Sign in to follow this  
StriderZessei

Who's your forum MVP?

Great topic, I cannot get my list whittled down very much; here’s my attempt at a list of who I recall with an appropriate accolade:

Karhedron (the brilliant), Biophysical (the tactician), blade_mercurial (the creative), heychadwick (the happiness bomber), Vorpal Sword (the mysterious one of old), FTS Gecko (the passionate), Blue Five (the brilliant), Hobojesus (the clever), Odanan (the astute), Vineheart01 (the consummate), Velvetelvis (the amazing), GrimmyV (the ingenious), JBR7 (the bold),  Khyros (the idea giver), IG88E (the humorous), thespaceinvader (the convincing), Joe Boss Red Seven (the enthusiastic), Punning Pundit (the intelligence giver), Ken at Sunrise (the humble), Piscopas (the artist), thespaceinvader (the judge), ficklegreendice (the knowledge-cleaver), VandorDM (the advisor), Blail Blerg (the best quoted one), Mangus Grendel (the keen), Futant420 (the quick-witted), iamfanboy (the brainy), WWHSD (the wizard), TitaniumChopstick (the awesomeness named one), AtomicFryingPan (the almost awesomeness named one), FourDogsInaHorseSuit (the runner-up to the almost awesomeness named one), TasteTheRanebow (the second-runner-up to the almost awesomeness named one), Stoneface (the focused), Klutz (the slick), Parravon (the perceptive), OneKevin (the wise), MajorJuggler (the analytical), Bojanglez (the adept), darthlurker (the knowing), RogueLeader42 (the operative),  FatherTurin (the clarity-giver), gamblertuba (the brilliant), Icelom (the helper), Darth Meanie (the powerhouse), Azrapse (the emphatic), GeneticDrift (the outside-the-box one), Hawkstrike (the resourceful), ForceM (the shrewd), SEApocalypse (the enlightened), superdave (the whiz), Audio Weasel (the crafty), Boba Rick (the prudent…or the grenade thrower), SabineKey (the discerning), shotbyscot (the detailed)…..I have left out many, many wonderful Forum members; but I have enjoyed each poster bar -almost- none.

Peace plastic-crack bros!

You sir, are da real MVP for putting that much effort into your post. 

EDIT: Da Real MVP*

Edited by Timathius

Great topic, I cannot get my list whittled down very much; here’s my attempt at a list of who I recall with an appropriate accolade:

Karhedron (the brilliant), Biophysical (the tactician), blade_mercurial (the creative), heychadwick (the happiness bomber), Vorpal Sword (the mysterious one of old), FTS Gecko (the passionate), Blue Five (the brilliant), Hobojesus (the clever), Odanan (the astute), Vineheart01 (the consummate), Velvetelvis (the amazing), GrimmyV (the ingenious), JBR7 (the bold),  Khyros (the idea giver), IG88E (the humorous), thespaceinvader (the convincing), Joe Boss Red Seven (the enthusiastic), Punning Pundit (the intelligence giver), Ken at Sunrise (the humble), Piscopas (the artist), thespaceinvader (the judge), ficklegreendice (the knowledge-cleaver), VandorDM (the advisor), Blail Blerg (the best quoted one), Mangus Grendel (the keen), Futant420 (the quick-witted), iamfanboy (the brainy), WWHSD (the wizard), TitaniumChopstick (the awesomeness named one), AtomicFryingPan (the almost awesomeness named one), FourDogsInaHorseSuit (the runner-up to the almost awesomeness named one), TasteTheRanebow (the second-runner-up to the almost awesomeness named one), Stoneface (the focused), Klutz (the slick), Parravon (the perceptive), OneKevin (the wise), MajorJuggler (the analytical), Bojanglez (the adept), darthlurker (the knowing), RogueLeader42 (the operative),  FatherTurin (the clarity-giver), gamblertuba (the brilliant), Icelom (the helper), Darth Meanie (the powerhouse), Azrapse (the emphatic), GeneticDrift (the outside-the-box one), Hawkstrike (the resourceful), ForceM (the shrewd), SEApocalypse (the enlightened), superdave (the whiz), Audio Weasel (the crafty), Boba Rick (the prudent…or the grenade thrower), SabineKey (the discerning), shotbyscot (the detailed)…..I have left out many, many wonderful Forum members; but I have enjoyed each poster bar -almost- none.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Vorpalsword = what ever happened to him?  He posted fewer and fewer times and I haven't heard from him in forever.  Did he say anything was up with him and the forums?  Or did he just fade away?  His posts were always shrewd, even-keeled, and worth reading.  He was a smart guy who understood things while being level headed.

