Sign in to follow this  
StriderZessei

Who's your forum MVP?

Ok. So. I've read a fair few comments lamenting the banning of that one guy. It's also the answer to the questions about "whatever happened to so and so?"

That one guy was so obnoxious that he drove off many so and sos.

That's the last bit of negativity I'll post on this thread.

I am genuinely surprised at how so many people can view ParaGoombaSlayer as a villain and yet still hold FickleGreenDice up as a hero.  Those guys are cut from the exact same clothe in my experience.  Both spent about two full years never shutting up about how terrible and broken the game was because of Primary Weapon Turrets.  And both had about a gazillion posts per day.

Because you can, in fact, have strong, informed opinions about things you are truly passionate about, AND YET ALSO not be an utter tool-bag to everyone who disagrees with you. 

One of those understands that, the other does not.

Having opinions is one thing, shoving them down people's throats on each and every occasion is completely different. Based on my (subjective ofc) impression, as far as I can remember, fickle was 99% as bad as PGS about 1-1.5 years ago. Neither would shut up about PWTs, regardless if the topuc was about PWTs or not.

Difference is fickle calmed down after the pwt started disappearing from the meta.

I am genuinely surprised at how so many people can view ParaGoombaSlayer as a villain and yet still hold FickleGreenDice up as a hero.  Those guys are cut from the exact same clothe in my experience.  Both spent about two full years never shutting up about how terrible and broken the game was because of Primary Weapon Turrets.  And both had about a gazillion posts per day.

Because you can, in fact, have strong, informed opinions about things you are truly passionate about, AND YET ALSO not be an utter tool-bag to everyone who disagrees with you. 

One of those understands that, the other does not.

Having opinions is one thing, shoving them down people's throats on each and every occasion is completely different. Based on my (subjective ofc) impression, as far as I can remember, fickle was 99% as bad as PGS about 1-1.5 years ago. Neither would shut up about PWTs, regardless if the topuc was about PWTs or not.

Difference is fickle calmed down after the pwt started disappearing from the meta.

That's fair, I guess.

I don't understand players who despise things like PWTs and preach(ed) about them like they're the devil, yet are just fine with things like Palp + X7 + X7.  Both have been equally degenerative and dominant within their respective metas, both present an "easy mode" sort of playstyle, and both care much less about the maneuvers part of the game than lots of other archetypes.  To hate one and not the other just strikes me as either bias or a limited understanding of the top-level meta game.

That's fair, I guess.

I don't understand players who despise things like PWTs and preach(ed) about them like they're the devil, yet are just fine with things like Palp + X7 + X7.  Both have been equally degenerative and dominant within their respective metas, both present an "easy mode" sort of playstyle, and both care much less about the maneuvers part of the game than lots of other archetypes.  To hate one and not the other just strikes me as either bias or a limited understanding of the top-level meta game.

There are a lot who don't like both of those things, but sometimes someone just becomes unhinged at one of them.  :)  Like.....Tie Phantoms    :angry:

JBR7, FTS Gecko, Hobojesus, Odanan, GrimmyV etc...

I like the trolls, what can I say?

How could you leave me off the list?? :( :(

VanorDM is always level-headed and common sense, HeyChadwick is always friendly and helpful, and Biophysical is just edgy. And of course, who doesn't love FGD?

..added; with Baaa. And I didn't add you YwingAce because forum pressure gets to me and I'm easy or anything (I actually are, or am, or whatever); no, far from it. It's because of your signature; it's spot on and my wife approves as well, haha! She said it should be issued on the back of FFG X-Wing T-Shirts if they ever issue any.

Edited by clanofwolves

JBR7, FTS Gecko, Hobojesus, Odanan, GrimmyV etc...

I like the trolls, what can I say?

How could you leave me off the list?? :( :(

VanorDM is always level-headed and common sense, HeyChadwick is always friendly and helpful, and Biophysical is just edgy. And of course, who doesn't love FGD?

..added; with Baaa. And I didn't add you YwingAce because forum pressure gets to me and I'm easy or anything (I actually are, or am, or whatever); no, far from it. It's because of your signature; it's spot on and my wife approves as well, haha! She said it should be issued on the back of FFG X-Wing T-Shirts if they ever issue any.

I'm a virtuoso! :o :o  How sweet! And I can't take all the credit for the signature, it was a joint effort between me, DariusAPB, and Conan ;)

There are a lot who don't like both of those things, but sometimes someone just becomes unhinged at one of them. :) Like.....Tie Phantoms :angry:

Unhinged Astromech on a TIE Phantom would be just a tich unbalanced, I think. Green hard turns + green k-turn?! PTL Echo would be kind of terrifying.

1) Heychadwick for friendliness and championing the non-tournament players

2) Blade_Mercurial for his on-point posts in the squad-building subforum

3) Biophysical because I don't think I've ever seen him get into heated discussions about anything; he just posts about X-Wing and follows his heart

Honorable mention: JoeBossRed7 for his enthusiastic personality.

Nice to come back and see that the forum is a little "leaner" for the better... and then there's a thread like this!  I havn't been around much lately due to all the negativity (and just less free time). 

I nominate all of you who make the forum a little fun, more than a little thoughtful, and a nice space to spend a little free time.  Extra kudos to those of you who've been around so long... I've probably only met about 3-4 of you, and probably some more without knowing, but I often feel like I do know some of you.

On the squad building front, I have to add blade_mercurial: always willing to offer advice and not afraid to suggest and encourage things off the beaten path, not just your typical 'meta' staples. 

Wonderful thread idea, OP!

I was surprised that the whole first page went by without any mention of blade_mercurial, so I'm glad to see him pop up in subsequent pages. Love his insights!

1) Heychadwick for friendliness and championing the non-tournament players

2) Blade_Mercurial for his on-point posts in the squad-building subforum

3) Biophysical because I don't think I've ever seen him get into heated discussions about anything; he just posts about X-Wing and follows his heart

Honorable mention: JoeBossRed7 for his enthusiastic personality.

Wow. Are we twins or something? I completely agree with your ratings!

EDIT: Okay, maybe they'd be in different orders: 2, 3, 1, then JBS.

Edited by Parakitor