Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

Cosplay for Armada?

Okay so i'm curious, has anyone played Armada dressed in costume SW or not?

I don't own any SW costumes but my dad used to reenact and since we're the same build I can wear some of his uniforms. So i've played a few matches dressed as a napoleonic era royal navy officer of course while playing as the Imperials. 

I have a Rebel pilot costume I've worn for a couple of different Star Wars occasions, and Halloween. It's a rather warm outfit, so it's only worn in the winter. I'd wear it for playing X-Wing, but I'd just feel silly wearing it for Armada. :P

Someone lent me an imperial officer hat way back at release. I was planning on wearing my Jedi costume tomorrow, but I don't think gimpy Jedi exist. They're either running around swinging lightsabers....or dead. :/

The Armada Regionals at Patriot Games in Sheffield in the summer had secondary prizes for sportsmanship, best Screed player, best Rieekan etc. 

They also had a prize for best costume bit nobody turned up in one. 

Someone lent me an imperial officer hat way back at release. I was planning on wearing my Jedi costume tomorrow, but I don't think gimpy Jedi exist. They're either running around swinging lightsabers....or dead. :/

i dunno, Yoda was kinda gimpy in Empire.

Yes!

Yes I have!

Okay, so it's not an Imperial uniform, proper, but it's a black military jacket, with several apropos patches and all my X-Wing (4) and Armada (6) tournament kit medals hung on one side. I'm working on soldering pin clips to my challenge coins, which I am pinning onto the shoulders.

I wore it to Halloween.... and was forced to dance it in at a local live showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Transylvanians are now enlisting into the Empire.

I have seen an Imperial player play in the costume of an imperial navy officer. 

Right down to the hat and a laser line pointer disguised as a code cylinder. 

Nerd.

Laser line pointer disguised as a code cylinder...   Brilliant!

I'm going to have to find one that looks more like a code cylinder than my cheapo Harbor Freight line laser.

I am a member of the 501st Legion, and one of my costumes is Fleet Admiral. And yes I played a local tourney in it. And won it. Had one player say how cool it was to be beaten by an actual Imperial Admiral, hehe.

The uniform is awesome!

I've found that the more fully I embrace the Empire - by wearing it on (and as) my sleeve, having a Darth Vader statue, and the more I quote Imperial characters - the more the dice favor me.

It must be the Dark Side.

I too have an Imperial admiral's uniform that's 501st-approved. Haven't worn it to play Armada just yet, but it's definitely in the works. The main issue is the complete lack of pockets, which is maddening.

14711097_10100122722819697_8773810527153

Here's me and some buddies rocking our Star Wars costumes for Halloween. Han Solo and Obi-wan play Armada with me and I'm married to Mon Mothma :P

I'd say easily half of the tournament goers I see play in some kind of Star Wars themed t-shirt. But that's nothing special. I'd wear an Imperial cap if I had one, though I probably wouldn't get one just for rolling dice in.

I too have an Imperial admiral's uniform that's 501st-approved. Haven't worn it to play Armada just yet, but it's definitely in the works. The main issue is the complete lack of pockets, which is maddening.

14711097_10100122722819697_8773810527153

Here's me and some buddies rocking our Star Wars costumes for Halloween. Han Solo and Obi-wan play Armada with me and I'm married to Mon Mothma :P

Yeah, I have found the lack of pockets distracting, lol.

My other uniform is a Royal Guard....I aint playing in that.

I am a member of the 501st Legion, and one of my costumes is Fleet Admiral. And yes I played a local tourney in it. And won it. Had one player say how cool it was to be beaten by an actual Imperial Admiral, hehe.

I've wondered, how do you get the costumes for the 501 legion? Do you buy it from them when you join? Do you have to get it third party?

Huh, I'm not sure I'd have pictures ya as the 501st type Darth Lupine.  Tis cool and looks great.  Well done though to all who have.  

Me, I've got an Imperial cap that I wear every now and then to my gaming stuff (Armada and D&D, it makes no difference.  It's a lot less ridiculous than some of my gaming habits.) but it's... well it's the black cap for use when my trooper armour shows up.  Yeah, aspiring 501st TK here too.  I'll have to play at least one tournament in armour, if only to break in those frigging boots.  Anyway, I've seen a grey imperial cap and a few Tees around but not much. 

I've wondered, how do you get the costumes for the 501 legion? Do you buy it from them when you join? Do you have to get it third party?

Third party, but 501st has a website where they specify what is or isn't permissible and what "level" of polish your costume would need to be to different standards.