Sign in to follow this  
player676160

Newbie with Arkham Horror, got a few questions.

Hi,

Recently got Arkham Horror and played it few times and bit confused on the start/order of turns. Does the starting player first,

Draw mythos card and completley resolve it then take his/her turn as per normal Upkeep, Movement, Arkham encounters, Other world encounters then another mythos card ?

does the second player then do Upkeep, Movement, Arkam encounters, other world encounters and a mythos card ?

and then the next player and so on back to the first player ?

Probably have a few more questions to follow gran_risa.gif

Thanks.

No, the correct sequence would be.

• Upkeep
  • Movement
  • Arkham Encounters
  • Other World Encounters
  • Mythos

The first player starts with the upkeep fase until the last player is done, and than the first player starts with the movement fase..... and so on.

If you have any more questions. Just ask, we are happy to help :-)

Sorry you've lost me sonrojado.gif

So at the begining of the game the first player draws a mythos card and fully resolves it correct ?

after the first player does the mythos card who and what goes/does next ?

Thanks.

After the initial Mythos card has been resolved, the standard turn sequence begins:

1. Players perform their upkeeps one-by-one, starting with the first player.

2. Players move their investigators one-by-one, starting with the first player.

3. Players in Arkham have their encounters one-by-one.

4. Players in Other Worlds have their encounters one-by-one.

5. The first player draws and resolves a Mythos card, then passes on the first player marker.

The next turn begins at step 1. Repeat until you've either won the game or the Ancient One awakes.

-Villain

Ah I see we were doind a mythos, upkeep, movement, Arkham encounter, Other world encounter and a mythos all in one go per player gran_risa.gif

So after  '5. The first player draws and resolves a Mythos card, then passes on the first player marker.'

it will be the second player starting his upkeep first ?

after eveyone has done their other world encounters the second player draws a mythos card resolves it and passes the player marker on ?

Thanks.

What is confusing you is this: the game starts with the end of the turn: Phase 5 - Mythos.

So, when you start the game, you go directly to Phase 5 and draw 1 Mythos card, and resolve it.

Then, starting by the First Player and clockwise, EACH one does these steps in order:

1- Upkeep (player 1, then 2, then 3)

2- After ALL have done Upkeep, ALL do Movement (same order as above)

3- Arkham Encounter (same order)

4- Other World Encounter (...)

5- Mythos Phase (ONLY FIRST PLAYER)

You don't draw 1 Mythos card per player. Only the first player draws the Mythos card, so (normally) there's only 1 Mythos card per turn.

After this, the turn is over. You pass the First Player Marker to the one on your left and keep following phases 1-5. You only start with Mythos Phase at the BEGINNING of the game.

Hope this helps gran_risa.gif

sorry I have some questions could you help me :D?

1. If we turned by per player not per phase, is it work?it's means the first player still draw mythos card,but he run phase:unkeep, movement,AE,OE. then next player do the same 4 phases, untill the last player end his turn. then the marker given to the next player.

2. can I use clue token to reroll Evade,Horror,Combat checks?

3. About the Spell like "Wither" or "Shiverlin", it says that "......this combat", does it means that one spell only works in one monster? So when I defeat this monster then "this" combat is over.  Or it means that I face all monsters in the same position, it's one combat?

sliderliu said:

sorry I have some questions could you help me :D?

1. If we turned by per player not per phase, is it work?it's means the first player still draw mythos card,but he run phase:unkeep, movement,AE,OE. then next player do the same 4 phases, untill the last player end his turn. then the marker given to the next player.

2. can I use clue token to reroll Evade,Horror,Combat checks?

3. About the Spell like "Wither" or "Shiverlin", it says that "......this combat", does it means that one spell only works in one monster? So when I defeat this monster then "this" combat is over.  Or it means that I face all monsters in the same position, it's one combat?

1)  No, that's not quite correct.  The mythos card comes at the END of a turn.  You draw one mythos card at the start of the game during the Game Setup but this doesn't count as any players turn, it's just used to start the game rolling.  When the first turn begins, the first player takes his Upkeep phase, then the second player takes his upkeep phase, then the third player takes his upkeep phase, etc.  Once all players have taken their upkeep phase, ALL players then move on to movement and take it in turns to have a movement phase.  Once all players have taken their movement phase, ALL players then move on to Arkham Encounters, etc.

This order is required because what one player does in his movement phase can effect another.  For example if Player 1 stops in the street to kill a Mi-Go then player 2 no longer has to deal with the Mi-Go in his movement - so he doesn't have to sneak past it, fight it, or wlak around.  And he can even go to player 1's location to take an item off player 1, etc.

2)  Yes.  Any skill check can be augmented per Clue Tokens - and Evade, Horror and Combat Checks (as well as Spell Checks) count as skill checks.

3)  Correct, one monster is one combat.  So Wither works for only one monster per turn.  If you fight a second monster that turn then you'll need another spell or item ...