Sign in to follow this  
RepCommando

A thought about scale...

I got curious the other day at work and did some calculations and had a good laugh about what I realized.

I would say that every Imperial player dreams of the day of piloting an Imperial Star Destroyer in X-Wing, but even using epic ship scaling (1/350), a fully-realized ISD would come in at an amazing 14~feet long.  Staring at my T-65 in comparison, it really does give it an amazing visualization about just how much larger an ISD is than a fighter.  Of course, then I had to know and did the calculations for a Super-class Star Destroyer, which at the same scaling would come in at a whopping 177 feet.  Nearly two-thirds of a football field.  To think that Arvel Kyrnyd nearly brought down such a large ship by himself is absolutely amazing.  I guess this is the reason we'll never see these iconic juggernauts on anything but an Armada table.

Fly casual!

gathering19.jpg

Edited by RepCommando

New Goal for FFG, send us plane tickets and rent out the super bowl stadium to create the ENTIRE Battle of Endor in X-Wing as a promotional event for its playerbase to show them how much they love us. They could even build a giant promotional SSD and a Home One, for the battle. Please please please please....

Ahhh to dream is so fun lol

Super armada with SSD when?

Armada is a 'sliding scale' - as long as ships look comparatively "close enough" against each other, it's in.

IE., a 'beach ball'-sized Death Star?  Sure.

X-Wing-CR-90-length-Super-Star-Destroyer?  I bet someday!  (Okay, maybe they'll push it a bit longer than that - but given the 'sliding scale', it'd be crazy to imagine they aren't at least thinking about it...)

Remind me to bring a beach ball to the next game store when they are playing armada, I can slam it on the table and yell I WIN.... and print up a death star card to prove it.

Just gotta make sure they arnt fielding a Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antillies and M. Falcon on the field and I should be fine.....

Remind me to bring a beach ball to the next game store when they are playing armada, I can slam it on the table and yell I WIN.... and print up a death star card to prove it.

Just gotta make sure they arnt fielding a Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antillies and M. Falcon on the field and I should be fine.....

They'll even be able to add Biggs when the conflict box arrives, too...

I'm pretty sure that Armada exists as a game because the CEO of FFG desperately wanted a Star Destroyer toy, but didn't want to sacrifice the gameplay of X-Wing. 

Which would be odd...

Since most of the game play of X-Wing was chucked away for Armada.....