Sign in to follow this  
StriderZessei

Who's your forum MVP?

With a certain other thread celebrating someone that I won't personally ever miss, I thought it might be better to celebrate other individuals who merit our respect.

I nominate Karhedron! He's a font of knowledge and and always offers advice in a straightforward manner without taking offense or a 'holier'than'thou' attitude, even in the face of disagreement. He also talks up ships and builds in such an articulate and exciting way that I often end up buying ships I never gave a second glance in the past (like the K-Wing I just bought today.)

Who do you guys appreciate?

I mean, if we want to go with someone who is scoring the most points simply by just chucking up the most shots, Ficklegreendice is the Russell Westbrook of the forums (if you don't understand that reference, no worries. Its just a dude that shoots a lot in basketball).

Seriously. He has more posts than everyone that has posted here so far COMBINED.

Edited by Kdubb

I mean, if we want to go with someone who is scoring the most points simply by just chucking up the most shots, Ficklegreendice is the Russell Westbrook of the forums (if you don't understand that reference, no worries. Its just a dude that shoots a lot in basketball).

Seriously. He has more posts than everyone that has posted here so far COMBINED.

Interesting analogy lol. Serioulsy though, how does that guy have so many posts? Has he been here since 1908 or something (another sports reference)?

For the main forum, agree with all of the above, and I'm sure will agree with subsequent suggestions...

...for the Painting & Mods forum [in no particular order], Stoneface, Barry Harker, MacrossVF1 & Force Majeure - always inspirational, supportive and helpful to a modeller who's been 'away' for many years  :rolleyes:

As they say at the Oscars, 'if I've forgotten anyone', which I'm sure I have - this is a great community to belong to  ;)

Ficklegreendice for his posts, always passionate, constructive, and devoid of arrogance. The guy focuses on an underdog ship (TIE Punisher, K-wing, ARC-170) and takes it on a trip towards the land of awesome and fun, with lots of pictures and few green dice.

OneKelvin for being, probably, the person with best insight about the human nature of the forum dwellers and X-wing players, while also being the one with the wittiest and funniest posts that I have read in the Internet in all my years. Also passionate, constructive and devoid of arrogance.

MajorJuggler, for giving us a scientific view on the game, that is spot on most of the time.

EDIT: 

Oh, and FTS Gecko and Odanan for the XG-1 Alpha-class Starwing thread. A love letter to a ship design unfairly mistreated by most.

Edited by Azrapse

I don't like anyone. About the only community that doesn't annoy me are the Witcher fans. Only reason I'm here is to twiddle my thumbs when I'm reading background info for a story and trying to write off a list.

To be fair, fickle is adorable pretending to be happy with his ARCs,and Gecko's managed to keep the gunboat group together.

None of you are jeske though.

Actually just did a search to check if there were any member with the name MVP (cause fun), but alas.....

Ficklegreendice clearly gets my wote: Nice insights coupled with glorious pics of X-wing combat, what is not to like!

Sable Gryphon has made some rare gems from time to time! 

Joe Boss Seven for the wonderful x-wing ship emotes!

I also thought about Majorjuggler who clearly made some influential posts back in the day.. but as he has not really updated his data from wave 6-7, and now always speaks like a crystal ball: "According to secret-Mathwing-something-point-something Jek Porkins with Expose and R3-A2 now have a jousting value of 1.1 million and is THE most powerful ship in wave 9 meta"....( :D )

The Gunboat faction is hilarious and amazing. What's dead may never die.

IronWardog

Cause he made the X-wing Probability Calculator

MajorJuggler

The Holonet wants needs Mathwing 3.0

Or did the spreadsheets get stolen... except for a copy on a runaway droid somewhere. Hopefully wikileaks gets a copy and releases the Mathwing spreadsheets sometime soon. When a rookie pilot tells us, 'all ships are viable', how can we force influence them without access to the darkest arts of Mathwing?

Never enough love for our awesome painters and modellers.  We have SO many, but there are two who really stand out for me as being both outstanding at their craft, and patient, helpful and encouraging to those who are new to it, and more than wiling to provide help and advice:

Barry Harker

MacrossVF1

I like HeyChadwick's posts a lot because he really sees into the soul of enjoying the game, while still being able to curveball the meta.

Biophysical gets the crown for tactics discussions though. I read all of the dual defender batreps and tactic discussions before Imperial Vets dropped.

I wish this forum had more tactical discussions, it is the one thing I miss from my Warhammer Fantasy days on Ulthuan.net. To whoever posted the "What would you do in this situation" thread, props to you. We need more things like that. No theorycrafting or netlisting, pure prediction and maneuver. The juiciest part of the game, imo.