Sign in to follow this  
Darth Ruin

Snap Shot Rhymer is the New Imperial Stresshog

Rhymer 

Tactician

Snap Shot

30pts 

I love the Stressbomber. Been shutting down aces and large ships all day and catching people by surprise. Stress before action is brutal when you catch ships in at range 2, and you stress them again when you shoot.

for +4 points you gain better PS and a far deadlier stress ability. 6 Hull behind 2 agi is slightly less durable but the shuttle has higher ps, barrel roll and a better dial. Best of all, it doesn't stress itself when it shoots, unlike gunner Braylen who only has a 50% chance of shedding the second stress. Snap shotting people at R3 is also hilarious fun. You can even equip Intelligence Agent to choose how to best proc Tactician with your barrel roll. 

Try it out! 

Edited by Darth Ruin

Well 30pts is about all you can do for imperial stress attacks. Basic scimitars w/ just tactician would be ~20pts but would also have absolutely no bite and easily evaded.

The stressboat i ran in the past was Tomax actually. Hes 31pts, but he is HILARIOUSLY effective.

Lightning Reflex (perma sloops! with any nonred!)

Tactician

Rebel cap

Mk2 engines

Shuttle

Brought that as a joke because of the LR shenanigans he can do. You cant evade him lol. And im not joking, you cant evade him. Usually doesnt do any damage but man does he dish out stress.

However he doesnt pre-action dish out stress, which is the point of snappy Rhymer.

This is a cool combo, but paying the Rhymer tax still seems hard to justify.

going by the gamma vet's PS of 5 (which scales with the scimitar's and gamma vanilla's PS values), rhymer should be 21 points

which is less than jonus' price :wacko:

so it's a 6 point tax...jebus

Edited by ficklegreendice

This is a cool combo, but paying the Rhymer tax still seems hard to justify.

going by the gamma vet's PS of 5 (which scales with the scimitar's and gamma vanilla's PS values), rhymer should be 21 points

which is less than jonus' price :wacko:

so it's a 6 point tax...jebus

I mean the most clear confirmation to me that he's ludicrously over costed doesn't even take that amount of projection. He's 2 points more than a pilot with 1 higher ps and a better pilot ability. Tomax's cost just makes rhymer embarrassed.

hes also a really old pilot. The bomber ship on the base price isnt bad, but until we got gammavets they couldnt really do much since all the EPT users had meh abilities and paid out the ass for it.

Though usually the most expensive pilot is the exception to a ship sucking balls (corran, vader, soontir to name a few). Bombers are the opposite lol

Well 30pts is about all you can do for imperial stress attacks. Basic scimitars w/ just tactician would be ~20pts but would also have absolutely no bite and easily evaded.

The stressboat i ran in the past was Tomax actually. Hes 31pts, but he is HILARIOUSLY effective.

Lightning Reflex (perma sloops! with any nonred!)

Tactician

Rebel cap

Mk2 engines

Shuttle

Brought that as a joke because of the LR shenanigans he can do. You cant evade him lol. And im not joking, you cant evade him. Usually doesnt do any damage but man does he dish out stress.

However he doesnt pre-action dish out stress, which is the point of snappy Rhymer.

Lightning Reflexes is a dangerous card to use what with the way it can break the space-time continuum and all.

"After you execute a white or green maneuver on your dial, you may discard this card to rotate your ship 180°. Then receive 1 stress token after the "Check Pilot Stress" step."

Receiving the stress token before the card even triggers is some manner of witchcraft and will get you burnt at the stake, mark my words..

Edited by WWHSD

I flew against someone running that Rhymer with Rebel Captive slapped on as well. Very expensive, but the potential to triple-stress a ship was very strong. Also, he managed to plink in 5 damage one turn with 2 hits off Snap shot and then a painful crit off his primary, so he can definitely pile on some pain.

its pretty obvious how its suppose to work. If anyone seriously challenges me saying its basically a worthless card because of bad wording, im not playing you.

It flips you around if you did a green/white maneuver and gives you a stress AFTER you would normally assign or remove stress.

its pretty obvious how its suppose to work. If anyone seriously challenges me saying its basically a worthless card because of bad wording, im not playing you.

It flips you around if you did a green/white maneuver and gives you a stress AFTER you would normally assign or remove stress.

All you care about is winning. Irreparable damage to the time-stream is a serious problem.

lt9M3T1.jpg  

Am I the only one who doesn't view Snapshot as a secondary weapon? It's an EPT with a specific range and damage value which may be different from the primary weapon value, but that doesn't make it a secondary weapon.

Am I the only one who doesn't view Snapshot as a secondary weapon? It's an EPT with a specific range and damage value which may be different from the primary weapon value, but that doesn't make it a secondary weapon.

The "ATTACK:" header is what makes it a secondary weapon. Rules Reference page 16. First paragraph under "Secondary Weapons".  It is inarguably a secondary weapon.

Nope trust me there are TONS of people wondering if its a secondary weapon.

Just goes to show how many people actually read the rules vs ask their friend how something works as it arises.

Secondary weapons are described as cards with the Attack header. The actual slot the upgrade is in means nothing.

Nope trust me there are TONS of people wondering if its a secondary weapon.

Just goes to show how many people actually read the rules vs ask their friend how something works as it arises.

Secondary weapons are described as cards with the Attack header. The actual slot the upgrade is in means nothing.

Yup, otherwise Hot Shot Blaster wouldn't be a secondary weapon.