Sign in to follow this  
killerbeardhawk

Titles that could use an update

ST-321

Text probably fine as-is, but cost needs to be at most 1 point.  (Still not sure anyone would bother taking it - 0 pts makes more sense, given bombers already flying around with 0-point LRS, but I dislike 0 pt upgrades for being "auto includes"...)

EDIT: Or maybe leave it priced as-is, but modify the text to have it give you a 3 point discount on a "Weapons Engineer"?

A free shuttle title is a buff to vessery builds that really don't need the help. Now, after palp is brought in line, maybe

With the extra hull on the M1a, I propose an extra line added to Moldy Crow: Increase your attack value by 2.

As an alternative is could read: you may fire your primary weapon outside of your firing arc.

Thoughts on these moldy crow changes? What other Titles or upgrade could use an extra benefit to become playable?

Most titles are somewhat based on lore. So unless Moldy Crow (Kyle Katarn's ship) had improved weapons, or a turret or something, i don't think changing the title makes a lot of sense, lore wise. I did a quick check and there isn't any word of improved weapons. So, I think that while it would be nice to see a buff to it, the buff would probably have to improve the HWK's support capabilities. That would represent a special system or something like that on the ship.

Yeah, if anything, the HWK should have had a primary weapon value of ZERO, with an appropriate reduction in points value and an expectation that a turret would be fitted.  It would also have been interesting with a title that changed 'turret' to 'cannon' as a secondary weapon.  That or just give it an Attack 2 PWT.

TIE Interceptor title. Generics need love. A free title that equips an autothruste would be appreciated.

I think the original topic is about small FAQ-level changes to current titles. However, your suggestion is something I've given a bit of thought to.So how about this?Dt46QMt.png?1
This is great, except the points cost. You are giving all interceptors without an EPT slot PtL, so it should cost something. The "opportunity cost" of not getting royal guard TIE isn't even that bad since only 3 pilots would have to choose (actually only 2 since Fel's Wrath would still never be played).

I'm not saying the full 3 points, but at least 2 is fair.

25 points for PTL and Autothrusters at PS5? Fel's Wrath might see play!

Slave 1

Your upgrade bar gains [torpedo]

You can perform secondary weapon attacks in your auxiliary firing arc.

Done.

Might restrict it to torpedo only, but still.

With chimps and tail gunner that could end up very nasty.

This is perfect! Great idea Dagonet!!

Slave 1 Alt:

This ship gains [system]. When defending against a ship in your firing arc, add 1[Evade]

Mod:

Swivel Turret

[Firespray-31 only]

You may attack ships in your Aux firing arc with [Cannon] weapons.

Lambda title definitely needs a point reduction to 1 or 2. At 3 its almost never worth it especially considering the named pilots are already overcosted.

The Pup does have the same pilot ability as the mothership. Or am I misunderstanding?

No it hasn't. Just a plain Z95
Are you talking EPT? It definitely has the pilot ability. Read the actual Pup card.

Sorry, you are absolutely right. Did FFG change it or am I getting old?

I like the idea of adding "You may equip upgrade cards that read Small Ship Only" to either of the Firespray titles. And on the other, add "You may perform secondary weapon attacks out of your auxiliary arc"

One would be better for pure offense, the other would be more fun to actually fly. A Firespray with Vectored Thrusts or Juke would be really fun. 

Edited by Underachiever599

ST-321

Or maybe leave it priced as-is, but modify the text to have it give you a 3 point discount on a "Weapons Engineer"?

A free shuttle title is a buff to vessery builds that really don't need the help. Now, after palp is brought in line, maybe

If you make it fully discount a Weapons Engineer, then it effectively becomes a 0-point upgrade that also excludes Palpatine.  He takes up two seats, after all - if you've got a WE on the ship, then you don't have ol' sparky.

This is a pretty fun exercise. Taking in to account some of the ideas here, as well as some of my own, here is what I put together.

Slave 1- "Your upgrade bar gains the <torpedo> upgrade icon. When attacking with a <torpedo> or <missile>, roll one additional attack die."

Andrasta- "Your upgrade bar gains two additional <bomb> upgrade icons. Place an ordnance token on up to 2 equipped bomb upgrades.

A-wing Test Pilot- "Your upgrade bar has 2 <elite> upgrade icons total when equipped with this title.

You cannot equip 2 of the same Upgrade cards. You cannot equip this if your pilot skill value is "1" or lower."

B-wing/E2 - Now a title. 0 points.

Moldy Crow-  "During the End phase, do not remove unused focus tokens from your ship. Your action bar gains the <coordinate> action icon."

Millennium Falcon (original)- "Your action bar gains the <evade> action icon. If your pilot skill is "1" or lower, this titles squad point cost is -4 instead of 1." (not really how I would prefer to approach it, but since we are using only titles, figured I'd get in my ORS fix some way :P)

Outrider  squad cost now reads "_" (as the Phantom title does)- "While you have a <cannon> Upgrade card equipped, you cannot perform primary weapon attacks and you may perform <cannon> secondary weapon attacks against ships outside your firing arc. This upgrades squad point cost is equal to the squad point cost of an equipped <cannon>."

ST-321- "When acquiring a target lock, you may lock onto any enemy ship in the play area. You may perform the <target lock> action while stressed." (props to killerbeardhawk for this one)

Tie/x1 - "Your upgrade bar gains the <systems> upgrade icon. If you equip a <systems> upgrade, its squad point cost is reduced by 4 (to a minimum of -1)." (and props to Punning Pundit for this one)

Royal Guard Tie- "You may equip up to 2 different Modification upgrades (instead of 1). If your pilot skill is "7" or lower, reduce the squad point cost of each of your modifications by 1 (to a minimum of 0)." (kind of similar to the change All Shields Forward is looking for in this title.)

Hounds Tooth- When you receive enough damage to be destroyed, you may immediately perform an attack against a ship within your firing arc. Then, before you are removed from the play area, you may deploy the Nashtah Pup ship.

It cannot attack this round.

Some of them I'm still iffy on, but some I really like.

Virago

as before, but Sensor and Illicit upgrades each got 3 point discount.

The StarViper needs help, but I'm not sure it needs 6 points of help.

I wish we could put extra munitions tokens on illicit upgrades. Virago could have 2 uses of Glitterstim, or inertial dampeners, or Stealth Device.

Kdubb, you should win a prize for that list. It is beautiful. Now just send it in a really nice package to FFG. I particularly like the Slave-1 title. Two 5 dice homing missiles for 7 points is pretty legit.

I think the Y wing could do with a new title as well. Swapping the astromech for a crew would be awesome! You could take Sabine, and 4 bombs! 

I hope the Armada campaign, the Correlian Conflict is setting a precedence for X Wing. It is a purely paper expansion, and it adds in several new aces and unique generics for ships. If that came out in X Wing I would be ecstatic. Imagine getting all of these ships fixed in one Fel's (wrath) swoop. It would be a thing of beauty.

Moldy Crow-  "During the End phase, do not remove unused focus tokens from your ship. Your action bar gains the <coordinate> action icon."

Seems like a waste to me as they could just use Squad Leader to the same effect. 

• Moldy Crow-  "During the End phase, do not remove unused focus tokens from your ship. 

Your action bar gains the <Cloak> action icon."

• Moldy Crow-  "During the End phase, do not remove unused focus tokens from your ship. 

Your action bar gains an <EPT> icon."

Edited by gabe69velasquez