Sign in to follow this  
nikk whyte

Looks like the SF thread got nuked.

The thread still exists, but it's in the phantom zone.  I got a like which gives me a link to the thread.  I "do not have permission" to view the thread. 

It didn't even seem that hostile to me.   Maybe we have a new forum overlord?

It was a rather silly thread.  The only problem I see with the SF is Quickdraw getting all the attention while Backdraft is the real star.

eh, they're both quite great regardless

all depends on how you build em

only real problem with the SF is palpatine and x7s kinda overshadow the entire imperial line-up

It was a rather silly thread.  The only problem I see with the SF is Quickdraw getting all the attention while Backdraft is the real star.

eh, they're both quite great regardless

all depends on how you build em

only real problem with the SF is palpatine and x7s kinda overshadow the entire imperial line-up

I think, like how a skilled /D player can wreck an /x7 player, that a good SF set up and good wingmen can make the defenders sweat. Takes a steady hand and a great pilot though.

It's gone. The OP basically asked how/if FFG could "fix" the SF.

I really like building Quickdraw conservatively with the title FCS and an undecided EPT, it makes her a sh*tty thing to target. Backdraft is brillo. They may not be tip top tier but they are fun and something quite different compared to most Imperial ships and I'm really glad they exist.

It's gone. The OP basically asked how/if FFG could "fix" the SF.

I really like building Quickdraw conservatively with the title FCS and an undecided EPT, it makes her a sh*tty thing to target. Backdraft is brillo. They may not be tip top tier but they are fun and something quite different compared to most Imperial ships and I'm really glad they exist.

What I really want to know is what FFG are going to do about the Quadjumper... I've yet to see anyone put one down on the table, and I doubt we will see anyone using one at worlds... FIX IT NOW!

Linkage is toast.   It's a new paradigm.  Drama, in our post-PGS environment, is squashed quickly or so maybe we think. Or not.

So anyway.....

I have been surprised by the SF.  I was a naysayer.  I didn't like the dial.  I didn't like the 2 agility (still don't).  But it works.   I don't play rebels so maybe this all felt normal to rebel players, but it was new to me. 

I have been playing the SF since release and have had good success with it.  I haven't gone up against palp aces, uboats, or X7 defenders yet, so the final verdict for me isn't in yet.  Backdraft is good, Quickdraw is OK.  The omegas do alright.  I haven't found a use for the zetas. 

Backdraft is one of my favourite Imperial ships to play right now. VI,Title, Accuracy Corrector (sensor cluster if I can afford). Recently I heard a rumour that you can't add the crit out the rear with accuracy corrector. Is this true!? Also why not!? Is adding counted as modifying?

AC not working with Backdraft isn't a "rumor"

AC says you cannot further modify your dice after adding 2 hit results

use FCS

I have been playing the SF since release and have had good success with it.  I haven't gone up against palp aces, uboats, or X7 defenders yet, so the final verdict for me isn't in yet.  Backdraft is good, Quickdraw is OK.  The omegas do alright.  I haven't found a use for the zetas. 

and you never will

huzzah!

Edited by ficklegreendice

Backdraft is one of my favourite Imperial ships to play right now. VI,Title, Accuracy Corrector (sensor cluster if I can afford). Recently I heard a rumour that you can't add the crit out the rear with accuracy corrector. Is this true!? Also why not!? Is adding counted as modifying?

Yes, adding a dice counts as modifying.

The TIE/sf is good actually.  Its 3 s-loops suit its function quite well, and unlike the ARC, it can counter attempts to get into its blind-spot by higher PS aces.

FCS and crackshot are only 3 points and turn even the omega spec into a heavy-hitter at 28 pts.  The TIE/sf can get really good mileage out of FCS, and the new target synchronizer card fits well on it as an Imperial Ordnance enabler.  Its a TIE bomber's new BFF...

AC not working with Backdraft isn't a "rumor"

AC says you cannot further modify your dice after adding 2 hit results

use FCS

and you never will

huzzah!

Well, yeah.  But I was using that as short hand for ordnance-heavy lists. X7s don't care about your proton torps.  The SF certainly does.  Also haven't really faced 3-dice PWTs which could be another problem.