Sign in to follow this  
TasteTheRainbow

Solve This Situation: Corran/Rey vs Palp Defenders

GqrGxxxh.jpg

The builds:

OGP + Palp, Vessery w/X7 and Juke, Ryad w/ptl, mkII, X7

Corran w/Sensors/PTL/R2D2/Engine, Rey with Kanan, Leebo, TFA title, Crack Shot

Game State:

Vessery( the black defender) has two hull left and a stress token from a thrust control crit. Rey has 7 hull left and a weapons failure crit. Corran just double-tapped to push that stress-crit onto Vessery. Everyone else is full shields.

What does the imp player need to accomplish next turn? Where are Corran and Rey headed? Corran can basically decide after everyone else moves, but what do you dial in?

Edited by TasteTheRainbow

Vessery - 4k barrel roll to block the sloop and stay out of Rey's arc from the 3 sloop (the only ship that can shoot him next round)

Ryad - do some sort of green K turn, probably a 3 for the evade

Shuttle - 1 forward

Rey - anticipate the 3 sloop block, do a 1 bank left to set up the sloop next round hoping to catch Vessery off guard and setting up a sloop next round getting back in the game.

Corran - ADVS barrel roll back, PTL evade, 1 fwd gain a shield clear stress.  Or Focus, evade. Just stay as far back as you can for next rounds double tap.

Imperial player needs to get Vessery to safety.  3 hard turn right gives an evade token and blocks Rey's 1 hard turn right.  Ryad's 5 green k-turn blocks Rey's s-loop left.  Either way, Rey has no good option.  Shuttle probably should one straight or bank left one to get a shot on Rey.  

Next turn Vessery is in a great position.  He can either k-turn and continue the fight or he can flee with a green straight to clear the stress.

Ryad also is in a good spot.  She can either k-turn to keep firing on Rey or go straight to chase Corran.  Shuttle can then either stop or pursue as needed.

For the rebels, the obvious move to expect is Vessery's k-turn.  A smart imperial won't do it (because it spells Vessery's doom later), but Rey has very few options here.  If Rey really wants a shot on Vess, then she should probably dial in a 3 bank right.  If Ryad ends up blocking it, then fine, if not, then great!  Can also decide to leebo boost if needed (depending on where shuttle goes).

Corran can do nothing for now, so might as well dial in a 3 straight (gotta pass Rey afterall).  If the shuttle moves slowly, he can Barrel roll + boost to ensure he bumps into it (grab a TL if only one action is needed for the bump).  If the shuttle goes fast, he can just grab his TL and maybe an evade before revealing the dial.  Moving fast is ideal for Corran here so he can choose next turn to either get behind the shuttle, or to chase Vessery without anyone getting in his way.  Going slow here doesn't really help his position for future turns, so isn't really a good call...

Edited by blade_mercurial

If I was the Reb, I'd be making Rey pull a hard one to the right working on the assumption Ves. is pulling the K to try keep me in arc; and Ryad will be short K-ing to try block the sloop.  I'd be aiming to either get in behind Ryad or bump her, and still have V in arc for the Rey re-rolls.  If I bump, it'll be my unmodified against his.  If I get in behind her, focus for the modifier.

Corran is going to use sensors to BR back and to the left.  PTL to evade; do the one green and clear stress to focus.  Try and avoid Ryad's arc; and turtle up to survive the shuttle's shot.

Vessery - 4k barrel roll to block the sloop and stay out of Rey's arc from the 3 sloop (the only ship that can shoot him next round)

Vessery can't 4k and BR: he is stressed...

Still not sure what his best move would be. Probably a 3 hard?

Rey has 7 Hull, only 1 evade max, and is possibly rolling 1 less attack.

Corran can't fire next turn .

So,

OGP to bank 1 left, target lock Rey.

Countess to 4 flip and focus.

Vess hard 3 right.

Then it depends what Rey is doing, you're either getting both Ryad and OGP with modified shots on Rey, or perhaps just OGP.

either way, Vess is likely safe, can run away following turn to look at turning round & clearing stress, and chances are Rey will be so on her arse that another set of modded shots will finish her. Then you can look at taking Corran out.

Shame Vess is stressed and on his arse because a gentle 1 right would be a hugely dangerous proposition for Rey to consider.

Edited by Stu35

This is exactly why you should put Snuggling Compartment + Inertial Dampeners + Countermeasures on Rey.

I know, brings nothing to the table you're looking at, but couldn't help - this is just such a perfect set-up for hitting the space breaks.

