Crabbok

Wave 6 prediction thread

2 hours ago, Chuntsinger said:

False.  Since darth Mikey's take over, star wars is being treated like a seamless universe.  I.E. Rebels and rogue one serving as transitionary pieces.  That is why we can get the Arquitens, because of disney's take over.  It might not seem logical, there might be some logistical issues, and there are probably gaps in the story, but that's life.  and what is star wars but life in a galaxy far, far away?

Frankly the biggest logic gap I have in the canon timeline is that Imperial Class Star Destroyer and Storm Troopers aren't just showing up but have become the norm as little as 1 year after "Revenge of the Sith".

The fact that they not only designed but mass produced Star Destroyers in less than a year is mind boggling. And that they trained up a whole stormtrooper corps in less than a year is doable but still very impressive.

But at the end of a day its a franchise about space wizards so i'll get over it.

21 minutes ago, Swusn said:

Frankly the biggest logic gap I have in the canon timeline is that Imperial Class Star Destroyer and Storm Troopers aren't just showing up but have become the norm as little as 1 year after "Revenge of the Sith".

The fact that they not only designed but mass produced Star Destroyers in less than a year is mind boggling. And that they trained up a whole stormtrooper corps in less than a year is doable but still very impressive.

But at the end of a day its a franchise about space wizards so i'll get over it.

Then make sure to read "Tarkin", it takes place 5 years after RotS, and gives a nice feel of an Imperial Navy in transition of equipment. Venators, V-wings, & ARC-170s serving alongside VSDs, ISDs, & TIE fighters. The last of the Clone troopers leading Stormtroopers. Plus all the EU ships it recanonises.

Edited by cynanbloodbane

It was made clear in the old EU that Venators, as well as V-Wings and ARCs were used for several years after the Empire took power. This has been reinforced by "Tarkin". Also, while old fighters were retired fairly quickly, that's not always realistic with capital ships. I think Venators would've been used for a long time, in backwater regions of the Empire, on duties where more advanced ships aren't necessary, and as training ships.

Edit: spelling 

Edited by Darth Tam

Agreed. A year? SW new canon has no concept of the passage of time and its very frustrating. 

Why did the Empire have to be beaten a year after Endor? Why not set Jakku three years after Endor which is accelerated from the old canon but still plausible for the downfall of a galactic wide inperium? I get they're still around and simply a militarly neutered state but thats still bizarre after just a year.

Its not a real world problem so im not that upset but to me its instances of a poor understanding of history. The decline of Empires takes time. The idea of eras and history is part of what I love about Star Wars and i hate it when writers try to rush things needlessly.

Edit: Perhaps ISDs and VSDs began to be designed at the begining of the Clone Wars?

Edited by Forresto

26 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Then make sure to read "Tarkin", it takes place 5 years after RotS, and gives a nice feel of an Imperial Navy in transition of equipment. Venators, V-wings, & ARC-170s serving alongside VSDs, ISDs, & TIE fighters. The last of the Clone troopers leading Stormtroopers. Plus all the EU ships it recanonises.

I did and I liked it a lot. It's easily my favorite book in canon. Catalyst also dealt with the transition nicely and mentioned the same. What threw the wrench in the thought process was the Ahsoka novel. She is on some back water world 1 year after RotS and an ISD shows up with TIE fighters and storm troopers and it is handled just like a normal event that happens everywhere. No mention of the new design or of it being one of the first ones of the line. The fact that it is showing up on a backwater agricultural world to subjugate a small farming town leads you to believe that there are so many of them at this time that they aren't just being reserved for important duty or subjugating large worlds but for every tiny thing in the empire.

Granted that is such a dumb nitpicky thing but I think an Acclamator or VSD would have been much better for that sort of duty. But that's the difference between an author like James Luceno or Timothy Zahn who know this universe inside and out and include details like that and E.K Johnston who primarily writes outside of the universe and is probably working from a small library of knowledge.

Edited by Swusn

My prediction:
MC-75 cruiser (and I hope they build it so the command spire is strong and doesn't snap off easily):
latest?cb=20161221070007

Hammerhead Corvette:
star-wars-hammerhead-corvette.png?itok=l

Imperial Strike-class cruiser:
latest?cb=20110512191743

Lancer-class frigate:
latest?cb=20150329205752

Edited by Kodiak3d

Something to think about:

The cancellor (eventually emperor) is planning the take over from day one. He very well may have had plans for the new starships and fighter and more well before the end of ROTS. In secret with a few high ranking personnel. This would make a fast naval refit and such easier. But that's just a theory.

34 minutes ago, Swusn said:

I did and I liked it a lot. It's easily my favorite book in canon. Catalyst also dealt with the transition nicely and mentioned the same. What threw the wrench in the thought process was the Ahsoka novel. She is on some back water world 1 year after RotS and an ISD shows up with TIE fighters and storm troopers and it is handled just like a normal event that happens everywhere. No mention of the new design or of it being one of the first ones of the line. The fact that it is showing up on a backwater agricultural world to subjugate a small farming town leads you to believe that there are so many of them at this time that they aren't just being reserved for important duty or subjugating large worlds but for every tiny thing in the empire.

