Sign in to follow this  
Showtimebrad

Was Worlds Rigged so We'd all Buy Scum!

Think about it! They made Paul fly a scum list so we'd all want to go and buy scum ships, they obviously altered the dice result with magnets underneath the dice trays. Not to mention the cool paint job FFG Obviously made Benjamin Lee put on his Double Protectorate Manaroo list! 

OK, but in all seriousness what a cool worlds for S&V, it's great that they won (though Miranda has to be one of my favourite pilots so I was cheering for Rebels). I like to see a change and we sure did see one in this years worlds, a new worlds winner from another country (big congrats to Nand Torfs) and a new faction taking home the trophy. 

Being a Rebel and Imperial player only so far worlds makes me want to try S&V even more than I wanted to before, so I want to take this moment to ask you all.

What Scum list do you have the most fun playing?

And if you had to choose 1 S&V ship which is your favourite (whether it's looks or how it fly's or anything else)?

You guys rule, keep it positive!  :D

Think about it! They made Paul fly a scum list so we'd all want to go and buy scum ships, they obviously altered the dice result with magnets underneath the dice trays. Not to mention the cool paint job FFG Obviously made Benjamin Lee put on his Double Protectorate Manaroo list! 

If they could use HOTR im sure he would have flown rebels

I caught one game live - Rebels runner-up vs Mindlink Protectorates and Manaroo.

Even though the game was a loss for S&V, it's made me consider picking up a few Scum ships with Mindlink - it looks like great fun to play and co-ordinate.

Oh it is, Mind link is super fun and very rewarding to fly.
Indeed it is. I am currently 3-0 with Manny and 2 Fangs. Works bettwr than most people would think.

no i don't think it was rigged 
i just won our local league in geelong australia  

10 games 9 wins 1 loss

this was against various builds Scum Rebel and Imperial
some quick games some not so straight forward 

i flew  4 blue B-Wings 22 pts each and 1 z95 12 pts   total 100 pts 
why did i fly that 
because i have a busy life and they didn't need anything else other than the pilot cards 
I tend to forget upgrades and sequence of synergy 
taught me how to fly well and judge distance
yeah the load'o'hull/shields made it work but it was all about judgement of where ships will be that worked well 

FBJ

I caught one game live - Rebels runner-up vs Mindlink Protectorates and Manaroo.

Even though the game was a loss for S&V, it's made me consider picking up a few Scum ships with Mindlink - it looks like great fun to play and co-ordinate.

That was one of the games that really made me want to start a mind link list, I really like synergy lists like that! Also it was intense game.

You know, someone legitimately put this theory forward in another thread, suggesting the strength of the U-boat combo was intentional to drive sales of the scum faction, and that they only nerfed it because their ploy was 'too obvious.'

At least they seemed pretty serious about it, it's always hard to tell, Poe's Law and all...

And yet there are those "check out my collection" threads where people have 4 E-wings and 7 TIE bombers. You really think FFG has to try too hard with us? Really?

What's the next conspiracy theory, drug dealers putting heroin in their heroin before selling it to addicts?

Balance looks pretty good right now with multiple list types placing well and each faction placing And ordinance is somewhat good finally. Ironically I didn't expect another fat Han list placing in the top 4 at worlds. Even though it no longer is the all dominant force it once was it has to be the most resilient ship that is placing at worlds and only gets better with hotr.

I'm one of those guys that only has one of each and yet I don't want to add up what I spent because yeah, it is that much. I don't even want to think about what is must be like to be one of "those guys" with 4 E-wings and 7 TIE bombers and one kidney.