Shuttle one bank left. Ryad 3 K turn. Vess 3 straight, barrel roll right (this is essentially the same as doing 3 right like so many suggest, but does two things a turn won't do. It will clear the stress and set him up for a K next turn). This gives you the most blocking and fire lane coverage as possible.

As a rebel player, the safest thing would be to go for the bump on ryad, knowing vess is either going for a block himself, or getting out of there. K turning for him would be more risky then nessary at this point for the imperial player. So with that in mind...

One bank left with rey to get a range one shot on vess if he went for a block deny shots from ryad onto her. Corran safe move would be a 2 bank left and boost out of the shuttles shot and range three ryad. Opt to take a focus if he so chooses.

Edit* missed that corran is running adv sensor over FCS. Turtle and three straight to get blocked by the shuttle. Opens up his options for next turn.

Edited by Hujoe Bigs

Shuttle two left bank + TL if it fits.
Ryad 1 left bank + focus
Vessery 5 forward + focus

Ryad's move may change depending on my opponent - there are opponents who I would rather perform the 5 Kturn.  Also depends on what my moves were in the previous round - and how often i've pulled the k-turn this game.

Corran is immaterial this round, preventing actions on a block would be nice, or forcing him to go somewhere else. Rey is the target.

I'm surprised nobody is suggesting or planning for the left sloop from Rey.

I did- my countess blocks the sloop, if the rebel dials in a 3 bank they're pointing the wrong way.

I'd suggest the rebel will anticipate such a block and turn right to chase what he thinks will be a fleeing vessery.

Ryad 1 left bank + focus

I'm always wary of taking a maneuver that doesn't give the evade token when flying x7 Defenders.  In my experience, it's never worth it, especially since Ryad fires after Rey.  There's a chance she'd be eating a ton of dice at range one if she doesn't block, for instance if Rey sloops to the left.

Ryad 1 left bank + focus

I'm always wary of taking a maneuver that doesn't give the evade token when flying x7 Defenders.  In my experience, it's never worth it, especially since Ryad fires after Rey.  There's a chance she'd be eating a ton of dice at range one if she doesn't block, for instance if Rey sloops to the left.

It's ok here, you're at full health , focus + palpatine will mitigate damage, and possibly change Rey's target. If Rey goes right after vessels you block, and set up a good kturn, that is especially good if she goes left. We don't have enough info about the opponent here. The left sloop from Rey looks to hit the debris, so that may leave her action less if she sloops left. The 2 bank from the shuttle sets it up to block the left sloop and the Ryad block positions on the following turns. . Ryads 5/3 straights are maybe safer but don't block Rey's right sloop , which is downright deadly if vessery has reforms a right 3 and stays stressed. The shuttle 2 bank might block it , or set up Rey for the decision of slipping to fire on Ryad with a strong shuttle attack behind or facing the shuttle for bonus dice.

If the imperial player can keep all three pieces on the board long enough to kill Rey, they can beat corran. If vessery dies while Rey has significant health, the imperials will be in a very tough spot. Ryads k turn is expected here, Rey's 1 forward or 1 left bank could be very strong against that k turn. A faster bank from Ryad gives a bad line for future k's.

Personally I'd love to hear biophysical's choices

Shuttle, 1 bank left and TL for Vess (that way Ryad can use TL this round if need be). Gives you a shot on Rey wherever she goes.

4K with Vess, doesnt matter if that is "What a defender does" because Vessery wants to push damage through. If he survives this round, without a shot, Rey AND Corran will be firing first next round before he does, so I want a shot this round. 4K gives him a shot, an evade, and he has Palp. That is two evades. He only needs to roll one natural evade this round to survive.

Ryad, a 2 straight, BR to left and focus, to block the 1&2 Hard on Rey, preventing her arc from facing Vess after 4K. So she only rolls 3 naked dice on Vess. If Rey does that 3 Sloop left, She is firing range 3 at Vess (giving him an extra die), or range 2 on Ryad, who has a focus and Palp, so maybe she just loses shields if Rey chooses that instead. Either way, all three of your ships get a shot on Rey if she sloops.

If I am the rebel player, Im doing a 2bank right with Rey. I think that is the hardest for the Imps to block, so I will get my focus to shoot at Vessery, and it sets me up perfect to sloop behind the shuttle the next round. Corran,probably a 2 bank left and boost behind Palps, setting up next round.

Edited by wurms

. 4K gives him a shot, an evade, and he has Palp. That is two evades. He only needs to roll one natural evade this round to survive.

OP doesn't indicate crackshot has been used, so vessery needs two naturals to survive if three hits are rolled