Granted that is such a dumb nitpicky thing but I think an Acclamator or VSD would have been much better for that sort of duty. But that's the difference between an author like James Luceno or Timothy Zahn who know this universe inside and out and include details like that and E.K Johnston who primarily writes outside of the universe and is probably working from a small library of knowledge.

As for the ashoka novel. I havnt read it but if it doesn't say either way wether they are every where or not, I would assume the later. I would assume that that ISD was in near so it was asgined to the mission. Again have not read it so if I'm way off on my assumptions ignored my ignorance. I want to read these books now though.

I never realized until yesterday that the corvette in Revenge was the Tantive III and not the Tantive IV. Upon further inspection there appear to be visually different ships of the same Corvette type.

Maybe that might make a good small base rebel ship if at such a time we need another.

1 hour ago, Rune Taq said:

Hum... This is interesting where did this information show up. I'm assuming one of the new novels?  Star wars wikis info on the tantive IV and III are conflicting.

I read it on Pablo Hidalgo's twitter. The great Pablo sayeth so thus it becometh.

The Tantive III is a CR-70 which interestingly had a hanger that could fit a starship. 

I know the rebels already have a ton of starships incoming buy I wouldnt mind seeing this eventually make its way into the game.

Ok, just to make things interesting, i'll predict that Rogue One content will NOT be in the next wave.  I will also predict that this wave will be a "large" wave like wave 2.  So working with this...

Rebels-Broha'tok Gunship (flotilla) and MC-40 Cruiser (medium-base)

Imperials-Strike Cruiser (medium-base) and Venator (large-base)

That's right folks; you heard it here!  Remember this day!

In all seriousness, i'll be amazed if even half of these ships get released in wave 6-Psychic i ain't :P

2 hours ago, Rune Taq said:

Who is that?

To clarify Dras' post a little bit, Pablo is a member (maybe the head?) of the Lucasfilm Story Group which is the group in charge of continuity.  Pablo probably knows more about Star Wars lore than anyone else (Leland Chee might be a possible exception).

1 minute ago, Kodiak3d said:

To clarify Dras' post a little bit, Pablo is a member (maybe the head?) of the Lucasfilm Story Group which is the group in charge of continuity.  Pablo probably knows more about Star Wars lore than anyone else (Leland Chee might be a possible exception).

Which is interesting, as Leland Chee indicated the CR70 in 'Episode III' was the 'Sundered Heart'

Good times!

Things change over time. The first source to state the ship was the Tantive III, was the newcanon version of Complete Locations, which was recently rereleased with Episode VII content and various things updated to conform with the newcanon.

19 hours ago, Forresto said:

Perhaps ISDs and VSDs began to be designed at the begining of the Clone Wars?

That was how the EU portrayed it, at least - in fact, the first ISDs had entered service shortly before the end of the Clone Wars.

Edited by Ironlord

7 hours ago, Kodiak3d said:

Thanks for the info everyone. Did not know about this guy.

A bit of a non sequitur here, but people have been mentioning that the Targeting Beacon's Objective is a little odd because it lets the first player place two of the four beacons (and then usually puts them in a corner where no one will go).

I think it's clear that this objective is simply anticipating Admiral Thrawn as the premiere Wave 6 admiral for the Imperials. His power?

"Before the first round, but after deployment, you may choose whether to be first player or second player."

Yes, I know this is ridiculous. :)

I would like to see a squadron release along the lines of the rogue and villains one, just with jedi and sith instead. Could have squadrons like the inquisitors advanced tie, starkiller's rogue shadow and perhaps even Yoda's jedi starfighter. I know we are pretty set on squadrons at the moment, but hope to see something like this at some point.

Edited by Lasseaj

For Imperials I would Like to see an allegiance class heavy star destroyer with thrawn. Make it all pew and tank with only 1 squadron skill. It's not too much bigger then an ISD so it would fill up a second choice for large base for imperials. 

For rebels the MC-75 with Admiral Raddus. He well could have escaped in an escape pod, no where does it say he died or was captured in the battle of skarif.

7 hours ago, ivanmacragge said:

For Imperials I would Like to see an allegiance class heavy star destroyer with thrawn. Make it all pew and tank with only 1 squadron skill. It's not too much bigger then an ISD so it would fill up a second choice for large base for imperials. 

For rebels the MC-75 with Admiral Raddus. He well could have escaped in an escape pod, no where does it say he died or was captured in the battle of skarif.

Pretty much what i suggested for the Tector-Class, ivan.  Guess good minds think alike :-)

10 hours ago, ivanmacragge said:

Regaurdless if raddus is dead after the battle of scarif or not. Yes a commander before and can be on a card. There are imperial commanders that die in ESB that are on cards. Grand Moff Tarkin is dead after Battle of Yavin. I don't think it's an issue if he is dead.  Maybe I'm over thinking your statment though. Maybe your just hoping he is alive cause you like him.