching videos, and trying to get practice in, I wanted to get some help with my list. My actual list seems pretty straight forward, I don't anticipate changing it too much, but I may be looking for different options just to test things out. I went with troopers because I felt like it just let me get shots on targets and lots of bodies that may help make up for my lack of skill (but probably won't!). My command deck on the other side, I've never gotten great at making. I think I have most of the standbys, but let me know if I'm using anything subpar or missing something obvious. Anyway, my list:

2x E Stormtroopers

E Snowtroopers

Heavy Stormtroopers

Targetting Computer

2x Imperial Officer

Zillo Technique

Command Cards

Planning
Take Initiative

Negation

Element of Surprise

Grenadier

New Orders
Change of Plans

Fleet Footed

Disorient

Inspiring Speech

2x Reinforcements

Rally

Wild Attack

Rank and File

Thanks for any help!

Edited by WGHunter

I would be very tempted to drop an officer to get Zillo Technique and a Targeting Computer for the Heavies

My friend offline made a similar suggestion (almost at the same time, so weird!), but suggested dropping them to an regular heavy vs an E heavy, which lets them work with Reinforcements, something I didn't think about. Are regular Heavies worth it with Targetting Computer on them? 

Edited by WGHunter

the advantage of the Elite Heavies is the added Health and the Blast 2 and ~+2dmg which really makes them hit harder.  You already have plenty of troopers to Reinforce.

Got it, so the value may be lower for the Officer vs the drop from elite Heavies. I'll try both out, but the fact that you both recommended Zillo Technique and Targetting Computer means I should definitely find room for it. Any command cards I'm obviously missing? 

What are you hoping for your snowtroopers to acheive? Are they heal bots for your other troopers, are they objective runners? are they damage dealers?  If you plan on using them as heal bots or objective runners, I would downgrade them to regular snowies which opens up 3 points for you.

What are you hoping for your snowtroopers to acheive? Are they heal bots for your other troopers, are they objective runners? are they damage dealers?  If you plan on using them as heal bots or objective runners, I would downgrade them to regular snowies which opens up 3 points for you.

I was hoping for a little of both. I wanted everyone in the group to be able to deal some damage, hence why they are Experienced, but I felt they added some flexibility. They are definitely a new unit for me though, so I don't know their effectiveness.