Crabbok

Wave 6 prediction thread

Ok what wave do you all think the executed SSD will be released. Or between what waves as they didnt release epic sized ships for xwing in waves really.  It was more like wave 4, rebel blockade runner, wave 5... 

I say we get one or two more waves then the SSD.  

1 hour ago, Rune Taq said:

Ok what wave do you all think the executed SSD will be released. Or between what waves as they didnt release epic sized ships for xwing in waves really.  It was more like wave 4, rebel blockade runner, wave 5... 

I say we get one or two more waves then the SSD.  

To answer your question, I'd say wave 10 of armada would be the one to release the ssd  it's a significant wave and nothing much more significant than an ssd

28 minutes ago, Lobokai said:

Wow. If the mention in Tarkin is enough, then we'll have rebel gravity well ships soon too. 

The Corellian Campaign is "Future Proofed" to allow it, too.

In regards to Stopping Hyperspace Retreat for example:

1)  It does not state it is an Imperial Tactic.  (Empire or Rebel is never mentioned)

2) It does not state a ship name.  (The word 'Interdictor' is never mentioned).

3) It merely states that a ship with at least one "Experimental Retrofit" slot on its Upgrade Bar.  (It doesn't even have to have anything Equipped!)

That's really dumb...The only thing I really dislike about the new canon is that there is this feeling of rush in everything. There is no sense of gradual transition in the in universe history right now. 

1 hour ago, Drasnighta said:

The Corellian Campaign is "Future Proofed" to allow it, too.

In regards to Stopping Hyperspace Retreat for example:

1)  It does not state it is an Imperial Tactic.  (Empire or Rebel is never mentioned)

2) It does not state a ship name.  (The word 'Interdictor' is never mentioned).

3) It merely states that a ship with at least one "Experimental Retrofit" slot on its Upgrade Bar.  (It doesn't even have to have anything Equipped!)

I won't disagree as your right the phrasing is open to a rebel faction having an interdictor like ship. But thematically should they? I don't know if that really fits them as a faction but it definitely fits the Imperial doctrine. 

Edited by Forresto

57 minutes ago, Forresto said:

That's really dumb...The only thing I really dislike about the new canon is that there is this feeling of rush in everything. There is no sense of gradual transition in the in universe history right now. 

I won't disagree as your right the phrasing is open to a rebel faction having an interdictor like ship. But thematically should they? I don't know if that really fits them as a faction but it definitely fits the Imperial doctrine. 

Define "Thematically".

Because they totally do.

Have for a long time.

Recently Re-Canonized.

47 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Define "Thematically".

Because they totally do.

Have for a long time.

Recently Re-Canonized.

Do they? If you dont mind me asking but whats the source? I know theres interdiction madness in Tarkin but wasnt that an Imperial ship?

9 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

I'm also curious. Do we know a class or name of the rebel gravity well ship. I want to know what it looks like.

Once upon a time it was the CC-7700 and the CC-7700/E.  Now?  With the canon the way it is?  No idea.

Ah. Well looking into it in the current canon it would appear that ship is no longer a Rebel vessel but an Imperial one. 

Personally and completely in my opinion, I sort've hope the grave well and Interdictor abilities stay Imperial. Its something unique about that faction and I like factions, especially when we only have and probably ever will have only two, to stay as unique as possible. 

Edited by Forresto

6 minutes ago, Lasseaj said:

Does anybody have any clue about when wave 6 will drop?

Most likely not till after the next round of Worlds. They just dumped a ton of stuff on the us and the game, and they will theoretically give it some time to breathe.

I would anticipate an announcement for it in a couple of months, and possibly preview it at worlds in May, release a couple of months after that. 

I hope they give us a while. I still don't have all the ships I want from waves 3 and 4, let alone wave 5. I have one of everything but usually get two of everything and sometime 3 for the smaller ships. I need time to get my fleets purchased then they can drop new stuff for me to spend my money on. 

5 hours ago, Lasseaj said:

Does anybody have any clue about when wave 6 will drop?

Hopefully they won't reveal anything until after Worlds, which is in 3 months.

I think they could benefit from quicker, shorter wave releases. Do the big reveal. Run the month of articles, and get us the product at the end of that. Keep all the shipping and printing stuff behind closed doors. Nice and clean. And then they can plan for 6-8 months for the next wave and get us on a cycle of releases, and the gaps are filled by tournament kits, and independently released campaigns half way through the release cycles.

Yeah, not going to happen.  But I find your Optimising refreshing :D

More likely this:

We'll get a Leak at GAMA (Which is a Trade show, not a Public Show.)

Then after the Leak makes it out, they'll hastily slap an announcement article up.  Bonus points if it uses that Quasar-picture we had the Spanish Distributor misuse earlier this year.  

The announcement article will herald the wave being placed into the "IN DEVELOPMENT" section of the Upcoming page for an indeterminite number of weeks, before it starts the 8+ week Printing, 8+ Week On the Boat cycle, and we'll get it sometime in July.

But the only information that comes out beyond the final reveal the weeks immediately before release come from people who camp out the Upcoming page to let everyone know the moment it changes status.  And I don't know if it will be me, at this point in time.  I've still lost most of my faith.

Edited by Drasnighta

4 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Yeah, not going to happen.  But I find your Optimising refreshing :D

More likely this:

We'll get a Leak at GAMA (Which is a Trade show, not a Public Show.)

Then after the Leak makes it out, they'll hastily slap an announcement article up.  Bonus points if it uses that Quasar-picture we had the Spanish Distributor misuse earlier this year.  