He's probably busy working on his dissertation. Unfortunately for him, he had to totally change his topic. Fortunately for the rest of us, it has to do with X-wing. Yay science! 

Rodent Mastermind has some outrageously amazing ship repaints in this thread. It's an oldie but goodie.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/89553-some-photos-of-stuff-you-know-slave-1-interceptors/

When I showed up here, the poster who I read most keenly was KineticOperator. He so often wrote with insight and depth, supporting his ideas with theory and experience. He seemed to understand all aspects of the game and how they interacted in ways that few do, and he seemed to genuinely want the reader to understand what he understood.

Without a doubt, my favorite forum MVP is......

KineticOperator

It was the great KineticOperator that invented the Rebel Convoy and taught us all that great lists can be made from what you least expect.  It's the clever ingenuity of Aaron Bonar that has fueled my curiosity to try and make anything work through creative list building and study instead of simply netlisting, and I have found that to be immensely rewarding.

Let's all celebrate KO's award now, because once I've made my opinion clear no one else's matters!

flash2.gif

Runners up:

FickleGreenDice, because he's a more palatable and diet version of the dearly departed ParaGoombaSlayer.  Perfect mixture of salt and saavy. 

Biophysical, because he did Defenders before it was cool.

SableGriffin, because his love for the Shuttle.

Heychadwick, because he introduced me to HotAC.

Edited by Boba Rick

So you should get a like from everyone you have mentioned ;)

clanofwolves (the enumerator)

Edited by IG88E

..."the passionate"?

o_O

Probably to do with your calls to instate the .... Canondinghy or whatever it is

..."the passionate"?

o_O

Probably to do with your calls to instate the .... Canondinghy or whatever it is

...so nothing to do with my live webcam show then? That's disappointing.

I take bitcoin, folks.

Gimme dat money! ;) Sorry AtomicFryingPan, FourDogsInaHorseSuit, and TasteTheRainbow.

Great topic, I cannot get my list whittled down very much; here’s my attempt at a list of who I recall with an appropriate accolade:Karhedron (the brilliant), Biophysical (the tactician), blade_mercurial (the creative), heychadwick (the happiness bomber), Vorpal Sword (the mysterious one of old), FTS Gecko (the passionate), Blue Five (the brilliant), Hobojesus (the clever), Odanan (the astute), Vineheart01 (the consummate), Velvetelvis (the amazing), GrimmyV (the ingenious), JBR7 (the bold),  Khyros (the idea giver), IG88E (the humorous), thespaceinvader (the convincing), Joe Boss Red Seven (the enthusiastic), Punning Pundit (the intelligence giver), Ken at Sunrise (the humble), Piscopas (the artist), thespaceinvader (the judge), ficklegreendice (the knowledge-cleaver), VandorDM (the advisor), Blail Blerg (the best quoted one), Mangus Grendel (the keen), Futant420 (the quick-witted), iamfanboy (the brainy), WWHSD (the wizard), TitaniumChopstick (the awesomeness named one), AtomicFryingPan (the almost awesomeness named one), FourDogsInaHorseSuit (the runner-up to the almost awesomeness named one), TasteTheRanebow (the second-runner-up to the almost awesomeness named one), Stoneface (the focused), Klutz (the slick), Parravon (the perceptive), OneKevin (the wise), MajorJuggler (the analytical), Bojanglez (the adept), darthlurker (the knowing), RogueLeader42 (the operative),  FatherTurin (the clarity-giver), gamblertuba (the brilliant), Icelom (the helper), Darth Meanie (the powerhouse), Azrapse (the emphatic), GeneticDrift (the outside-the-box one), Hawkstrike (the resourceful), ForceM (the shrewd), SEApocalypse (the enlightened), superdave (the whiz), Audio Weasel (the crafty), Boba Rick (the prudent…or the grenade thrower), SabineKey (the discerning), shotbyscot (the detailed)…..I have left out many, many wonderful Forum members; but I have enjoyed each poster bar -almost- none.

Gimme dat money! ;) Sorry AtomicFryingPan, FourDogsInaHorseSuit, and TasteTheRainbow.
Election is rigged, my votes were split four ways.

