Sign in to follow this  
killerbeardhawk

Titles that could use an update

With the extra hull on the M1a, I propose an extra line added to Moldy Crow: Increase your attack value by 2.

As an alternative is could read: you may fire your primary weapon outside of your firing arc.

Thoughts on these moldy crow changes? What other Titles or upgrade could use an extra benefit to become playable?

Slave 1 Title Card. Gives Sensor and Torpedo slot. 

OR

Slave 1 Dual Title Card  (similar to Falcon sloop title). Allows you to change a 1 bank to a 1 turn and receive a stress token then flip it over after doing so. Other side allows you to change a 3 turn to a 3 talon and receive a stress token then flip it over after doing so. 

Haven't really thought about how "balanced" either would be in detail, but the Slave 1 title needs a serious update. 

Edited by RStan

With the extra hull on the M1a, I propose an extra line added to Moldy Crow: Increase your attack value by 2.

As an alternative is could read: you may fire your primary weapon outside of your firing arc.

Thoughts on these moldy crow changes? What other Titles or upgrade could use an extra benefit to become playable?

Most titles are somewhat based on lore. So unless Moldy Crow (Kyle Katarn's ship) had improved weapons, or a turret or something, i don't think changing the title makes a lot of sense, lore wise. I did a quick check and there isn't any word of improved weapons. So, I think that while it would be nice to see a buff to it, the buff would probably have to improve the HWK's support capabilities. That would represent a special system or something like that on the ship.

Slave 1

Your upgrade bar gains [torpedo]

You can perform secondary weapon attacks in your auxiliary firing arc.

Done.

Might restrict it to torpedo only, but still.

With chimps and tail gunner that could end up very nasty.

I like it! I would limit it to just torpedoes and missiles, cannons would be strong and makes Kath's (scum) ability less powerful.

Moldy Crow

[3 points, focus tokens stay] 

Add an [illicit] to your upgrade bar.

you may equip large ship upgrades.

double illicit on scum hwks? I would like that. Large ship upgrades might be too strong with that combination. Two rigged cargo shots?

I like the large ship upgrades as the HWK is a larger ship. But maybe add an "if you do not already have one" to the illicit.

Most titles are somewhat based on lore. So unless Moldy Crow (Kyle Katarn's ship) had improved weapons, or a turret or something, i don't think changing the title makes a lot of sense, lore wise. I did a quick check and there isn't any word of improved weapons. So, I think that while it would be nice to see a buff to it, the buff would probably have to improve the HWK's support capabilities. That would represent a special system or something like that on the ship.

Normal Hwk are civilian transports. The Moldy Crow was special because Kyle put an "oversized" blaster turret on it. Lore wise a more appropriate title could be:

Reduce the cost of Blaster turret upgrade by 3 points.

Blasters will always suck in my opinion. I wanted the primary to not bring a turret or 360 1 dice to cover ranges that turrets can't cover. Tlt range 1, dorsal range 3, auto range 1 and 2

ST-321

Text probably fine as-is, but cost needs to be at most 1 point.  (Still not sure anyone would bother taking it - 0 pts makes more sense, given bombers already flying around with 0-point LRS, but I dislike 0 pt upgrades for being "auto includes"...)

EDIT: Or maybe leave it priced as-is, but modify the text to have it give you a 3 point discount on a "Weapons Engineer"?

Edited by xanderf

ST-321

Text probably fine as-is, but cost needs to be at most 1 point.  (Still not sure anyone would bother taking it - 0 pts makes more sense, given bombers already flying around with 0-point LRS, but I dislike 0 pt upgrades for being "auto includes"...)

EDIT: Or maybe leave it priced as-is, but modify the text to have it give you a 3 point discount on a "Weapons Engineer"?

Could add in: Can perform the target lock action while stressed.

I think that would be a huge buff for the title without becoming an auto include.

TIE Interceptor title. Generics need love. A free title that equips an autothruste would be appreciated.

I'm not looking for new titles but updates to existing cards.

You asked what titles need upgrades. The TIE Interceptor title one is one that needs updating. But if we're being strict fine:

Royal Guard Tie

TIE INTERCEPTOR ONLY. TITLE.

You may equip an autothruster modification card ignoring it's squadron point value.

If your pilot skill value is "5" or higher, you may equip an additional, different modification card paying the listed squadron points on it.

TIE Interceptor title. Generics need love. A free title that equips an autothruste would be appreciated.

I think the original topic is about small FAQ-level changes to current titles. However, your suggestion is something I've given a bit of thought to.

So how about this?

Dt46QMt.png?1

Edited by Punning Pundit

Update for the X1:

TIE/x1

Your upgrade bar gains the (sensor) upgrade icon.

If you equip a (sensor) upgrade, its squad point cost is reduced by 4 (to a minimum of -1).

If I've done this right, you'd be able to equip an Accuracy Corrector on a Tempest Squadron pilot, and have the total cost be 20 points. This, to me, makes the ship _very_ interesting.

ST-321 should be 0 or 1 point.   Probably 1.  Palpshuttle is a good thing still.  But that would be a nice 1 point optional upgrade. 

Slave 1 agreed, you may fire secondary weapons from your rear arc.  Including snap shot!  whoo. 

Honestly Andrasta should do the same thing.  

Tie Int probably needs a new title.  

Regulation Refit:  0pts.  You may only equip this card if you are PS 1 through 4.  You may equip a modification upgrade for free.  

--

Edit, though ST321 honestly shouldn't buff Plapshuttle anymore.  Palp aces IS GOOD.  But I think 1point is technically the right value for that card.  

Edited by Blail Blerg

I think the original topic is about small FAQ-level changes to current titles. However, your suggestion is something I've given a bit of thought to.So how about this?Dt46QMt.png?1

This is great, except the points cost. You are giving all interceptors without an EPT slot PtL, so it should cost something. The "opportunity cost" of not getting royal guard TIE isn't even that bad since only 3 pilots would have to choose (actually only 2 since Fel's Wrath would still never be played).

I'm not saying the full 3 points, but at least 2 is fair.

In the Lore, Jan replaced the Light Lasercannon in the Turret with a Heavy Blaster. Latter it was fitted with 4 Lasercannons in the prow. Jan's Mods also upgraded the sensor array, Shielding and Engines. The Crow should fly rather like a modern VTOL or helicopter.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Moldy_Crow

http://pre02.deviantart.net/886f/th/pre/i/2012/046/d/d/the_incredible_cross_sections_moldy_crow_by_millenniumfalsehood-d4k1has.png

I think the original topic is about small FAQ-level changes to current titles. However, your suggestion is something I've given a bit of thought to.So how about this?Dt46QMt.png?1
This is great, except the points cost. You are giving all interceptors without an EPT slot PtL, so it should cost something. The "opportunity cost" of not getting royal guard TIE isn't even that bad since only 3 pilots would have to choose (actually only 2 since Fel's Wrath would still never be played).

I'm not saying the full 3 points, but at least 2 is fair.

It's giving all interceptors ptl for free thereby opening up the ept slot for something else. Do you want to see Fel with ptl and juke?

Whoops, did not see the ept limiter there.

Interceptor laser barrage

[insert cluster missile text]. You may not attack next round.

Would drastically change the way they fly.

Edited by Dagonet