Sign in to follow this  
killerbeardhawk

Titles that could use an update

By all means, this one:

hounds-tooth.png

You may deploy the Nashtah Pub any time

OR

The Nashtah Pub gets the same ability like the YV-666 pilot (Bossk or Latts in this case)

If the Pup is deployed, then Bossk is off the YV-666 so it just sits on the play-mat unused the rest of the game? ...or am I missing a logic step?

By all means, this one:

hounds-tooth.png

You may deploy the Nashtah Pub any time

OR

The Nashtah Pub gets the same ability like the YV-666 pilot (Bossk or Latts in this case)

If the Pup is deployed, then Bossk is off the YV-666 so it just sits on the play-mat unused the rest of the game? ...or am I missing a logic step?

No you're right it's nonsense. He hasn't read the card or the Reference Card that explains how and when it works.  And it's not actually an addition to the title as the OP is looking for (It's not a title that needs any updating), it's a big rewrite of the card that makes no sense as you've pointed out. 

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Andrasta- "Your upgrade bar gains two additional <bomb> upgrade icons. Place an ordnance token on up to 2 equipped bomb upgrades.

I am pretty sure the ordnance tokens wouldn't do anything RAW, because it is the text on Extra Munitions that lets you discard ordnance tokens instead of the cards.

You could add the text "When you are instructed to discard an Upgrade card, you may discard 1 ordnance token on that card instead." to the title and then it would work. I don't know if it would all fit on the card, but it would work.

Andrasta- "Your upgrade bar gains two additional <bomb> upgrade icons. Place an ordnance token on up to 2 equipped bomb upgrades.

I am pretty sure the ordnance tokens wouldn't do anything RAW, because it is the text on Extra Munitions that lets you discard ordnance tokens instead of the cards.

You could add the text "When you are instructed to discard an Upgrade card, you may discard 1 ordnance token on that card instead." to the title and then it would work. I don't know if it would all fit on the card, but it would work.

30692714561_c95ffccbe8_z.jpg

30139819563_a905af4381.jpg

Well, I guess it would all fit then.

How about for andrasta have all equipped bombs cost half their points rounded up.

You could have a Swiss army collection of bombs for 5 points if you take a seismic, proximity, and conner.

For slave 1 you also add the system slot. Any equipped system upgrade costs half it's points rounded up.

How about for andrasta have all equipped bombs cost half their points rounded up.

You could have a Swiss army collection of bombs for 5 points if you take a seismic, proximity, and conner.

For slave 1 you also add the system slot. Any equipped system upgrade costs half it's points rounded up.

Why are people set on Slave 1 having a system slot? where's that coming from?

Is the Firespray-31 so below meta now?

idk about the systems slot "fix"specifically (seems a little dry, but, if we are basing it off the Scyk errata, it's plausible), but ya, the Firespray is pretty fairly below the power curve by most accounts.

30139819563_a905af4381.jpg

As written you could take two seismics and a proton and use all ordnance tokens on protons and you can't spend the actual bombs.

idk about the systems slot "fix"specifically (seems a little dry, but, if we are basing it off the Scyk errata, it's plausible), but ya, the Firespray is pretty fairly below the power curve by most accounts.

I'll wait for Theorist to finish his investigation.

d77c91c5dd07a86bb8adea610460a1d8.jpg

Top of Slave 1 had a sensor jammer...figured it would work fluff wise and would also make Slave 1 more worthwhile than just adding a torpedo slot.

Edited by RStan

Then, going by that same diagram, you could also argue for a tractor beam, which would make sense for a bounty hunter.

Firespray already has a cannon slot anyway.

Yes, I know, "The diagram shows him having Ion cannon and Tractor Beam, why don't you just add two cannon slots while you're at it?"

I'm adding in a sensor slot for the fact that there was a space for a sensor upgrade in the Slave 1 when modified by Boba Fett. I'm not all about fluff, but when you can combine fluff to actual gameplay and potentially create something better, I'm all for it. Currently the only reason to take Slave 1 as a title MOST of the time is for Extra Munitions or to allow for LRS as a mod. I'd like to think Slave 1 is better than that. 

Edited by RStan

30692714561_c95ffccbe8_z.jpg

As written you could take two seismics and a proton and use all ordnance tokens on protons and you can't spend the actual bombs.

I used clipped language because I don't like shrinking the text too much, but first replacing instead of works. I'm deleting the old one. 

Remove 'this card for'

Then you can add 'instead' following 'first'.

Your upgrade bar gains 2 additional bomb upgrade icons.

Place 1 ordnance token on each equipped bomb upgrade card.

When you are instructed to discard an Upgrade card, discard 1 ordnance token on that card instead

Remove 'this card for'

Then you can add 'instead' following 'first'.

Your upgrade bar gains 2 additional bomb upgrade icons.

Place 1 ordnance token on each equipped bomb upgrade card.

When you are instructed to discard an Upgrade card, discard 1 ordnance token on that card instead

okay but putting the tokens on the title was deliberate,

it's a pool that you can use for any equipped bomb type that way. 

I'll be real, the Crow could totally use a higher attack value on its main gun and the illicit slot.

I won't say the Crow was ever a bird with a lot of diverse tricks up her sleeve but boooooy was she heavily modified.

Funny you should say that, I made this card three months ago.

You think it would all fit on one card?

30536748815_37aa616663.jpg

I'll be real, the Crow could totally use a higher attack value on its main gun and the illicit slot.

I won't say the Crow was ever a bird with a lot of diverse tricks up her sleeve but boooooy was she heavily modified.

Funny you should say that, I made this card three months ago.

You think it would all fit on one card?

30536748815_37aa616663.jpg

Then you could equip accuracy corrector and cancel your one die primary for two hits for the lulz!

THIS!!! The decision to write the rules this way is absolutely strange, and I've been scratching my head over it for a while. Good news?

They could easily write a rules card with the following text (taken directly from the Extra Munitions card):

Ordnance Token

When you are instructed to discard an Upgrade card, you may discard 1 ordnance token on that card instead.

That would let them do things like place ordnance tokens on EPTs or other expendables.

In fact... A Virago-only Torpedo slot upgrade that let you put 2 ordnance tokens on an EPT, letting the named pilots have multiple uses of, say, Crack Shot, Cool Hand, or Adrenaline Rush.

I don't think that's quite right. It's cheaper to get a rebel operative TLT, and people don't take it. Why?

I think the HWK is simply too fragile, with a dial that's not really good enough to joust. Giving it the same attack value as a Y-Wing or Z-95 won't change that.

Instead, let's try and figure out a way to mitigate incoming damage. That way it can do it's job as a support without dying so fast that it doesn't earn back its points.