The announcement article will herald the wave being placed into the "IN DEVELOPMENT" section of the Upcoming page for an indeterminite number of weeks, before it starts the 8+ week Printing, 8+ Week On the Boat cycle, and we'll get it sometime in July.

But the only information that comes out beyond the final reveal the weeks immediately before release come from people who camp out the Upcoming page to let everyone know the moment it changes status.  And I don't know if it will be me, at this point in time.  I've still lost most of my faith.

I can hope! I know this is what they do now, but I don't see what the public benefits from such gross transparency.

1 minute ago, Undeadguy said:

I can hope! I know this is what they do now, but I don't see what the public benefits from such gross transparency.

Because, like any system that's inherently hostile to change, it eventually delivers.  And generally so within the Nebulous Deadlines provided, which are most likely coming out of China, written in Greek, translated into Hebrew, buried in sand and recovered by an amateur archaeologist, re-post-translated to English, accidentally fed to a pig, had half of it re-translated from the original Hebrew by a different interpreter, and then posted for us to see...  

A New way of running the system, potentially, runs the risk of not.  Given the Market, Economic (and Political) influences and stuff like that...  

4 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Because, like any system that's inherently hostile to change, it eventually delivers.  And generally so within the Nebulous Deadlines provided, which are most likely coming out of China, written in Greek, translated into Hebrew, buried in sand and recovered by an amateur archaeologist, re-post-translated to English, accidentally fed to a pig, had half of it re-translated from the original Hebrew by a different interpreter, and then posted for us to see...  

A New way of running the system, potentially, runs the risk of not.  Given the Market, Economic (and Political) influences and stuff like that...  

Also, not giving a Crap probably saves a ton of money in the short and long term.

1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

Also, not giving a Crap probably saves a ton of money in the short and long term.

They could save us all the roller coaster ride of emotions and content starvation by simply not saying anything at all. Or they could take a page from Blizzard and announce something, then go back to their hole and continue to generate great content and deliver when the product is ready.

I'm not saying change the system that they have in place. But do we really need to know when they are printing? Or that the product is sent on their rowboats going upstream on a class 4 rapids?

We will eventually get wave 6. I just think we can do without the waiting like we did for wave 5 articles.

I think radio silence is better than what we have now, and I know not everyone agrees with that. 

::shrug::

Given up on what most people want anyway.

I'm clinically more interested in Wave 7 than Wave 6.

Wave 7 will be the first wave that, based on previous timelines, will have been fully designed and integrated after the Asmodee takeover.

Honestly I will be more satisfied just knowing what the Wave VI ships are so that we have something on the forum to talk about. Having not bought Wave V yet, which is going to be costly, I don't have any interest in buying further Armada waves anytime soon. I know thats not true of anyone so i'm not saying I wish for Wave VI to come out much later in the year on my account. If anything earlier releases make purchasing far easier even later at the end of the year when the wave has been more widely distributed. 

As for predictions there is very little chance that the Quasar is not one of the Wave VI ships having been apart of the new canon for some time now. Lets not even talk about faction, although I am fervently on the side that it must be an Imperial Vessel, will it be a small base ship or a medium base ship? The Quasar's new canon size has not been determined yet as far as I can tell but its bigger then it seems. I myself think the model would be a bit bigger then a Gladiator and therefore necessitate its placement on a medium base. I could be wrong though it may be roughly the same size as a gladiator. Medium base just doesn't feel entirely right... 

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

Honestly I will be more satisfied just knowing what the Wave VI ships are so that we have something on the forum to talk about. Having not bought Wave V yet, which is going to be costly, I don't have any interest in buying further Armada waves anytime soon. I know thats not true of anyone so i'm not saying I wish for Wave VI to come out much later in the year on my account. If anything earlier releases make purchasing far easier even later at the end of the year when the wave has been more widely distributed. 

As for predictions there is very little chance that the Quasar is not one of the Wave VI ships having been apart of the new canon for some time now. Lets not even talk about faction, although I am fervently on the side that it must be an Imperial Vessel, will it be a small base ship or a medium base ship? The Quasar's new canon size has not been determined yet as far as I can tell but its bigger then it seems. I myself think the model would be a bit bigger then a Gladiator and therefore necessitate its placement on a medium base. I could be wrong though it may be roughly the same size as a gladiator. Medium base just doesn't feel entirely right... 

Although its size hasn't been canonically stated, it is visually represented with Rebels.  Based purely on that, it dwarfs every other small Ship in the Empire Fleet...  Including the Phoenix Home in comparison (if you use the size of the 'vette to illustrate, as they're never directly together)...  And the Phoenix Home feels like its about ready to break out of that small ship size...

So yes.  Medium.  Without a Doubt.

On 2/4/2017 at 6:42 PM, Forresto said:

It could fit thematically. It would be a shame if an imperial convoy that the rebels were raiding for resources/tech/info were to escape to hyperspace. Rebels operate by using superior flexibility to leverage more force onto a target then the imperials have at point of contact, and running like the wind when they are outnumbered. These hit and fade tactics show up all over in the lore, except when extreme Death Star type circumstances dictate that they roll the dice. A rebel interdictor could just help them to trap the target, in which situations it works for exactly the same reasons it does for the imps.

That said, I was unaware the rebels had any grav well style ships.

Edited by Madaghmire

I haven't considered wave 7 is under "new ownership"... I don't think Asmodee would try to stick their fingers into every game and change it. Unless they want to get some editors to proof read all the damn cards that are horribly written. 

It would be a nightmare if they tried to implement their own mechanics into Armada just because they can.