Crabbok

Wave 6 prediction thread

1 hour ago, Madaghmire said:

Didn't these get released? I'm pretty sure my wife has these models in her dresser drawer.

I see what you did there.  :P

Yes, these were a special battery powered edition that vibrate when they take damage.

6 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

Regaurdless if raddus is dead after the battle of scarif or not. Yes a commander before and can be on a card. There are imperial commanders that die in ESB that are on cards. Grand Moff Tarkin is dead after Battle of Yavin. I don't think it's an issue if he is dead.  Maybe I'm over thinking your statment though. Maybe your just hoping he is alive cause you like him.

Nah bro, at the rate Vader was slaughtering those rebs...I'm pretty sure he found time to head down the command pod and have a order of Calamari extra crispy. 

On 1/28/2017 at 11:11 AM, Swusn said:

Frankly the biggest logic gap I have in the canon timeline is that Imperial Class Star Destroyer and Storm Troopers aren't just showing up but have become the norm as little as 1 year after "Revenge of the Sith".

The fact that they not only designed but mass produced Star Destroyers in less than a year is mind boggling. And that they trained up a whole stormtrooper corps in less than a year is doable but still very impressive.

But at the end of a day its a franchise about space wizards so i'll get over it.

As far as training all the stormtroopers in less than a year, they clearly skipped firearms training to make it happen.

15 hours ago, Gottmituns205 said:

Nah bro, at the rate Vader was slaughtering those rebs...I'm pretty sure he found time to head down the command pod and have a order of Calamari extra crispy. 

Hahaha. 

Star Wars ships have always shown an ability to be produced ludicrously quickly.

Think of how the Republic went from having essentially no military to having an unlimited number of Venator cruisers between AoTC and Clone Wars.  In the first few episodes of Clone Wars, Anakin and his fellow "generals" lose multiple cruisers only to keep receiving a new fleet each episode.

As for stormtroopers showing up over night, isn't it possible that they just ordered new armor for existing troops?

ok.  I've had enough.  the stormtrooper corps was not trained up in one year.  Swusn has horrific logic and evidence regarding this period of time.  I've shown this before.  In catalyst, a scene which takes place between 5-7 years after the empire is founded, fixes the logic gap.  when tarkin is fighting the smuglers over the salient system he talks to mas ameda.  they discuss using newly trained stormtrooper cadets.  they had not yet been tested in the field.  that means that for at least 5 years, the corps is all fett clone.  jscott991 is correct about the armor change which took place between 2-5 years after rots.  ISD's were first made in 19bby so they could be seen in the hands of important people like tarkin.  I dont mean to snap on people here but all one needs to do is look to the cannon for answers.  I hope this clarifies any questions about the clones and this period.

The stormtrooper corps may have been organized a year after RoTS but that doesn't mean the ranks were'nt wearing Phase II Clone Trooper armor for longer. 

Besides when is the scene on the Imperial Venator's Bridge at the end of RoTS set anyways? I always assumed a year or two after the Rise of the Empire. 

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

The stormtrooper corps may have been organized a year after RoTS but that doesn't mean the ranks were'nt wearing Phase II Clone Trooper armor for longer. 

Besides when is the scene on the Imperial Venator's Bridge at the end of RoTS set anyways? I always assumed a year or two after the Rise of the Empire. 

very true on both points. while they were redesignated stormtroopers, the clones continued to wear phase II for around 3 years.  The scene from rots is actually in catalyst.  not sure about the date specifically, but it is close to a year.  finally, somebody who gets it.

On 4. 11. 2016 at 0:01 PM, chr335 said:

Venatnor star destroyers the empire needs another large base ship

NO NOT THE JAR JAR SDs, NOT THE JAR JAR SDs! AHGARBULAGAHGHAB! THE "EYES"! THEY HAVE THE EYES! 

All right. I'm done now. Move along.

I don't know if the empire needs another large ship. It would have to do something fun or be cheap otherwise why would you not wanna have an ISD on the table? Those things are cool.

Edited by Polda

For those who are not fond of the Venator but still desire a large battlecarrier, might i suggest the Secutor-class Star Destroyer?

1) Is it big?  Oh yeah, at 2,200 meters it's ever larger than an Imperial

2) Does it have that iconic "flying wedge" shape?  Yeppers

3) Does it carry lots of fighters? Sure enough it carries 144 fighters, or double the fighter capacity of an Imperial

4) Is it canon?  Last i checked it was.

Don't say i don't do nothing for you Imperial players :P

7 hours ago, Polda said:

NO NOT THE JAR JAR SDs, NOT THE JAR JAR SDs! AHGARBULAGAHGHAB! THE "EYES"! THEY HAVE THE EYES! 

All right. I'm done now. Move along.

I don't know if the empire needs another large ship. It would have to do something fun or be cheap otherwise why would you not wanna have an ISD on the table? Those things are cool.

Okay, I thought I was the only one who thought the Venators looked like Star Destroyers with jar jar eyes.

Glad to see I'm not alone.

On 1/28/2017 at 10:11 PM, Drasnighta said:

If Star Wars is a Religion, Pablo Hidalgo is your Lord and Saviour.

He is the Keeper of the Holocron, the one from which all Star Wars Lore Flows, and must one day Return.

If your going for the religion metaphor I'd say George Lucas is Space god, Dave Filloni is space Jesus and Pablo Hidalgo is the Space Pope.

1 hour ago, Swusn said:

If your going for the religion metaphor I'd say George Lucas is Space god, Dave Filloni is space Jesus and Pablo Hidalgo is the Space Pope.

I went for a "Religion" Metaphor, which was slightly wider than "Catholic".

Granted, not much. 

But a little.

48 minutes ago, Lobokai said:

Secutor is about as canon right now as a World Devastator

Newcanon Tarkin novel mentioned it (It also mentioned the Victory-class).

On 03/02/2017 at 1:37 AM, Forresto said:

The stories that show modern Stormtrooper armour around a year after ROTS were the illustrated Adventures In Hyperspace series  - Ezra is a baby in that (he was born on Empire Day) - yet the illustrations look like modern stormtroopers. TIEs were also shown.

Edited by Ironlord