Crabbok

Wave 6 prediction thread

I just realized now that Dr. Aphra and evil R2-D2 and C3-PO have transcended from comics into the mobile games and more importantly Imperial Assault that disney wants the characters to become an integral part of the growing new canon.

What I find VERY interesting is that if those characters are allowed into the miniatures world then we may see Aphra's starship in a second Rogues and Villains pack.

The Ark Angel

latest?cb=20150404060303

3 hours ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

Squadron four, 40 points, small base, and a title that gives it a boosted comms-like effect.
One blue die from all arcs

Sounds good, although if keeping it canon, I'd say only anti-fighter guns, no anti-ship & a title that buffs bombers somehow.

35 minutes ago, FourDogsInaHorseSuit said:

Even TIE/ln can laser a ship. 

Fair point. Given the model I'd say only a single forward anti-ship attack then. Certainly seem like the ship had no rear guns.

Edited by ISD Avenger

that works, however.  still needs to be cheap because if it's the same price as a vic I then taking the better armed/armored is the obvious choice.  FFG won't do us dirty, this past wave has been phenominal, I cant wait to see whats next.  (VENATOR!!!)

5 hours ago, Grey Mage said:

And there went most of the reason to take Gozantis. It needs to be Medium, and capable of its own schtick.

'Most of the reason to take Gozantis' is their scatter defense token, and their 'fleet support' upgrade slot - neither of which the Light Carrier would have.  And they lack weapons teams - so cannot take Flight Controllers.  Gozers are, really, somewhat terrible carriers - but good at everything else.  There is plenty of design space for a very similar (in stats) ship that is twice as good a carrier, but dreadful at all the stuff the Gozer DOES do.

As to a medium base - anything is possible, but I really rather doubt it.  On-screen, it hardly looks any bigger than an Arrrgghkittens!  And recall that even ships as large as the Gladiator-class Star Destroyer (and this is flatly not a Star Destroyer) still manage to be 'small' bases.  You don't go 'Medium' until you are looking at MASSIVELY bigger ships, like the Victory-class.

Edited by xanderf

Executrix, 10 pts, when an ISD I has this title lower initial ship cost by twenty five points. When an ISD II has this title lower initial ship cost by twenty points.

My idea behind it is the Executrix is Tarkin's flagship. Tarkin is an excellent administrator so he would probably yave surplus, therefore why not give a rebate on an expensive ship?

Edited by Forresto

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Executrix, 10 pts, when an ISD I has this title lower initial ship cost by twenty five points. When an ISD II has this title lower initial ship cost by twenty points.

My idea behind it is the Executrix is Tarkin's flagship. Tarkin is an excellent administrator so he would probably yave surplus, therefore why not give a rebate on an expensive ship?

Erm. . . did you perhaps intend for this to go in the [Insert Title Here] thread? If not, do you mean that you think they'd release an expansion with titles? That would be pretty cool. . .

I'm not interested in just title packs but I would put new titles and ship cards in the next campaign box instead of squadron cards.  That would be a good place for they.

Edited by Rune Taq
Typo

3 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

I'm not interested in just title packs but I would put new titles and ship cards in the next campaign box instead of squadron cards.  That would be a good place for they.

Of little difference except we get one faster.  Might be nice if the next campaign, should one ever exist, have a better, less shallow framework.

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

Personally, I enjoy the light framework.  Just enough depth to be meaningful, but not bogging down in minutiae.

I felt areas and resources we rather inconsequential.  Resources we far too abundant to be meaningful. So it was more a veneer over some fleet battles, with fleets hitting 500 rnd 3ish, so no real growth either.

2 hours ago, Darthain said:

Of little difference except we get one faster.  Might be nice if the next campaign, should one ever exist, have a better, less shallow framework.

Im not saying dont be critical, I always endorse having a healthy amount of skepticism, but this is their first campaign. They havent even made one for X Wing yet so this is a test.

Oh, man...

55+8+2+3+3+5+(5x9)+12
65+50+18
133 ?

133 Points to FC/FCT Push 5 Bombers and a Jumpmaster with inbuilt Bomber Command and Jamming Field.

That's Gold as far as I'm concerned.  

Its only saving grace is no brace so it'll be fragile as all hell.

I think the Base Squadron Value is too high for it...  At that points cost, anyway...  Two Gozanti's Bolted Together are about the same Price, and provide the majority of the useful slots - but don't have the Alpha-Strike capability...   But lose out on Officers and a second Offensive...  Adding Support Team is Dirty...   Since you're basically saying "FCT this."...  There's not a lot of support it could use eitherwise.

Edited by Drasnighta

29 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

so what adjustments do you think it needs. I wanted to keep the 5 squadron cause that's the point of the ship. It is solely a carrier.  

Maybe a little more expensive and a couple less upgrades?

I cannot help you.

Squadron 5, I feel, is too much.  When it becomes 6 with Hangars, and 7 with a Token.

Even the most "Dedicated" Carriers we have right now are 3s and 4s.   Only one can be improved beyond that, and basically, you pay for it.