Crabbok

Wave 6 prediction thread

5 hours ago, Thraug said:

I really hope they do not add a scum faction, and doubt they will. There is ZERO presence or even hints of a scum faction ship in any of the canon movies. Plus, they already have a large # of neutral squads in the game that are already affiliated with one of the sides.

Clone wars pirates had saucer like ships. And rebels featured some small scum ships. 

Scum faction will be dependent on what we see in the Han Solo movie which will probably be largely scum and villainy and the next few seasons of Rebels.

I would not count it out only that we will not see one for another several years yet. 

49 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Scum faction will be dependent on what we see in the Han Solo movie which will probably be largely scum and villainy and the next few seasons of Rebels.

I would not count it out only that we will not see one for another several years yet. 

I highly doubt we will see anything too big. Maybe a Mandalorian ship but nothing bigger than that.

4 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

I highly doubt we will see anything too big. Maybe a Mandalorian ship but nothing bigger than that.

Perhaps, but we should not discount the possibility of seeing a one off large Hutt ship or something else. To be honest all it would take at this point is a large base or medium base ship to legitimize the faction. It's doubtful but possible. That's two years from now so not much to worry about.

Edited by Forresto

I'd think it time to do some support for the imperial admirals, and bring in some decent new ones. The current rack of imp ADM is pretty lack luster, especially when your trying to put together the Corellian Conflict. I'd like more options to interact with admiral Vader, Tarkin, and token refund dude. I'd like a officer version of Tarkin. And more concrete benefit type ones. And one that enables more imperial squadron play. Like if like a admiral that just gives me four extra stands of generic TIE fighters for cheap, like 25 points. Let me fly the swarm.

Sincerely, a long time Rebel Admiral

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

If any of my hopes and wishes could possibly be true...the Han Solo movie will have as a 'big/bad' the Corporate Sector Authority, and FINALLY give a proper canonization to the Victory-class Star Destroyer.  (I'll take the Mining Guild as a stand-in, as we've seen them name-dropped and on-screen since the 80s.  But, for the love of the gods, GIVE THEM A VICTORY-CLASS SHIP!)

1 minute ago, chr335 said:

Still hoping we get a pack of new ship titles and new captial ship variants and new upgrades.  A shipyard pack if you will.

I think we will, chr335.  I Just have a feeling it'll be a campaign set, like CC.

10 minutes ago, idiewell said:

I think we will, chr335.  I Just have a feeling it'll be a campaign set, like CC.

I think this is how we'll get Thrawn and Chimera.  Having an admiral that gives you a benefit on a campaign, level instead of a battle level would be cool.  The only problem is who the rebel counterpart is - perhaps Bail Organa?

Normally I'd be annoyed at our snail-like release pace, but System Open stuff has consumed my meager free time, so I'm actually pretty good waiting for now...

Really would like the Rogue One Rebel Cruiser, the Chimera, the Hammerhead, and an Imperial carrier... would work great for me  

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

I hope we get at least two ships per faction but this is the most likely.

If they added in a 2nd ship, it's easy to add in the Rebellion MC75, but then you gotta figure out what makes sense for a 2nd Imperial ship to which I'm not sure what that could be. I mean, I know there are options, but nothing "stands out." I think it's more likely to see a Wave 3 & 4 effect where it will just be 1 ship each for 2 more waves until we hit Episode 8 where they're likely to dip into the new trilogy that can include squadrons as well. 

5 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/14/swm-up-close-and-personal/

So I guess we will have to theorize about wave 7 now

Just take all the predictions in this thread that didn't come true, replace '6' with '7' wherever it appears, and viola! Wave 7 predictions! :)

The next wave just dropped. A little surprised with the Quasar,  but not with the Hammerheads. The boarding party card will be very valuable with other ships. Perhaps we will see another squadrons pack in the next wave.