Crabbok

Wave 6 prediction thread

Lose one of the fleet supports. Drop hull by one. And the shields should be 2 all around imo. Up AA to a blue instead of black. Give it 4 squadron tops. Lose the defense retrofit and contain. Have only blue dice in the arcs. Even the rear. Just one all around maybe 2 tops. Maybe give it a second offensive retrofit. Make speed 2 = 1 1

2 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

so what adjustments do you think it needs. I wanted to keep the 5 squadron cause that's the point of the ship. It is solely a carrier.  

Maybe a little more expensive and a couple less upgrades?

Honestly for squad 5 I'd be thinking ~80. Squad 5 is insane.

I would still drop it one or two for the squadron value in exchange for an offensive retrofit. And drop that cost. Maybe remove a defensive retrofit as it doesn't really need 2. Especially with that cost. I would rather take a vic 1 for that price.

An element of abstraction may be in play - much of the Quasar is empty space - hangars etc.

It wouldn't be the first time a very large ship had very few hit points. Look at the MC30 - only 4 hit points like the corvettes - yet it's huge - longer than a Gladiator-class. It has much thicker shields than corvettes though.

1 hour ago, Ironlord said:

An element of abstraction may be in play - much of the Quasar is empty space - hangars etc.

It wouldn't be the first time a very large ship had very few hit points. Look at the MC30 - only 4 hit points like the corvettes - yet it's huge - longer than a Gladiator-class. It has much thicker shields than corvettes though.

Perhaps but the entire point of a Quasar is to maintain orbit over a planet and act as basically a temporary military space station. I doubt with that in mind the Empire would give it less armor then an Arquietens. This isnt meant to be an agile ship like the corvette or MC-30 that can afford to have little armor. 

However I'd be fine with 4 hull if engineering was bumped up from 3 to 4.  In that sense it would at least be able to take damage and alleviate some of it and in universe it would make sense a carrier would have great engineering.

Edited by Forresto

4 squadron is reasonable for the Quasar. In the rebellion PC game it could carry the same amount of ties as a star destroyer.

i still think a single forward anti-ship gun. At a push, a single left & right also. Certainly no rear guns.

So after watching Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, I got to thinking on what the new ships and squadrons, if any, might come out for wave 6. We already have a vast selection to choose from, but the movie is sure to inspire new ships and squadrons for Star Wars: Armada.

Ship-wise, for the rebels, I would predict that the Hammerhead Corvette and the MC75 Cruiser. Now I say this because of the clear representation both ships had in the movie. The Hammerhead would obviously be on a small baseplate and the cruiser would be on a large baseplate. 

This section will talk about possible upgrades and specifics to the Hammerhead. One upgrade card that might be available can be the name "Lightmaker." Then upgrade could be that if this ship rams another, the Hammerhead does not suffer a damage card, then discard this card. It would be a good ship, but has the same hp as the CR90, so it would be advised to not get in close to imperial ships unless they were low on hp or out in the open.

The much larger MC75 would include the commander card "Admiral Raddus" Who can buff squadrons at close range. The title card "Profundity" can increase the amount of red dice on the front firing arc by 1. I don't know what else could be included, this is all a prediction. 

Now squadrons for the next wave may be split between rebels and imperials as it did before. I predict two squadrons for rebels and two for imperials. The first rebel Squadron might be blue squadron from the movie. It would be a regular X-wing model, but the upgrade card would increase the Squadron value by one. The second squadron I'd expect to be is Rouge One. But here's the fun thing about it. It either stays as Rouge One with Jyn Erso or it plays as a imperial cargo ship. Jyn would have less hp, but increases the number of black dice of rebel ships by 1 while at distance 1. The imperial transport would have way more hp, but only has an anti-squadron value of 1. It seems like a bad idea, but it would last longer against squadrons. The imperial squadron would obviously be the tie strikers with a value of 3, but a speed of 5.

I don't know what the imperial ships would consistent of, maybe a Death Star, but it would cost a ridiculous amount of points to play, at minimum of 200 points to even play it, but has crazy hp.

What do you guys think about what we should expect in the future?

I'd like to see full-blown carriers, but I'm unsure the Quasar qualifies as a true carrier. Wookipedia has an ISD1's Fighter carrying capacity at ~72 TIEs, with the Quasar at ~48. That's  2/3rds of an ISD, so if sticking to Armada numbers the Quasar would have ~3 squadron, which is sad for a carrier.

I'd like to see a true heavy carrier, something with ~8 squadron value, very little armament and some nice upgrade slots for carriers. I would never use the Quasar shown above at ~78 points, with a squadron value of 5. For 78 points you can buy 3 Gozanti and get 6 squadron value and 2 more activations, ... and have 9 points left over. No-brainer there.

21 minutes ago, Thraug said:

I'd like to see a true heavy carrier, something with ~8 squadron value, very little armament and some nice upgrade slots for carriers. I would never use the Quasar shown above at ~78 points, with a squadron value of 5. For 78 points you can buy 3 Gozanti and get 6 squadron value and 2 more activations, ... and have 9 points left over. No-brainer there.

The difference is you're tricking those commands in over multiple activations - rather than having one solid alpha-strike - which would make a difference depending, as well, wether say, Flight Controllers were involved...

Neither concept is the best.  They trade away Alpha-Strike for Activations, and vice-versa...   So, its a legitimate strategy either way.

I think its going to be Hammerheads for rebels because they have yet to come and are a big part of the reblion. The imperials on the other hand, it is hard to say, it could be the quasar or the dreadnought. I think if we get the quasar, more rapid launch bays, 6-7 squadron value, but low sheilds and artillery. On the other hand, we get the dreadnought, all around OK with ordnance. The rebels get the hammerheads with their titles get to move the ship or the hammerhead doesn't take damage when ramming. I don't think we'll see any more squadrons quite yet.?

4 minutes ago, ElSee said:

Do explain

When Wave 5 was Released and ready for ordering, it was fronted with this image instead of the Pelta Command that is the standard.  The Image was subsequently updated, but generally speaking, websites and such for distributors use a pre-packaged set of Data (they don't have to search for their own, they're all provided by FFG).  And the Spanish Distributor would have everything in advance, because as per their Distributorship agreements, they also have to work on translation and localisation.

So basically, they potentially stuck Wave 6's image up instead of Wave 5...  Easy to do.

And it wasn't corrected for a Couple of Hours.  

Also, the Screenshot is here.  Because there's no Apparently when you can Show the Truth :D :

edge.jpg

Edited by Drasnighta

To be clear though, Its not proof, its clever supposition, for the most part.  

Especially with reading into the legality side of it.  

Its basically just a potential outcome, but it is one that was noticed and cataloged by the guy with the Article Predictions Thread :D

3 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

To be clear though, Its not proof, its clever supposition, for the most part.  

Especially with reading into the legality side of it.  

Its basically just a potential outcome, but it is one that was noticed and cataloged by the guy with the Article Predictions Thread :D

...but since basically everyone paying attention to "seen on-screen" to "available in-game" timelines are already assuming that wave 6 is the Hammerhead Corvette for the Rebels and Quasar-carrier for the Empire...

It's just confirmation of something that already seemed pretty blatantly obvious.