Sign in to follow this  
Guest Not In Sample

NEWS! LCG format change!

I was at first very wary of this change, and then I found out that TPTB had decided to pass on some of the savings to us and part of the reason for the change was the huge success the format has been. This had been suggested on various forums by non CCG players in the past and I always said that while getting a full playset per purchase would be preferable, paying x3 cost when I don't want every card x3. Paying 1.5 however for x3 is something that is absolutely fantastic, God willing as this is the last verge of the CCG "taint" purified from the LCG line, CCG model will just die. I look back at all the great games that came and then went, or had to be altered in attempts to stay relevant because of the CCG model, and I would like think that FFG will be producing another awesome release or two in this, new incarnation of a superior model.

And I want to say cheers again to TPTB for passing on this savings to us the customers, a lot of game companies wouldn't do that, or at most would give us a token price break (say $25.99 US for this new release model). Those who think I am an obsessed FFG cheerleader, perhaps now you have a better understanding of why I am willing to put my faith in the company doing what is best for the game, and therefor us AND them. Because time and time again, they step up to the plate and knock the ball out of the park when a double probably would have sufficed.

Of course i am happy about the change as a player. But the organizer in me produced another sigh upon seeing that. I already have problems finding enough interesting prices, for my last league we had: League Kit, The plastic tokens and 1 BP for backdraft (because most of us bought only one or two). Now there is no point in backdrafting a Battle Pack and i would have to come up with something new :/

But do not think i dont support this change. I wrote about my small problem mostly to find out what would you use for prizes ;)

MKP

Martin_CY said:

this is the best news this game could have!!!

the only downside is that we wont get the new format until after the corruption cycle!

That's okay. After all this first cycle was already planned. I can only congratulate them on their chosen course.
If it's good... it's good! ^__^