Sign in to follow this  
TitaniumChopstick

Poll: Worst Looking Ship in X-Wing

My opinion is that there are only a handful of shops in X-wing that look "pretty". That's the charm of Star Wars. BUT, I vote for the TIE Punisher- not because of ugliness, because it looks like FFG is trying to play a joke on us.... not funny.

By the way, I'm 'one of those' people that think the Scyk is gorgeous.

GR-75 Transport

I didn't like the transport until I got the miniature. It's far too short/small, I wish it was in scale but I now really like it. With the detail and cargo containers it is really nice looking. I which they had done a two piece mold for the top section instead of saving money and going with a one piece. Detailed suffered there I think. But still nice.

As for what I don't like or I think looks foolish

K-Wing - Several reasons

E-Wing

TIE Striker

YT-2400

Jump Master - unless it carried cargo container in the open area. If not it looks foolish to me.

Quad Jumper - Why is the cargo grapple on it's top? When it lands planet-side with salvage does it need to land upside down?

Bat Wing UPS shuttle - Looks awesome but the wings, really?

Fang Fighter - Spinning body

I thought the Punishers looked foolish but my wife pointed out that it fits the Empires philosophy. So I kind of like it.

Don't pick on me for applying logic to a fantasy game, I'm just answering the question.

Quad Jumper - Why is the cargo grapple on it's top? When it lands planet-side with salvage does it need to land upside down?

The clamps are midway up from what I can see.. So my guess is it's to lift stuff up from ground level to the level the cargo clamps are. Just like a crane works in construction.

The clamps are midway up from what I can see.. So my guess is it's to lift stuff up from ground level to the level the cargo clamps are. Just like a crane works in construction.

This image has the crane and magnetic clamp center top. 

9194w9oTJ4L.jpg

[Edit] P.S. the magnetic clamp for cargo is what really confused me. The cargo would be on top of the QuadJumper. Not really a problem in microgravity but planetside that is kind of a strange arrangement. It appears there may be two magnetic clamps on the top. Another behind the crane.

Edited by Ken at Sunrise

E-wing and YV-666.

- YV-666, who did make up this design? Basically a multi-family home with 2 wings.

A designer from Decipher was looking around his tiny office cubicle for inspiration, and his eyes fell upon... A STAPLER!

Seriously, what piece of stationery would be a worse foundation for a starship design?

Familiarity means I don't find anything of them offensive any more.

But there are two which flat out disappoint me.

E-Wing - As an X-Wing successor it looks flat out dumb. That top mounted cannon? Dumb!

Kihraxz - They picked the wrong version.

I do wonder how much of this is also Member Berries.... For example would the B-Wing be on the list if it was not in the Original Trilogy? Are the people who don't mind the Punisher people that played the computer game that had it in years ago?

That is a fair point. I personally love how the HWK looks, but I'm also a big fan of the games it was in, so that does color my perception of the ship.

I do wonder how much of this is also Member Berries.... For example would the B-Wing be on the list if it was not in the Original Trilogy? Are the people who don't mind the Punisher people that played the computer game that had it in years ago?

I played that game like crazy for years, and the TIE Punisher (TIE Bomber tier 3) in that game was as ugly and even more worthless than in this one.