The Long Arm of Mordor (SPOILERS)

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/7/the-long-arm-of-mordor/

mec55-seize-them.png   mec55-uruk-chieftain.png

mec55-kahliel.png   mec55-yazan.png

mec55-jubayr.png   mec55-firyal.png

mec56-kahliel.png

An actual Harad HERO?! FINALLY!!1

Edited by John Constantine

Kahliel looks great, but I wish his objective-hero art was his hero art. I like his shoulder armor and head gear. 'Seize Them!' seems like another good reason to bring side quests. You can sit on them for a little to build up your army without insta-loss.

It's a pity the objective heroes aren't real heroes -- those are some sweet abilities on those cards.  With no useful traits but Noble, Khaliel's utility depends entirely upon the Harad allies, of which we currently have exactly zero with only one spoiled.  Since the Sands of Harad cards have been spoiled, we know they aren't in the Deluxe, and since Khaliel is the hero of AP #1, I think we can safely assume four Haradrim allies (one each sphere) in AP #1, in a Stewards-Fear like mass.  It'll be interesting to see how they make them powerful enough to make Khaliel worthwhile, yet not Outlands 2.0.

Like the concept although i am not a fan of the "good" Haradrims ... i prefer them as enemies

The objective heroes are really strong

I believe Firyal is an autoinclude in a solo one hand game

Edited by Nickpes

Kahliel looks great, but I wish his objective-hero art was his hero art. I like his shoulder armor and head gear. 'Seize Them!' seems like another good reason to bring side quests. You can sit on them for a little to build up your army without insta-loss.

I don't think putting a side quest as the active quest pushes the main quest out of play, does it? Unless it does, you REALLY do not want to use a side quest.

Yep, the way I see it, I'm pretty sure you do NOT want side quests in Escape from Umbar. And looking at our next cycle here, I see yet another case of FFG giveth, FFG taketh away. (Similar to encouraging low character counts in the Sailing cycle.) FFG is confusing at times.

Edited by Gizlivadi

I don't see how exactly this is against the side quests. Just make some progress on the main quest and go for a sidequest.

Well, it's certainly not an effect that favors side quests.

It feels like people saying that side quests are unplayable here, while all I'm saying it's just a bit harder to pull, but still managable.

Can you survive The Sands of Harad? This deluxe expansion for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is scheduled to arrive at retailers on Wednesday, November 23rd!

the hype is real. i'm ready to sail my Dreamchaser straight into the city of Umbar, trade that thing in for a mumak (soz, Cirdan), and ride buck-wild across the desert, fighting giant scorpions, the heat, and mumak-riding evil men of Harad

This was the best part: 

"Can you survive The Sands of Harad? This deluxe expansion for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game is scheduled to arrive at retailers on Wednesday, November 23rd!"

Wait, what? MY WALLET HURTS! I might wait a bit for this one.

2/2/2/4. Again. :/

the stat distribution is a bit played out, but reading his ability, it's very much warranted imo (assuming we get a lot of Harad allies, which i'm pretty optimistic about given this hero and the one Harad ally spoiled so far)

Yep, the way I see it, I'm pretty sure you do NOT want side quests in Escape from Umbar. And looking at our next cycle here, I see yet another case of FFG giveth, FFG taketh away. (Similar to encouraging low character counts in the Sailing cycle.) FFG is confusing at times.

Not to mention the fact that classic Legolas will be apparently much better in the first quest (due to Seize Them!) than the new Legolas we'll be getting in the deluxe box.

I'm a bit confused about how sailing encourages low character counts?  Surely the opposite?  You need sailors as well as questers and for sailing only the body count matters?