Sign in to follow this  
Schu81

Rebels - not allowed to win worlds again?

Rebels in the finals.

The worst rebel possible. ...no e-wing fix needed though.

Let's hope the E-Wing fix dies finally; and not be a clanging-cymbal on the forum like the "please fix the X-Wing again" threads. One can only hope....it's "our only hope."

I've only flown the new Rey once with Poe as her wingman but I was amazed I was rolling so many green dice w/rerolls, I was rolled 4 hits multiple times and I could white 3 sloop and take a focus back to back with my opponent unable to escape my arc. 

She was more brutal than I thought. 

After watching worlds I might have to try Corran Horn as a wingman for her. But he likes a 42pt build not 41pts right?

While considering HotR's impact on the meta, it's worth noting that with Pattern Analyzer Poe can match Defenders turn for turn and come out ahead. Sure, he has trouble putting damage through but, particularly if he has Lone Wolf, so do the Defenders. And the damage they do push through tends to go away.

This would be rather different if Hotr was allowed.

Not convinced HOTR is going to make a massive difference. It has some nice toys but nothing meta-breaking. Rey is the best Falcon pilot IMO but the tricks she can pull with Finn in the Falcon are not a million miles away from what you can do with a Ghost with Hera crew and a turret (probably for cheaper).

We had that discussion in another Thread, and while i was not convinced at first, people there told me Rey was a whole level above Lothals anf Dash, and after proxying it forr quite a bit inoficially now, i can only agree. Rey is much more durable than a Ghost, since she has the equal of 2 Defense dice for anything in front, and she also has 4 Attack dice on front with Finn basically. Granted the dice modification is not the best, but she is so **** maneuvrable and hard to kill it's not even funny. Kanan Jarrus just makes her ridiculously hard to pin down because she will always have her whole dial to choose from.

She can joust quite well and when you don't expect it, she will just arc-dodge all of a sudden, or pound something into oblivion with an effective 5-dice attack. The flexibility of this makes her quite superior to any cheap Ghost.

The one thing i consider pretty much equal in power level would be a fully loaded TLT Kanan Jarrus with Phantom docked and Biggs protection. But as we can see this is one of the few Rebel lists that still does quite well at worlds. This comes as no surprise to me, I have flown this a lot under Scout Meta and did very well on several local tournaments with it. Kanan with Phantom is however in the 70 point range, and therefore a comparison is not unfavorable for Rey even there.

Super Dash comes in at about the same cost, and i think he has a little edge in maneuvrability over Rey, and is better at longer range, but he has his obvious disadvantages too. Lower PS, Donut Hole, very allergic to stress inducers, actually lower durability than Rey. Super Dash is still a good ship, but i don't know who comes out on top, Rey or him in this new meta.

I am not sure yet what ship should be flying alongside Rey yet for the remaining 41 points. Regen Norra Wexley as a huge threat comes to mind, Miranda or a pretty loaded Poe. But also Support ships (Esege, Dutch, Cracken, Kyle Katarn)  that can give her focus, TL or bonus actions are a very valid strategy, just as Stress ships are. A Braylen/Stresshog that puts a ton of stress on the opponent and makes outmaneuvering their ships a tad easier is a welcome sight too.

I am very convinced that Fat Rey... (sorry for that name... poor thing) would have made a big big difference in not only Rebel list participation but also in total Rebel lists making the cut. Rey is nothing to sneeze at and we will see that in the near future

So this is the proposed build:

Rey (45)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Finn (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

??

This would be rather different if Hotr was allowed.

Not convinced HOTR is going to make a massive difference. It has some nice toys but nothing meta-breaking. Rey is the best Falcon pilot IMO but the tricks she can pull with Finn in the Falcon are not a million miles away from what you can do with a Ghost with Hera crew and a turret (probably for cheaper).

We had that discussion in another Thread, and while i was not convinced at first, people there told me Rey was a whole level above Lothals anf Dash, and after proxying it forr quite a bit inoficially now, i can only agree. Rey is much more durable than a Ghost, since she has the equal of 2 Defense dice for anything in front, and she also has 4 Attack dice on front with Finn basically. Granted the dice modification is not the best, but she is so **** maneuvrable and hard to kill it's not even funny. Kanan Jarrus just makes her ridiculously hard to pin down because she will always have her whole dial to choose from.

She can joust quite well and when you don't expect it, she will just arc-dodge all of a sudden, or pound something into oblivion with an effective 5-dice attack. The flexibility of this makes her quite superior to any cheap Ghost.

The one thing i consider pretty much equal in power level would be a fully loaded TLT Kanan Jarrus with Phantom docked and Biggs protection. But as we can see this is one of the few Rebel lists that still does quite well at worlds. This comes as no surprise to me, I have flown this a lot under Scout Meta and did very well on several local tournaments with it. Kanan with Phantom is however in the 70 point range, and therefore a comparison is not unfavorable for Rey even there.

Super Dash comes in at about the same cost, and i think he has a little edge in maneuvrability over Rey, and is better at longer range, but he has his obvious disadvantages too. Lower PS, Donut Hole, very allergic to stress inducers, actually lower durability than Rey. Super Dash is still a good ship, but i don't know who comes out on top, Rey or him in this new meta.

I am not sure yet what ship should be flying alongside Rey yet for the remaining 41 points. Regen Norra Wexley as a huge threat comes to mind, Miranda or a pretty loaded Poe. But also Support ships (Esege, Dutch, Cracken, Kyle Katarn)  that can give her focus, TL or bonus actions are a very valid strategy, just as Stress ships are. A Braylen/Stresshog that puts a ton of stress on the opponent and makes outmaneuvering their ships a tad easier is a welcome sight too.

I am very convinced that Fat Rey... (sorry for that name... poor thing) would have made a big big difference in not only Rebel list participation but also in total Rebel lists making the cut. Rey is nothing to sneeze at and we will see that in the near future

So this is the proposed build:

Rey (45)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Finn (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

??

Yes! For Rey it does not get any better really... This is an awesome build!