Sign in to follow this  
nikk whyte

Looks like the SF thread got nuked.

A friend of mine and I were discussing about the SF. He didn't like the dial. I reminded him that, with TIE mk2, the dial reminded me of a defender. What this ship has instead of a white k-turn is a rear arc. 

I haven't flown mine yet. The fang and the Scyk title change have taken up my time.

On the topic of fixes, wheres scum veterans?  :lol:

The TIE/sf is good actually.  Its 3 s-loops suit its function quite well, and unlike the ARC, it can counter attempts to get into its blind-spot by higher PS aces.

FCS and crackshot are only 3 points and turn even the omega spec into a heavy-hitter at 28 pts.  The TIE/sf can get really good mileage out of FCS, and the new target synchronizer card fits well on it as an Imperial Ordnance enabler.  Its a TIE bomber's new BFF...

Interesting....what's your current squad look like? (I have yet to add that crack to my collection, oh my)

SF?

A thread claiming the SF was utterly broken had received a bit of attention this morning. It was likely deleted for being trollish.

It didn't strike me as a troll thread at all, although I only saw the start of it.

More than some of us saw.

I'll look at the sf when lightning fromage gets revealed. 

Electrical cheese?

So stinky it gives bonus agility.

so stinky it does nothing*

so not terribly stinky

We don't know for sure what it does we can only guess at the minute. 

Electrical cheese?

So stinky it gives bonus agility.

so stinky it does nothing*

so not terribly stinky

We don't know for sure what it does we can only guess at the minute. 

well, we're guessing it's an extra green die

aka nothing <_<

Edited by ficklegreendice

Interesting....what's your current squad look like? (I have yet to add that crack to my collection, oh my)

The list I've tried is:

Omega Spec w/ crackshot, FCS, spec ops & targeting synchronizer = 31

Gamma Vet w/ crackshot, homing missile, ion bombs, extra munitions & LRS = 29

Gamma Vet w/ crackshot, proton torp, ion bombs, extra munitions & guidance chips = 28

Academy Pilot = 12

This squad hits about as hard as triple torpedo scouts, except it fires mostly at PS 5.  Plus you have an academy for blocking, and if you do so, it doesn't diminish your alpha strike at all.  The ion bombs are to help keep flankers from being a nuisance and also to buy time for your beta strike. 

And Biophysical came up with this list:

Backdraft w/ VI, FCS, targeting synchronizer & spec ops = 33 (personally, I'd rather have another crackshot here)

2 Omega Specs w/ crackshot, FCS, homing missile, guidance chips & spec ops = 33 x 2

Its firepower is comparable to my list, although slightly different: no beta strike capability, and no ion control, but gets better firepower late game.  Also gives up the blocker of course.

Did you guys notice... kinda!

60SA.gif

IMP%2BKYLO%2BREN.png      

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BFIGHTERS%2B1.PNG       

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BSF%2BFIGHTER.PNG               IMP%2BFO%2BTRANS.png            IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BSF%2BFIGHTER.PNG

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BFIGHTERS%2B1.PNG                   IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BSF%2BFIGHTER.PNG                                      IMP%2BFO%2BUPSILON%2BBLACK.PNG                                     IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BFIGHTERS%2BSF1.PNG                               IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BFIGHTERS%2B1.PNG

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BFIGHTERS%2B1.PNG                  IMP%2BFO%2BTRANS.png

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BSF%2BFIGHTER.PNG           IMP%2BFO%2BTRANS.png                            IMP%2BFO%2BUPSILON%2BBLACK.PNG                                                 IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BFIGHTERS%2B1.PNG

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BSF%2BFIGHTER.PNG                             IMP%2BFO%2BTRANS.png           

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BSF%2BFIGHTER.PNG

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BFIGHTERS%2BSF1.PNG

IMP%2BTIE%2BFO%2BSF%2BFIGHTER.PNG                        

The list I've tried is:

Gamma Vet w/ crackshot, proton torp, ion bombs, extra munitions & guidance chips = 28

Academy Pilot = 12

This squad hits about as hard as triple torpedo scouts, except it fires mostly at PS 5.  Plus you have an academy for blocking, and if you do so, it doesn't diminish your alpha strike at all.  The ion bombs are to help keep flankers from being a nuisance and also to buy time for your beta strike. 

Backdraft w/ VI, FCS, targeting synchronizer & spec ops = 33 (personally, I'd rather have another crackshot here)

2 Omega Specs w/ crackshot, FCS, homing missile, guidance chips & spec ops = 33 x 2

Its firepower is comparable to my list, although slightly different: no beta strike capability, and no ion control, but gets better firepower late game.  Also gives up the blocker of course.

And stolen.

Both those lists looks like good fun.

How'd they test thus far?

