Sign in to follow this  
TitaniumChopstick

What Is the Main Forum for?

Right, that thread with 30 replies in it is the one where people here discuss Rebels and not the one with over 5000...

The one with 5000 that hasn't had any posts in a week+ and isn't anywhere near the front main page because of all the other posts that should be in other places that are keeping it down? That's the one you are referencing? 

Well, I would just like to say thank you for proving the OPs point! 

When it comes right down to it...

What posts are appropriate to this forum vs the various sub forums is up to the Moderators and to a lesser degree those of us who post here to decide.

The thread about the Cubs is clearly off topic since it has nothing to do with X-Wing or even Star Wars. But neither does a number of other threads... Should those be moved to Off Topic? Sure but if no one is reporting them to the mods to have them moved, then who cares where they are?

If someone cares enough to notify the mod's then it's up to the mods to decide if what ever it is should be moved or not. It's not like anyone has any special rights to have their thread posted to this or any other forum, it's not like anyone is really harmed by having a thread moved or not moved...

A lot of people commented about the Cub's thread belonging in Off Topic which again it did, so it got moved.

The one with 5000 that hasn't had any posts in a week+ 

Wrong.  The last post was the 30th, which according to my calendar is less than a week ago...

The last post on the Off Topic one was yesterday, but the 2nd to last one was the 19th which is over two weeks ago.  

The one with 5000 that hasn't had any posts in a week

A. As Vandor pointed out, that's not true and B. There was no episode last week, genius.

The Off-topic thread was created a month ago and has 34 posts in it. In that same month, the real Rebels thread has had over 800 posts in it...

Edited by DarthEnderX

The one with 5000 that hasn't had any posts in a week+ 

Wrong.  The last post was the 30th, which according to my calendar is less than a week ago...

The last post on the Off Topic one was yesterday, but the 2nd to last one was the 19th which is over two weeks ago.  

But, it IS able to be seen in the off topic without searching because its separated into an appropriate subforum . Apologies on the over exaggeration of a week. I honestly didn't even see that the Rebels discussion was still going except in off topic until DarthEnderX pointed it out. Which all comes back to the same point, the main forum is too congested and the subforums need to be utilized. 

But, it IS able to be seen in the off topic without searching because its separated into an appropriate subforum.

And one that gets a lot less traffic so threads like that drop off the front page a lot more slowly. The Rebels thread on the main forum will pop back to page one and stay there for several days when a new episode comes out.

Myself I don't care in the least where that thread or where most threads are... I can either find them if I want to read them or ignore them if I'm not interested in them.

I agree that the main page is overused, and the sub forums underused. 

Obviously, your earlier thread was Off Topic. But I found it odd that everyone called for it to be put into Off Topic while "

My halloween had a little bit of X-Wing in it

ROGUE ONE TRAILER

FFG, let's do a deal

Happy Halloween and a Blessed Samhain!

All are still there and should be off topic and 

New "Hobbie" Build?

The Dirty Birds! %5BRepaint%5D

Should be in the Squad Lists sub forum. Just to name some of the posts that are out of place. 

Personally, I don't really care either way. Though I would obviously rather post things in the right section just so less good posts get lost in the spam. But if you are going to enforce rules on somethings, but not others, I take a bit of umbrage.

You forgot the only Rebels TV show thread that didn't get moved to off-topic

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion thread

Moderators/Programmer are very inconsistent and bias dxxb axxxs, IMO.

The one with 5000 that hasn't had any posts in a week

A. As Vandor pointed out, that's not true and B. There was no episode last week, genius.

The Off-topic thread was created a month ago and has 34 posts in it. In that same month, the real Rebels thread has had over 800 posts in it...

In defense of the giant Rebels discussion thread in the main area, it predates the addition of the Off-Topic sub-forum. And yes, it is a lot more active then the one in Off-topic.

That's not true, it didn't get move with the others:

It gets all the traffic because it was the only one that wasn't moved, duh.

Edited by gabe69velasquez

Main page is apparently primarily for circlejerks now.

Nobody chose you as MVP?

