Sign in to follow this  
killerbeardhawk

Titles that could use an update

• Nashta Pup Pilot

Z-95.

You have the pilot skill, pilot ability, and up to 1 [EPT] and [Crew] upgrade of the friendly destroyed ship equipped with the Hound's Tooth Upgrade card.

It's not a title, but this (And a saner approach to MoV) is the way to make the Pup worth its salt; trying to shoehorn the text onto Hounds Tooth to make it worthwhile is simply trying to solve the problem in the wrong direction.

I find this an oddball solution because the Z-95 has no crew slot.

If you said the Nashtah Pup could take one crew upgrade's ability

as it's pilot ability, and the EPT, that would be interesting.

"When the ship equipped with the Hound's Tooth Upgrade card is destroyed, 

you may take as your pilot ability either its pilot ability, or the equipped <EPT>, 

or one equipped Crew upgrade's ability."

The Nashta Pup was specially modified to take an extra passenger. ...So was N'dru's, granted, but let's not get carried away here. ;)

It seems appropriate for the special-Z95-that-isn't to be able to boast an ususual upgrade accordingly, and (crucially) means that there is more than one pilot that benefits from the 'take upgrades with you' ability.

You're talking about adding a crew upgrade slot to the Nashtah Pup

Scum Crew Members

Outlaw Tech

Bossk

Greedo

Boba Fett (Crew)

IG-88D (Crew)

"Gonk" (Crew)

Zuckuss (Crew)

Unkar Plutt (Crew)

Ketsu Onyo (Crew)

4-LOM (Crew)

Latts Razzi (Crew)

K4 Security Droid

Dengar (Crew)

Fluff-wise I think it's great, but game mechanics-wise, I think your pushing it way over 6 points.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

30196161634_0fce4ea3a8.jpg

Changing the price printed on a card is something they simply won't do. Nor am I sure you'd get 6- or 7! points of value out of even something as good as accuracy corrector on the Crow.

30526421440_f539d5238b.jpg

This actually has a lot of promise!

I think I'd keep the point cost at 1, get rid of both the unique status and the PS restriction. I also like the way it can benefit either low PS ships by letting them boost in close, or high PS ships by letting them BR out of the way.

I might change it to "acquire a (target lock)" to allow some shenanigans with FCS.

30526839210_c73ee155b5.jpg

And this, I'm sorry. I think this is a tiny bit OP.  You're basically giving Soontir Fel a focus and evade token every round, _plus_ letting him BR, and maybe getting another focus or evade token. Or boosting. 

30526839210_c73ee155b5.jpg

And this, I'm sorry. I think this is a tiny bit OP.  You're basically giving Soontir Fel a focus and evade token every round, _plus_ letting him BR, and maybe getting another focus or evade token. Or boosting.

Yes I figured it was too much, but since we have red Defenders now, I was thinking this too should be possible...

On the other hand a Royal Guard TIE Punisher has boost not barrel roll.

30652330602_e804c17e8e.jpg

30196161634_0fce4ea3a8.jpg

Changing the price printed on a card is something they simply won't do.

Nor am I sure you'd get 6- or 7! points of value out of even something as good as accuracy corrector on the Crow.

You're right I should let the cost of the upgrades balance it out,

but I was actually thinking of the Cloaking Device and Sensor Jammer combo myself.

That Royal Guard TIE mod is simply horrifying. What, Carnor and Soontir weren't good enough for you yet? :P If we must touch that card (And I note, it is a very good card), we should be helping the bottom-feeders by handing out an EPT, not boosting some of the most powerful token-stacking aces in the game by handing them yet more tokens.

Actually I was looking at lower PS interceptor pilots when I wrote that, the ones from Imperial Aces.

Honestly I've never liked the idea of giving lower PS pilots EPTs.

How many PS5+ Interceptors are missing them anyway?

"Fel's Wrath"

Lieutenant Lorrir

Kir Kanos

I'd prefer that Virago if the effect was exactly backwards - perform a Boost or Barrel Roll, get a free Target Lock. It's a decent way to boost their firepower while emphasizing mobility, while emphasizing the mobility - the Virago was noted to be almost organic in the way it could dance through the void. I still prefer the idea of simply handing them a reroll (applying conditions as appropriate), because it helps the relatively-low PSes present be able to capitalize on whatever shots are possible at the time, but... if you must go the bonus-actions route, might as well do it that way.

If you want to boost or barrel roll into range of a target lock then your way works better,

but if you are in target lock range and want to boost or barrel roll in to use the target lock...

But my thought process started with the native Torpedo slot, which may be wrong,

if Virago adds a System and Illicit slot perhaps I should look at synergies with them.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Dauntless errata'd to 0 pts would be cool.

It already costs a stress to use! It also adds immensely to the theme of the ship, but is just never useful to bring over any other 2 pt upgrade. Just make it zero and so it can be played already!!

Dauntless errata'd to 0 pts would be cool.

It already costs a stress to use! It also adds immensely to the theme of the ship, but is just never useful to bring over any other 2 pt upgrade. Just make it zero and so it can be played already!!

How likely is it that they'll start changing Pilot and Upgrade costs?

I don't know but perhaps I shouldn't have, because it's really a whole different can of worms.