Sign in to follow this  
StriderZessei

Who's your forum MVP?

Lots of great people getting shout outs in this thread.

One I haven't seen yet is digitalbusker for always having the correct answer in the rules forum with examples to back it up.

On the squad building front, I have to add blade_mercurial: always willing to offer advice and not afraid to suggest and encourage things off the beaten path, not just your typical 'meta' staples. 

Also Piscopas because his repaints are awesome and he's a local guy who agreed to meet up and play and immediately became a friend!

Wonderful thread idea, OP!

Bio Physical: Always take time to read his squad building posts.

FGD: For his grumpy hatred of Turrets and love of the ARC and K

FTS GEKO: Not sure about his post content but if you see this guy in real life....6.4, arms like tree trunks, blue steely stare, great shock of ginger hair, red like the fires of hell.........what a guy!

Hey, awesome to be nominated!  That's pretty cool.   

OK..it's hard to pick people as there are lots of great posters on here.   I'd probably go with:

Vorpalsword = what ever happened to him?  He posted fewer and fewer times and I haven't heard from him in forever.  Did he say anything was up with him and the forums?  Or did he just fade away?  His posts were always shrewd, even-keeled, and worth reading.  He was a smart guy who understood things while being level headed.

Biophysical is also awesome for his tactics and working on the Tie Defender and winning with it.  I recall PMing him and chatting about the Tie Defender back before he was famous.  He's a smart guy who knows his stuff.

Ficklegreendice is also good.  I like that he actually plays with the various ships and is able to talk about them from an experienced viewpoint.  I mean, lots of people just write off ships, but he goes through the effort of flying them and then gives his regards.  

So many to name.  I agree with just about everyone who has responded so far.  And yeah, what happened to Vorpal?

I mean, if we want to go with someone who is scoring the most points simply by just chucking up the most shots, Ficklegreendice is the Russell Westbrook of the forums (if you don't understand that reference, no worries. Its just a dude that shoots a lot in basketball).

Seriously. He has more posts than everyone that has posted here so far COMBINED.

I want to know how he does it.  He has the first response to like 30% of all new topics submitted to every sub-forum.  He must have his phone, PC, laptop and tablet sitting next to him 24-7.

I should give an extra thanks to heychadwick. He has help my list building, which I personally am terrible at. Even helping with scenarios.

VandorDM puts up with my constant raving about the game becoming too complicated with non-stop fixes yet still gives me sound advice when needed.

Fickled's suggestions, WWHSD and thespaceinvader  good answers.

Mu0n's and heychadwick's web posts of their campaign progress which of course gives me squad building suggestions.

Where is Vorpal anyway. Great poster too.

And so many others.

My vote would be Biophysical. As a follow Defender of the Defenders, I always enjoy seeing/reading the posts and getting constructive feedback.

Beyond that though, I don't actually dislike anyone on here.

Love goes out to the Gunboat crew though, always make me laugh and got time for my long "stories".

Guys voting for fickle musta been somewhere else around January 2015.

MajorJuggler is still the obvious choice. Notable mentions: Jeff Wilder, Kdubb, Biophysical. They don't all post often, but they are constructive when they do. I'm sure there are others.

Edit: Blade_mercurial is for sure in the list

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

Im throwing my hat in for heychadwick.

But his ankle sucks.

So...like ...95% of heychadwick.

I am especially fond of podcasters who also participate in the community beyond " here's the latest episode and a link to patreon".

All the best to you sir.

Same here, it's great to actually get a podcaster who interacts with us on the forums. I know some other ones do, but it's not as much as Heychadwick. Plus they picked my B-Team on last week's podcast so I may be biased.