I tried Backdraft + PTL + FCS + PA + EU + TITLE

38pts but he is very unpredictable, able to boost and barrel roll in either direction and have his butt shot and end stress free from pattern analyzer.

I figure dodging arcs is best defense, and I think I can get 38 pts of value from this build more than a 32pt build.

The rest of my list is tough and can survive. OL and x7 Maarek with Predator.

The list I've tried is:

Academy Pilot = 12

And stolen.

Both those lists looks like good fun.

How'd they test thus far?

I haven't done anything more than throw the list together based on blade-mercurial's initial idea. I can't speak for him.

Broken as in glorious or broken as in terrible. Kids and their double meanings for things!!!!

Anyone care to give a brief run down of the thread? I missed it and I am trying to work in a Brackdraft. This forum is great for ideas.

I think the TIE S/F is a sleeper hit. We kind of overlooked it at first because it needs one of 2 cards that came with Heroes of the Resistance: Pattern Analyzer or Primed Thrusters. But having those cards let's you understand how those things "can really move!"

The trick to getting good value out of your SF is to fly it like an X-Wing. It has the same stat line as the T-70, but is priced like a T-65.

It has a great dial if you don't mind stress (Primed Thrusters), or can avoid stress (Pattern Analyzer + Mark 2 Engines). Either way you can take FCS and get a free TL. You can basically get 2-3 actions per turn, have an incredible range of motion, and if you need to, you can always fire out the back.

Backdraft is obviously going to fly a bit differently. You're still going to want either Primed Thrusters or Pattern Analyzer, but if you are going to be spending a lot of time with back arcs, you probably want collision detector and debris fields instead of FCS- I find that it's harder to stay focused onto a single target with my rear arc.

Also: action denial is deadly for these ships. Plan your engagements carefully so you don't bump.

Broken as in glorious or broken as in terrible. Kids and their double meanings for things!!!!

Anyone care to give a brief run down of the thread? I missed it and I am trying to work in a Brackdraft. This forum is great for ideas.

I think the TIE S/F is a sleeper hit. We kind of overlooked it at first because it needs one of 2 cards that came with Heroes of the Resistance: Pattern Analyzer or Primed Thrusters. But having those cards let's you understand how those things "can really move!"

The trick to getting good value out of your SF is to fly it like an X-Wing. It has the same stat line as the T-70, but is priced like a T-65.

It has a great dial if you don't mind stress (Primed Thrusters), or can avoid stress (Pattern Analyzer + Mark 2 Engines). Either way you can take FCS and get a free TL. You can basically get 2-3 actions per turn, have an incredible range of motion, and if you need to, you can always fire out the back.

Backdraft is obviously going to fly a bit differently. You're still going to want either Primed Thrusters or Pattern Analyzer, but if you are going to be spending a lot of time with back arcs, you probably want collision detector and debris fields instead of FCS- I find that it's harder to stay focused onto a single target with my rear arc.

Also: action denial is deadly for these ships. Plan your engagements carefully so you don't bump.

This is my general experience running various Quickdraw builds. Pattern Analyzers and/or Electronic Baffles along with the rear arc option makes her incredibly shifty. Once you can get close, she is surprisingly survivable because you can dodge arcs better with the Barrel Roll and kill stuff before it can shoot at you and there are so many moves that still leave you with an attack. It all comes together into a real solid package.

Forget the SF, when are we going to see a fix for the TIE Phantom?

It's only got one pilot worth a **** and it comes with VI and ACD glued to it!

Talk about stale!

I disagree on all counts. The TIE phantom used to be a forgiving extreme damage agility tank with the most powerful small ship primary attack in the game and the most powerful reactive repositioning ability in the game. The change removed the reactive and therefore the forgiving. A ship that had been the demon of the metagame for a very long time and therefore a ship who's counters were throughly understood became a skill-dependent ship overnight and as a result almost entirely died out for a wave or two: Soontir Fel filled the same niche after Wave 6 powered him up and everyone was bored of the TIE phantom.

But it's never been a bad ship. The higher PS TIE phantoms almost always take ACD because it's much more powerful than SPA and they take VI because VI makes ACD more powerful. It's like PTL on a TIE interceptor: the other options aren't bad relative to the rest of the game but they're not as good as PTL.

There were plenty of TIE phantom builds in Wave 4, you just always saw Whisper VI ACD because she was the best one. The other builds haven't really been explored.

Backdraft is one of my favourite Imperial ships to play right now. VI,Title, Accuracy Corrector (sensor cluster if I can afford). Recently I heard a rumour that you can't add the crit out the rear with accuracy corrector. Is this true!? Also why not!? Is adding counted as modifying?

Sounds right (Not adding the crit) because the crit is added to the attack results and AC cancels the attack to add 2 hits