Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

Alex Davy

Ideally a fix that is used to replace the most unused slot on the ship the torpedo.  T65 only card torpedo slot for 0 points add tech slot.  Then there are several that would assist the T65 and not effect the y-wing,T70 or E-wing.  Primed thrusters and Vectored thrusters might make an interesting combo.

That'd be hilarious. With Integrated Astromech, they're already pretty close to being worthwhile. A free Evade token every round would push them well and truly into play.

As for when? Yeah, Rogue One will release the balance patch. Scum Aces is less clear, but traditionally they fall 'between' waves, so we'll just have to see.

Either way though, don't expect it to be automatically superior to the Defender fix - the Defender was starting in a much weaker position, and to be honest they overdid it even then. I quietly expect the patch to come out with a subtle nerf to the Defender patch, so that way the ships are closer to alignment once more.

This will yet again play merry havok with my balance analysis, because I'm not used to having to account for nerfs. :P

I think it needs maneuverability options.  Its supposed to be a good all round mobile general purpose fighter.  Atm, its a flogging tank.  Decent with Integrated, but very boring is the problem.  

Ex. 

Incom S-Foils

Dual card, T-65 Title, 0pts

Closed - When you attack, roll 1 less die.  All non-red maneuvers are green.  You may flip this card at the start of the activation phase. 

Open - When you attack you may reroll 1 die.  You may flip this card at the start of the activation phase. 

Same timing triggers as decloak. Same ability to use that knowledge to play against as decloak. 

Unless the T65 fix is on the same level of the X7 fix what's the point?  Even if you gave the T65 a free evade token after it performed ANY maneuver, would it possibly be able to keep up with the X7?

The Kihraxz could use an evade every turn. It's starting in largely the same place as the T-65, but doesn't have the slight Astromech bump. I think a good S foils card can fix the T-65 and be thematic at the same time. The Kihraxz will take a little more work...

If you could take Wedge and Wes in a list together and have their ships be decent, high-agility token stacking wouldn't be as much of a problem.

X-wings have pretty close to the best pilot abilities in the game, and that carries over to the T-70 too. It's their ride that needs a decent buff. When they get it, they're going to be monsters.

I can't imagine they let Rogue One, with all those sweet T-65's, pass them buy without selling us some more T-65's in X-Wing.

Whether they are the Black/White paint scheme or not I know I'd want to get some new T-65 toys and cards. 

I like the idea that the slight nerf to Biggs was prep for some new T-65 cards. Wishful thinking?

PS I'm super excited for the U-Wing as a ship. I don't know how it'll fit into X-Wing but it looks cool to me!

It will be a thing, unless it gets the "worst" dial the game has seen so far. 

That's already impossible with the 0 maneuver, due to Hera crew it can sit still and flip in place if nothing else.

Ideally a fix that is used to replace the most unused slot on the ship the torpedo.  T65 only card torpedo slot for 0 points add tech slot.  Then there are several that would assist the T65 and not effect the y-wing,T70 or E-wing.  Primed thrusters and Vectored thrusters might make an interesting combo.

The torpedo is kind of iconic on the T-65 though. If FFG does anything with the torpedo slot as a "fix" for T-65s, it should be something that gets T-65s actually equipping torpedoes.

Edited by WWHSD

The torpedo is kind of iconic on the T-65 though. If FFG does anything with the torpedo slot as a "fix" for T-65s, it should be something that gets T-65s actually equipping torpedoes.

What if it could equip any torpedo, completely ignoring the cost?

Red Squadron Pilot (25) x 4 X-Wing (23), R2-D6 (1), Guidance Chips (0), Deadeye (1), Plasma Torpedo (0), Crazy X-Wing Free Torpedo Title (0)

Edited by Boba Rick

Unless the T65 fix is on the same level of the X7 fix what's the point?  Even if you gave the T65 a free evade token after it performed ANY maneuver, would it possibly be able to keep up with the X7?

Well given that it's 7 points cheaper the basic x-wing shouldn't match the basic x7 defender.

All the t65 needs is a specific title that lets it reposition that doesn't cost two points and replace IA.

The idea of IA giving another mod slot would be very cool.