I am genuinely surprised at how so many people can view ParaGoombaSlayer as a villain and yet still hold FickleGreenDice up as a hero.  Those guys are cut from the exact same clothe in my experience.  Both spent about two full years never shutting up about how terrible and broken the game was because of Primary Weapon Turrets.  And both had about a gazillion posts per day.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

I am genuinely surprised at how so many people can view ParaGoombaSlayer as a villain and yet still hold FickleGreenDice up as a hero.  Those guys are cut from the exact same clothe in my experience.  Both spent about two full years never shutting up about how terrible and broken the game was because of Primary Weapon Turrets.  And both had about a gazillion posts per day.

Oh hey there Pewpewpew alt.

Vorpalsword = what ever happened to him?  He posted fewer and fewer times and I haven't heard from him in forever.  Did he say anything was up with him and the forums?  Or did he just fade away?  His posts were always shrewd, even-keeled, and worth reading.  He was a smart guy who understood things while being level headed.

He's probably busy working on his dissertation. Unfortunately for him, he had to totally change his topic. Fortunately for the rest of us, it has to do with X-wing. Yay science! 

Rodent Mastermind has some outrageously amazing ship repaints in this thread. It's an oldie but goodie.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/89553-some-photos-of-stuff-you-know-slave-1-interceptors/

Vorpal was the guy who destroyed theorist post with math right? Because I had that guy in mind for MVP, but forgot his name.

Sorry Green Dice, I love you, but not ranting so often is a big plus for the overall post quality ... ;-)

That is because ever since PWTs have vanished from the top spots (mostly) he opened up and started celebrating the game in its most fun aspects. He is probably the most knowledgable person on how to use bombs and mines around here. Unlike PGS, who started to rant about the next big thing a few seconds after the meta setteled. FGD was someone who wasn't statisfied with the specific meta at that time, PGS was someone who wasn't statisfied the meta is exactly what he wants it to be.

And of course FGDs arguments weren't insulting, but rather (at least for me) agreeable. He didn't rant about icecream-smearing children at the top tables, but argued that it is too frustrating, not fun and ultimately too big an advantage how PWTs load all the dice-skew on the player that doesn't use one.

FGD has improved quite a bit in the past year.  He's done more than complain about PWT in a long while.  He's been flying a lot of unusual ships and posting about his experience with them.  He's flown the ARC-170 a lot and been active and constructive in those threads.  He's done a lot with the Khiraxz Fighter and Scyk lately, too.  

nina'd!

Edited by heychadwick

That is because ever since PWTs have vanished from the top spots (mostly) he opened up and started celebrating the game in its most fun aspects. He is probably the most knowledgable person on how to use bombs and mines around here. Unlike PGS, who started to rant about the next big thing a few seconds after the meta setteled. FGD was someone who wasn't statisfied with the specific meta at that time, PGS was someone who wasn't statisfied the meta is exactly what he wants it to be.

And of course FGDs arguments weren't insulting, but rather (at least for me) agreeable. He didn't rant about icecream-smearing children at the top tables, but argued that it is too frustrating, not fun and ultimately too big an advantage how PWTs load all the dice-skew on the player that doesn't use one.

GreenDice is not a ****. That's makes all the difference. His rants are mildly amusing too, which gives them some positive contribution as well. And not being a **** means as well that you contribute positively to the community. People are willing to forgive flaws if the overall package is a net gain, while patience is thin with people who are a net loss for the community. Furthermore I know only the new green dice, which seems to be awesome … starting x-wing this year myself and all.  ;-)

And calling goomba the villain is far to much honor for him. If I would need to summarize that little paratrooper I would simply say: Not worth reading. Which is indeed the polar opposite to greendice who is even entertaining when he is annoying and shares beautiful pictures and battle reports with interesting lists

Edited by SEApocalypse

heychadwick should really get some props for promoting casual play without crapping on competitive play to do so.

Parravon, thespaceinvader, Digitalbusker, and VanorDM tend to be my sanity check. If at least one of them is liking my posts or agreeing with me in any thread that has gotten deep into rules nerds being rules nerds and arguing about the kind of things that only rules nerds think are important then I can be at least kind of confident that I'm not talking completely out of my ass. 

I haven't seen Firespy around in a while but that guy was doing a good job of answering rules questions. Vineheart01 has been putting in some good work over in the rules forum as well.  

Vorpal was the guy who destroyed theorist post with math right? Because I had that guy in mind for MVP, but forgot his name.

That sounds vaguely familiar from a couple years ago, but Theorist doesn't post on the FFG Forums, so it would have been on the Team Covenant Forums. So I'm not sure either way.

Everyone makes at least occasional mistakes. I have corrected Vorpal's math before, and on at least one occasion someone pointed out to me that I was documenting the details of my own MathWing thread incorrectly.