Actually, the original Cubs thread, that is the one titled FFG, let's do a deal, is one of the "moaning for the gunboat" ones (read the first post in it), and so, it belongs to the General Discussion forum. :)

Edited by Azrapse

I quite agree with HeyChadwick's list, apart from the general Star Wars discussion, such as trailers, which I feel belongs in the off topic section as it neither directly relates to the miniatures game nor the forum itself.

The Rebels thread, I feel, should be in the off-topic section: it does not in general have a direct bearing on the game.

The MVP thread, I think is fine in the main forum as it is a bit of light hearted intra-community fun. Though it should be monitored to take care it doesn't descend into bashing if people don't agree with each other (you can see the beginnings of that in the discussion of FickleGreenDice).

But ultimately, I don't care about the Rebels thread being in the main forum and people shouldn't be too harsh when telling others they've started a topic in the wrong place. A gentle nudge in the right direction for the next time is much more helpful and keeps the tone in the community a lot lighter and friendlier.

Are we seriously discussing why the outcome of the World Series is off topic on the x-wing miniatures forum? Really? The Rebels thread is mostly off-topic too, but at least that one is actually about Star Wars.

Are we seriously discussing why the outcome of the World Series is off topic on the x-wing miniatures forum? Really? The Rebels thread is mostly off-topic too, but at least that one is actually about Star Wars.

No, that was always admitted to be off topic. All that is being discussed is that since that actually got moved, why haven't other off topic things been moved? and the fact that the main forum is a mess of posts that should probably be put in the right subforum.

No, that was always admitted to be off topic. All that is being discussed is that since that actually got moved, why haven't other off topic things been moved? and the fact that the main forum is a mess of posts that should probably be put in the right subforum.

I can understand, simply because there's few things less off topic than the "world series". On an unrelated note, just today I learned that it's Baseball and not American Football that this "world" series is about. Both being equally irrelevant outside the US.

Now a better question is how often does anyone look at those subforums? I feel if those were equally active as the general forum, or, if the moderators actually cared at all where things were posted (I'm pretty sure the only time things are locked or moved is when a user informs them action needs to be taken), people would be more willing to split hairs about where to post topics.

But, as things are now, the easier option is to just post most everything here, except maybe rules questions.

All that is being discussed is that since that actually got moved, why haven't other off topic things been moved? and the fact that the main forum is a mess of posts that should probably be put in the right subforum.

We don't get much moderation here, I think the only time a mod looks at a post is if it's been reported.

I think they tend to let things slide if they are about Star Wars in general, likely to fall off the front page quickly, or are meta discussions about the forum itself, as opposed to discussions on the meta.

I can understand, simply because there's few things less off topic than the "world series". On an unrelated note, just today I learned that it's Baseball and not American Football that this "world" series is about. Both being equally irrelevant outside the US.

Um... neither of those sports are irrelevant outside of the US. There are many other countries with large baseball leagues (even though we try to steal all their best players to the states), and American football has a rather large and growing fan base in both the U.K. and Mexico (with multiple games played in both London and Mexico City).

Irrelevant is a strong word, but American Football isn't played much elsewhere with rugby being more popular overall. 

Baseball is popular in a bunch of countries, but still rather meh in coverage outside of a handful of countries. 

Both of those sports can't hold a candle to stuff like cricket, football, hockey or basketball though, those four are so globally dominant it's not even funny.

Irrelevant is a strong word, but American Football isn't played much elsewhere with rugby being more popular overall. 

Baseball is popular in a bunch of countries, but still rather meh in coverage outside of a handful of countries. 

Both of those sports can't hold a candle to stuff like cricket, football, hockey or basketball though, those four are so globally dominant it's not even funny.

Well, yeah. I get that. But calling them irrelevant is not even close to true. And doing it in such a snobby way gets him called out.

Ah well, it's only sports, I've never understood why people always seem to claim they love sport X, and if you ask them what position they play they always seem to just... watch. 

If you love a game so much, play it! I like watching great players at work, but only because I play myself. :P.

So, breakfast? Mine is just a quick slice of bread, if that. My wife is really into chocolatey porridge though, healthy and filling!