Sign in to follow this  
StriderZessei

Who's your forum MVP?

Great topic, I cannot get my list whittled down very much; here’s my attempt at a list of who I recall with an appropriate accolade:

Karhedron (the brilliant), Biophysical (the tactician), blade_mercurial (the creative), heychadwick (the happiness bomber), Vorpal Sword (the mysterious one of old), FTS Gecko (the passionate), Blue Five (the brilliant), Hobojesus (the clever), Odanan (the astute), Vineheart01 (the consummate), Velvetelvis (the amazing), GrimmyV (the ingenious), JBR7 (the bold),  Khyros (the idea giver), IG88E (the humorous), thespaceinvader (the convincing), Joe Boss Red Seven (the enthusiastic), Punning Pundit (the intelligence giver), Ken at Sunrise (the humble), Piscopas (the artist), thespaceinvader (the judge), ficklegreendice (the knowledge-cleaver), VandorDM (the advisor), Blail Blerg (the best quoted one), Mangus Grendel (the keen), Futant420 (the quick-witted), iamfanboy (the brainy), WWHSD (the wizard), TitaniumChopstick (the awesomeness named one), AtomicFryingPan (the almost awesomeness named one), FourDogsInaHorseSuit (the runner-up to the almost awesomeness named one), TasteTheRanebow (the second-runner-up to the almost awesomeness named one), Stoneface (the focused), Klutz (the slick), Parravon (the perceptive), OneKevin (the wise), MajorJuggler (the analytical), Bojanglez (the adept), darthlurker (the knowing), RogueLeader42 (the operative),  FatherTurin (the clarity-giver), gamblertuba (the brilliant), Icelom (the helper), Darth Meanie (the powerhouse), Azrapse (the emphatic), GeneticDrift (the outside-the-box one), Hawkstrike (the resourceful), ForceM (the shrewd), SEApocalypse (the enlightened), superdave (the whiz), Audio Weasel (the crafty), Boba Rick (the prudent…or the grenade thrower), SabineKey (the discerning), shotbyscot (the detailed)…..I have left out many, many wonderful Forum members; but I have enjoyed each poster bar -almost- none.

Peace plastic-crack bros!

Thank you so much! I can't really pick one person, in my mind there are a handful of posters that really make the forums what they are on their best days:

FickleGreenDice

Vanor DM

HeyChadwick

Joe Boss Red 7

CubanBoy

I really can't pick one, because (pardon the new agey garbage I'm about to spew), their energies complement each other and work together to make these forums what they are. So they are sort of the FFG forum Captain Planet I guess?

I am genuinely surprised at how so many people can view ParaGoombaSlayer as a villain and yet still hold FickleGreenDice up as a hero.  Those guys are cut from the exact same clothe in my experience.  Both spent about two full years never shutting up about how terrible and broken the game was because of Primary Weapon Turrets.  And both had about a gazillion posts per day.

They're similar in only that way.  FGD is sufferable.  PGS is a self-admitted ... well, pick your own word or acronym.

I'm not a fan of FGD, especially the near-instant "this card is expose levels of bad" (which has become almost guaranteed -- and pretty much always wrong -- from him), but ... there is a real difference between sufferable and in-.

P.S. Thanks, TTR.  Dunno who you really are, so I'm just sending out $5 checks to everybody.

Honored to be mentioned, and although I have not been on the forum long, I have truly enjoyed the experience.  This forum was how I met up with my sparring partner and new buddy, Obiwonka.  Heychadwick reached out to me at the very beginning and he (and the rest of the Tydirium crew!) helped turn me on to the game even more with their podcast.  Force Majeure and Ianmiddy and all the others have been very encouraging on the painting sub-forum.  

And all the rest of you are awesome for constantly posting thought-provoking stuff to help me figure this addictive game out!  

The only bad thing about threads like this is that you can't mention everyone, and it's easy to overlook someone who has been helpful/kind.

JBR7, FTS Gecko, Hobojesus, Odanan, GrimmyV etc...

I like the trolls, what can I say?

How could you leave me off the list?? :( :(

VanorDM is always level-headed and common sense, HeyChadwick is always friendly and helpful, and Biophysical is just edgy. And of course, who doesn't love FGD?

I almost forgot geordan and Mu0n. Neither of them post much but the tools that they put their time into are awesome.

Big ups on this one. Mu0n, his vassal x-wing module aside, still gets a nod for the massively popular "Which preview will be out today?" topic which has gotten me and numerous others through the darkest of times when FFG has trolled us by keeping their precious previews from our grimy hands.

Lots of great people getting shout outs in this thread.

One I haven't seen yet is digitalbusker for always having the correct answer in the rules forum with examples to back it up.

On the squad building front, I have to add blade_mercurial: always willing to offer advice and not afraid to suggest and encourage things off the beaten path, not just your typical 'meta' staples. 

Also Piscopas because his repaints are awesome and he's a local guy who agreed to meet up and play and immediately became a friend!

Wonderful thread idea, OP!

Amen brother. All good guys.

To be honest my favorite guys are the ones who think up the 'out there' lists. The non meta yet powerful lists that no one sees coming. People like ObiWonka and blade_mercurial. There are more i just can't remember other specific names (mostly due to bad memory) but there are more. I tip my hat to you guys. Cheers.

I am genuinely surprised at how so many people can view ParaGoombaSlayer as a villain and yet still hold FickleGreenDice up as a hero.  Those guys are cut from the exact same clothe in my experience.  Both spent about two full years never shutting up about how terrible and broken the game was because of Primary Weapon Turrets.  And both had about a gazillion posts per day.

Because you can, in fact, have strong, informed opinions about things you are truly passionate about, AND YET ALSO not be an utter tool-bag to everyone who disagrees with you. 

One of those understands that, the other does not.