Sign in to follow this  
TitaniumChopstick

Poll: Worst Looking Ship in X-Wing

Rebels: Sabine's TIE - unimaginative addition to the rebel fleet, plus a hideous paint job

Empire: Punisher - Lazy design that adds nothing to the TIE series

Scum: Jumpmaster - Toilet seat of doom

Or

Houndstooth - Where are the engines on that thing?

Or

Mist Hunter - Is that supposed to be a Star Wars ship?

Or

Shadow Caster - Is Lucasfilm even trying any more?

Hey man, Sabines tie inst supposed to be aesthetically pleasing. It's camouflage, helping it blend in with all the non captured ties. How else are you supposed to fool the empire?!? ;) Edited by TitaniumChopstick

Fun topic but if it every comes to it, the N1 Naboo starfighter. The K wing looked ugly at first but has really grown on me. The grungy ships in the EU like the Misthunter or Jumpmaster fit the aesthetic perfectly in my eyes.

N1 isnt a technically legal vote since its not in x-wing, but I guess I'll make an exception since I did the same in my last poll. ;) Edited by TitaniumChopstick

Fun topic but if it every comes to it, the N1 Naboo starfighter. The K wing looked ugly at first but has really grown on me. The grungy ships in the EU like the Misthunter or Jumpmaster fit the aesthetic perfectly in my eyes.

N1 isnt a technically legal vote since its not in x-wing, but I guess I'll make an exception since I did the same in my last poll. ;)

Oh shoot I already voted!  Ignore that post, more of a 'comment'!  

N1 isnt a technically legal vote since its not in x-wing, but I guess I'll make an exception since I did the same in my last poll. ;)

Oh shoot I already voted!  Ignore that post, more of a 'comment'!

Luckily I won't be tallying results for a few days, so it's all good lol. :P

Jumpmaster 5000 for me. It's just... Awkward. I get the Millennium Falcon is asymmetrical, and I like some asymmetrical ships like the TIE Bomber, but the YT-2400 and Jumpmaster 5000 go way too far on the asymmetry. It was a tight choice between these two for my least favorite design.

I'm actually okay with the Punisher. Sure, it's a bit ridiculous, but when the concept is basically "The TIE Bomber turned up to 11", it makes sense that the design is a TIE Bomber turned up to 11. 

Edited by WingedSpider

Some of the models are really good looking, but the designs themselves are ugly. (Good modeling on FFG's part, bad designs on whoever came up with them.)

My vote is the K-Wing for design. That UGLY third engine on top does not flow with the rest of the ship. The ordnance on the wings don't follow the typical Star Wars design. Now, FFG did a good job modeling the ship, it is just an ugly design.

Next would be the Punisher ...

Then is the Shadowcaster ... It looks like it was made with parts from Spore (the video game). A lot of the Rebels (TV show) designs need help. Get away from the yellow please!!

Edited by Jadotch

-Rebels: YT2400. This ship is just stupid, makes no sense at all.

Tight followed of K-Wing (as said before just does not fit Star Wars, looks like something from today).

(Ghost is just FAT due to all the plot armour and has an ugly paint-scheme, but at least it is a believable yacht/light freighter.

U-wing is fine, but it sitting on a large base makes it a contester as well.)

-Empire: Upsilon. Rip-off, stupid large wings, it is just totally impractical.

Really tightly followed by the ugly flying shoe, Firespray.

(Punisher is a bit unimaginative, but that fits an evil mass producing Empire. If it just was better stat-wise...

Undecided on Striker.)

-Scum: Lancer. This is a Startrek ship. And the design makes no sense what so ever, why make a disc, but then take away any advantage of a disc-form by putting two long engine-sausages on its sides? Plus ugly paint scheme.

Honorable mention: YV. The style of the ship fits to StarWars imho, but it should be larger, and the drive arrangement is a bit strange.

Y-wing. Based entirely on the quality of the sculpt. It looks like utter ****. The turret on the top is just stamped into the cockpit. You may not like the K-wing or shadowcaster but At least the models are slick.

Model wise, I agree. Design wise ... it is a different story. The wave 1 models were iffy at best. 

Edited by Jadotch

-Empire: Upsilon. Rip-off, stupid large wings, it is just totally impractical.

Rip-off? The Upsilon's obviously supposed to be the evolution of the Lambda Shuttle lineage. Calling it a rip-off is like ARC-170 a rip-off because it resembles an X-Wing, even though that's the point, the ARC's a predecessor of the X-Wing. 

Edited by WingedSpider

The Shadow Caster makes me go all Defiant and Worfy.

The Jumpmaster at least has some room for cargo containers, like the YT-1300 has.

I'm no fan of the Aggressor, nor the Quadjumper. 

The Mist Hunter looks as if it goes "putputputputput" as it flies past. It's cute, not ugly.

Neither the TIE Punisher, nor the TIE Adv. Prototype do it for me. Not particularly ugly, but definitely not good looking.

The Ghost, and especially the Attack Shuttle are too boxy for me. The AS somehow reminds me of that drone thingy Optimus Prime had in the back that he only sometimes took out for a spin. And a Star Trek Runabout.

The K-Wing looks like someone GI-Joed a frog.

It's a tossup. And so is the Quadjumper, a tossup of someones breakfast and my vote for ugliest ship.