Sign in to follow this  
TitaniumChopstick

Poll: Worst Looking Ship in X-Wing

I couldn't buy an E-wing until I had a plan to mod it to improve its looks. Even now, I'm a little stuck on how to paint it to make it look even better. So that's my vote.

The K is runner up. Looks too much like an airplane to me. I want to chop off the extra wings with the skids just to see what it looks like, move the turret--something. Admittedly, it has grown on me, but there's room for improvement.

If I can take it one step farther: Worst looking ship in Star Wars? Ugh. By FAR it has to be the flying doorstop that is called Slave 2.

http://culttvman.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/dramseyslave-001.jpg

I can't even place myself in the mindset of the creators of that ship. Was it laziness? Trying to be so "extreme" like everything had to be in the 1990's that it just went into the opposite "extreme" of being dull and uninspired? I'm going with laziness, since they couldn't even think of a better name than it's predecessor.

Definitely, you are remembering wrong.

The gunboat appeared first in X-Wing, the first game in the series, in 1993. It was the Empire's answer to the Y-Wing, although you could argue that it sits in a middle point between the Y-wing, the X-Wing, and the B-wing. It has the speed and similar strong shields as the B-wing, as agile as the X-Wing, and has almost identical weapon loadout to that of the Y-wing: two laser cannons, two ion cannons, and two launchers, that shoot missiles instead of torpedoes.

And that is why it isn't in the game. If they balance it, it is just a B-wing which no one plays. They don't balance it and well, U-boat. I do remember the gun boat, it kicked plenty of ass. It could dog fight well and take on the cap ships. It was OP which is why everyone wants it. Saddly, it is in the game in the form of the B-wing or the Firespray. If people aren't going to play those ships, well, gunboat, why?

Even with the new movie and Rebels they will run out of ship ideas at this rate some time mid next year. So the gunboat will make a showing.

The K is runner up. Looks too much like an airplane to me. I want to chop off the extra wings with the skids just to see what it looks like, move the turret--something. Admittedly, it has grown on me, but there's room for improvement.

I like that the K-Wing has a slight resemblance to an old bomber but I too have a problem with the extra wings/struts with the skids and ordnance attached, as well as a turret. I like what they were going for, but those things push it into my "one of the ugliest ships" category.

I plan to lop off the extra wings/struts, remove the turret and attach it to the rear bottom-side of the ship like a tail gunner's canopy, and maybe remove the "neck" of the ship behind the cockpit, which would bring the cockpit closer to the body. I think those changes will look good (I've seen a couple with similar changes and liked them more than the regular design).

Starviper, it is not only ugly but has a stupidly large profile that would make it much easier to hit than many other ships. In second place comes FFG's flat-nosed Lambda shuttle which looks nothing like what we see in RotJ or even their own card art.

The E-wing is my vote. I find it just really unpleasant to look at, it's blocky and it's proportions are not quite right.

It's a shame it looks the way it does because I've seen a few modded ones (I cut the head cannon off of mine) and it makes a big difference.

The best thing you can do to the model is take the front off of a t65 and stick it on the front in place of the current one. Fixed instantly

Edited by Spaceman91

Quadjumper for sure, It reminds me of that one pod racer, makes me think if they did manage to "take off" the engines would have separated and and went spinning off in random directions anyway....

Inquisitor's Tie Advanced It just feels like they are trying to hard with this ship to create something unique and simlar at the same time, with the Punisher it is justified just adding more weapon pods in a way, and then enlarging the "solar" panels, but the Tie Advanced the solar panels arnt even faced outward to GAIN the best amount of energy, so one would assume its cause outside is armor plating, but yet the original Tie advanced has a better Hull rating so that cant be it, Its small, its just another generic tie fighter and the ONLY real thing it has going for it is it is slightly reminiscent if Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator

E-Wing, I never really liked the ship design, it looks like they were just trying to make a x-wing and got bored half way through and just said, **** it, welded the pieces where they lay and set it on its way. 

Starviper, it is not only ugly but has a stupidly large profile that would make it much easier to hit than many other ships. In second place comes FFG's flat-nosed Lambda shuttle which looks nothing like what we see in RotJ or even their own card art.

What are you talking about with the Lambda? It looks accurate enough to me..

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b9/Arrival-ROTJHD.png/revision/latest?cb=20131005033500

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/news/wave3/SWX13_FullProductLayout.png

If I can take it one step farther: Worst looking ship in Star Wars? Ugh. By FAR it has to be the flying doorstop that is called Slave 2.

I can't even place myself in the mindset of the creators of that ship. Was it laziness? Trying to be so "extreme" like everything had to be in the 1990's that it just went into the opposite "extreme" of being dull and uninspired? I'm going with laziness, since they couldn't even think of a better name than it's predecessor.

The Slave 2 is horrible, especially since its predecessor was one of the more interesting-looking ships in Star Wars.

Another terrible one is the Twilight from Star Wars Clone Wars.

j02LK93.jpg

Edited by WingedSpider

The Slave 2 is horrible, especially since its predecessor was one of the more interesting-looking ships in Star Wars.

Another terrible one is the Twilight from Star Wars Clone Wars.

j02LK93.jpg

I actually don't mind the look of the Twilight, I just don't understand why Anakin kept it. Pretty sure he had access to better ships.

What's that semi-circular ship Obi Wan flies sometimes?

Edited by mazz0

T-65 tihi.

Z-95 - looks like a airplane.

Raider - cheescake in space.

Special Force Tie - lacking innovation. Just a **** tie with bunker on back and missiles... a f* tie that fire missiles, the h*?

Special Force Tie - lacking innovation. Just a **** tie with bunker on back and missiles... a f* tie that fire missiles, the h*?

TIE Adv /x1 has missiles

TIE Adv /v1 has missiles

TIE/sa has missiles

TIE/it has missiles

TIE/D has missiles

...and...you might have noticed a trend...

...TIE/sf has missiles.

T-65 tihi.

Sorry man, the results have already been posted... :P

Which page are they on?

T-65 tihi.

Sorry man, the results have already been posted... :P

Which page are they on?
Just go to my profile, it should be under "topics". That would probably be easier than trying to swim through all the post-worlds threads to find it. :P Edited by TitaniumChopstick