Sign in to follow this  
DarwinsDog

Carve a path question (Kindred fire spoilers)

We were playing Glade of All Illusions and we have a skirmisher with carve a path. The question came up whether he could use that on the illusions of Alric Farrow. The app text says that any hero adjacent to him can attack him. Is he considered adjacent when using carve a path? Does he have to start or end adjacent? Does it not work at all?

We decided that it would work as long as he ended adjacent, but I'm curious to know how others have done it.

Thanks!

I may be remembering wrong, but doesn't it say you can attack him "as an action"?  If so that means you have access to another action, and the only effect of that action is "attack Farrow".  Not that you can do any action that performs an attack and have that affect Farrow.

Meaning that you cannot use carve a path to hit him.

I may be remembering wrong, but doesn't it say you can attack him "as an action"?  If so that means you have access to another action, and the only effect of that action is "attack Farrow".  Not that you can do any action that performs an attack and have that affect Farrow.

Meaning that you cannot use carve a path to hit him.

Now that I think about it, you're right about the wording. Attacking him would be a specific action that does nothing else. I guess we cheated a bit, but I don't think it changed the outcome of that adventure.