Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hideousprime

Physical Expansions???

Recommended Posts

 

With RTL being as good as it is, will we see any more physical expansions?

Yes. RTL can't add heroes, classes, items, etc.

 

 

Actually, if FFG wanted to, RTL could add all of the above and more ... for digital use.  Now I am definitely not advocating this position, as I actually enjoy the game more without the app, but nothing would prevent them from adding a "in-app purchase" that added all of the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About heroes, they need figures, same for monsters, so expanding them on app only, I'm not sure it will be possible.

 

Same for cards, as the app is done.

 

But, I'm afraid of a futur "card only expansion" for example, so only card items and class for example.

 

Let's hope for new boxes since I not fond of the App system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might be able to buy hero blisters for runewars/descent instead of full expansions.

 

That would be fantastic. I know CMON does something similar with their games ... shipping character expansions for one game with cards to use it in another.

 

For the cost of the cards (the cheapest part of any mini expansion - esp. at FFG levels of scale), you can increase sales well beyond those you would otherwise expect for the game it was made for.

 

I'd still love to see box expansions, but I'll take whatever I can get.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well somebody found some new heroes artwork in the app. #hacking.

 

 

so yes more plastic.

 

four new heroes. (big box)

 

four classic ones we sare missing, so also a new heroes and monsters set.

 

 

 

check BGG for it. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1667128/unreleased-heros

Edited by zwara81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, another hero and monster box is comming, not so surprinsing, since Red Scorpion was shown already by Runebound.

 

But I hoped for some monsters ... :(

 

Now, let's wait them to show the new box !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohh. right. I actually do believe the theory that these are rejected heroes from the CTR work process.

 

I agree - the new heroes definitely fit the four hybrid classes.

 

Hopefully we see them in a later expansion... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

But I hoped for some monsters ... :(

 

New monsters are ALWAYS welcome - I could never have enough!  :)

 

Same for minis, and all finally !

 

I don't have enough of all, and on top of that, hero classes !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it would be awesome with a third big box - and i would buy it without doubt, but what i would really wanna see is actually alternative campaigns for the two big box expansions or just generally new campaigns integrating expansions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are 60ish heroes enough?

 

Knowing that maybe 10% of all cards are clearly better than the other 90%, you need high numbers to build more variation into the game (if you don't deliberately make sub-optimal choices).

It's like releasing two new Overlord class decks with cards vastly inferior to -say- Web Trap, no matter what is being released and how many of them, cards would still be sitting the box if there´s no incentive for selecting them compared to the old ones :)

Edited by Indalecio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are 60ish heroes enough?

Knowing that maybe 10% of all cards are clearly better than the other 90%, you need high numbers to build more variation into the game (if you don't deliberately make sub-optimal choices).

It's like releasing two new Overlord class decks with cards vastly inferior to -say- Web Trap, no matter what is being released and how many of them, cards would still be sitting the box if there´s no incentive for selecting them compared to the old ones :)

Some people solved that problem by various methods of random hero draws. It adds quite a bit to the challenge and strategic aspects when you can't min max the system. Edited by ProtoPersona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't stop beg for an expasion with desert theme. Giant scorpions, mummies, genies and stuff :)

 

I'd be all over this

 

 

 

Are 60ish heroes enough?

Knowing that maybe 10% of all cards are clearly better than the other 90%, you need high numbers to build more variation into the game (if you don't deliberately make sub-optimal choices).

It's like releasing two new Overlord class decks with cards vastly inferior to -say- Web Trap, no matter what is being released and how many of them, cards would still be sitting the box if there´s no incentive for selecting them compared to the old ones :)

Some people solved that problem by various methods of random hero draws. It adds quite a bit to the challenge and strategic aspects when you can't min max the system.

 

 

Love it!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the app, as i play most of my games in a co-op setting with my 7 year old son. 

 

As to the boxes, I hope for some more big box sets. I don't really like the small box expansions. I find them to add to much complexity to the game, and at the same time not enough change, meaning we don't get a new campaign, just a few quests that are hard to comfortably incorporate.

 

I currently own both Lair of the Wrym and Manor of the Ravens, and I don't plan on buying any more small box sets. I also have all the big boxes, but i haven't opened up the Shadows yet.

 

I would buy another big box set.

 

back to the APP, i think the app lacks the ability to add Map tiles, and this is a big appeal of the game and the app itself. Map tiles, mean new places to go, and well new stories.

 

I would be interested in a small box expansion if it came with Map tiles, a full campaign, and some monsters. They could exclude the Overlord cards, heroes/classes, and any small box twists. It's just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...