I came up with the idea of giving the T65 2x mods each with -2 (to min of 0) a while ago (they wouldn't do this though as it's too close to the Int title). They were in legends easy to modify.

IA being a extra mod instead is just as good.

Edited by Spaceman91

The Kihraxz fighter is going to be a harder fix with the Protectorate out for the exact same price. The Kihraxz has the extra shield vs extra evade, but the biggest issue is the lack of pilots with EPTs. So it needs a title that grants an EPT or more pilots with them and it will still need something else.

The Protectorate has a better dial, post positioning and they have the title that rewards aggressive flying. So the Kihraxz needs to be its opposite, rewarding defensive flying. Maybe a free title that grants an evade result when defending at range 2-3 and grants all pilots above PS2 an EPT slot.

A Kihraxz with that tiles, PTL, and VT should be survivable enough to get some shots in. 33 points for Cobra or 31 for Graz.

If we want an x7 xwing fix, it should be a non-unique droid that grants an evade after executing a white maneuver(are there any cards that reward white maneuvers only). This will prevent regen, and stress will be a potential counter to it. This could help the E-wing, X-Wing, and Y-wings, but be very limited on the Arc. But with it helping all of those ships, is it an X-Wing fix?

The idea of IA giving another mod slot would be very cool.

I came up with the idea of giving the T65 2x mods each with -2 (to min of 0) a while ago (they wouldn't do this though as it's too close to the Int title). They were in legends easy to modify.

IA being a extra mod instead is just as good.

Edit: I did come up with that before we knew about vectored Thrusters so maybe just the -1 on each now would be best.

He also said that after Han had lost his five shields and taken its first hull damage, that:

" ..one down, thirteen more to go."

What?

He had clearly gotten the Falcon's Hull mixed up with the Ghost's. The guy's designed most of the ships in the game, give him a break.

Edited by ObiWonka

I get why everybody keeps calling for a reposition ability, but that has two problems: (1) it's boring, and (2) it heavily favors high PS.

I've suggested a couple of quasi-reposition ideas for the T-65 -- the X-Wing Drift and Yaw -- but these have features that make them as useful for lower PS as for high.  Generic addition of BR or Boost just isn't a good idea.

I get why everybody keeps calling for a reposition ability, but that has two problems: (1) it's boring, and (2) it heavily favors high PS.

I've suggested a couple of quasi-reposition ideas for the T-65 -- the X-Wing Drift and Yaw -- but these have features that make them as useful for lower PS as for high.  Generic addition of BR or Boost just isn't a good idea.

Pretty much this. Defenders don't rock because they have Barrel Roll, they rock because they're really good for their price.

Still, I wouldn't mind if we ended up with a combo - not of re-positioning, but of outright mobility, and a value-add thrown into the mix. Conviniently, this can now be done at the same time... :D

S-foils (Closed)

Dual Card. Title. X-wing only.

Reduce your attack value by 1.

Immediately before revealing your dial, you must perform a [1 straight] maneuver.

Action: Flip this card.

S-foils (Open)

Dual Card. Title. X-wing only.

Increase your attack value by 1.

Action: Flip this card.

... Now, I'm not saying that this is balanced (It isn't! The X-wing might have its problems, but it is assuredly not needs-another-attack-die level, folks!), but it could solve both problems at once - not strictly more maneuverable, but at least able to get around the board more effectively if it wants to, making it the ship-with-the-dakka that is also a jouster that can reposition (in distance, if not in direction) more easily than most of its contemporaries.

That it's adding mobility without adding re-positioning means it helps the generics as well as the aces. I feel that's important, no matter what they come up with.

Edited by Reiver

Make the closed a 1 speed bank or straight, make the open ehm, when attacking an enemy ship in your firing arc that you have locked, you may add one blank result to your roll. Though that might be too Finny. 

And the flip possibly at the end of combat?

I understand the idea, but who would ever use the closed side?

You wouldn't if it would cost you an action, especially if it would only net you a straight 1. If it is something that would trigger like an ACD, then you add maneuverability to your next turn. 

How would wacking off your mech by using IA be considered a mod anyway? I would assume that would be a lucky shot that hit your droid instead of your ship. If anything, the card should have added another mod to you for free. And it should be available to any ship whose droid is exposed to the void. Period.