Sign in to follow this  
LordEnforcer

duel wield lightsabers or any weapon?

Afaik there is no such combo, for a good reason. It would be extremely overpowered and deadly. But there are two weapon combat rules at AoR core book, page 224. 

First though about the idea was the No image Maelora posted on other thread.

If a PC really would try to use two lightsabers, I wouldn't say it's wizard wielding sword impossible, but I'd make it dangerous as heck. For example, Despair might be critical to self. Somehow I have a feeling that a FFG person (Sam Steward?) was in Order 66 podcast and they spoke about this and result was that rules are not meant for this (i.e. dual wielding light sabers). But I might remember incorrectly.

Edited by kkuja

Afaik there is no such combo, for a good reason. It would be extremely overpowered and deadly. But there are two weapon combat rules at AoR core book, page 224. 

If a PC really would try to use two lightsabers, I wouldn't say it's wizard wielding sword impossible, but I'd make it dangerous as heck. For example, Despair might be critical to self. Somehow I have a feeling that a FFG person (Sam Steward?) was in Order 66 podcast and they spoke about this and result was that rules are not meant for this (i.e. dual wielding light sabers). But I might remember incorrectly.

I think you misremember a great deal. The two weapon combat rules have been in every rulebook since Edge of the Empire, including Force and Destiny. The book even discusses certain lightsaber styles that use two. Heck, we see it on screen. Several times.

Gunslinger is built around dual wielding Ranged (Light) weapons. So far, no such spec for Brawl/Melee/Lightsaber.

Actually, the sidebars for both Form VI Niman, and Form II Makeshi both state that they often use 2 lightsabers. Makeshi duelists sometimes use a shoto in their off hand while Niman users often use either two shotos or two full sized lightsabers. 

Gunslinger is built around dual wielding Ranged (Light) weapons. So far, no such spec for Brawl/Melee/Lightsaber.

Actually, the sidebars for both Form VI Niman, and Form II Makeshi both state that they often use 2 lightsabers. Makeshi duelists sometimes use a shoto in their off hand while Niman users often use either two shotos or two full sized lightsabers. 

True, but I was saying that there are no specializations that are equivalent to Gunslinger that use Brawl, Melee, or Lightsaber. Lore stuff, out the wazoo, but no set of talents.

I would let my PCs wield dual lightsabres, IF they could find or build two. Sabres are incredibly rare and expensive as are the crystals used in their construction. So if that was the players hearts desire I would eventually allows them to own two, they would have to work for them, but yes eventually.

Having said that, unless they were very careful to avoid notice, and let's be honest here, one lightsabre is pretty damned obvious, two would bring down an insane amount of interest. It wouldn't be long before the inquisitors came knocking on the door.

Now we can set up some fantastic dual welding lightsabre inquisitors and have a party with the light shows....

Oh the posibilities!

As of right now, I do not know of any career or spec that is designed to specialize and optimize the dual wielding of lightsabers akin to that of Star Wars D20/Saga editions. I'm not up to date on my FaD books though.

A character could equip his two lightsabers with the paired modification from Fly Casual I think. It just specifies to be
used on one handed weapons only, so it would work I believe, or if it doesn´t by default, the GM might still allow it...

I would let my PCs wield dual lightsabres, IF they could find or build two. Sabres are incredibly rare and expensive as are the crystals used in their construction. So if that was the players hearts desire I would eventually allows them to own two, they would have to work for them, but yes eventually.

Having said that, unless they were very careful to avoid notice, and let's be honest here, one lightsabre is pretty damned obvious, two would bring down an insane amount of interest. It wouldn't be long before the inquisitors came knocking on the door.

Now we can set up some fantastic dual welding lightsabre inquisitors and have a party with the light shows....

Oh the posibilities!

CotG gives you more kyber crystals than you would need to build your own mini-superlaser. Using them dual works for any spec more or less equally good, which kind of fits new canon which shows all jedi adapting without trouble to fighting with two lightsabers. Very few at the same time specialize onto that, in canon only Ahsoka and Ventress come immediately to my mind … well and Grievous with his quad-saber techniques. Which are btw unofficial, but still confirmed as something to do with species or cyborgs who have the necessary hands for it.  (See FAQ topic)

A character could equip his two lightsabers with the paired modification from Fly Casual I think. It just specifies to be

used on one handed weapons only, so it would work I believe, or if it doesn´t by default, the GM might still allow it...

CotG gives you more kyber crystals than you would need to build your own mini-superlaser. Using them dual works for any spec more or less equally good, which kind of fits new canon which shows all jedi adapting without trouble to fighting with two lightsabers. Very few at the same time specialize onto that, in canon only Ahsoka and Ventress come immediately to my mind … well and Grievous with his quad-saber techniques. Which are btw unofficial, but still confirmed as something to do with species or cyborgs who have the necessary hands for it. (See FAQ topic)

I have always envisioned the linking of paired weapons as literally linking them together, like piggybacking shotgun or grenade launcher onto an assault rifle. Doing this with two lightsabres would just create a sabre staff like Maul's, wouldn't it?

I've always thought the previous written scenarios give away far to many kyber crystals for my tastes. They should be a lot rarer in my opinion. In my universe you are lucky to get one good one.

After all what is to stop you from digging out 20 crystals, making 20 sabres and selling them off for a small fortune... end of game.

Edited by SirSaiCo

I have always envisioned the linking of paired weapons as literally linking them together, like piggybacking shotgun or grenade launcher onto an assault rifle. Doing this with two lightsabres would just create a sabre staff like Maul's, wouldn't it?

Thats not what paired weapon is about though, its two weapons that are balanced to work well together.

You are right about the Crystal thing, but there is knight level gameplay for this kind of shenanigans...

I mean how else are you supposed to get the creds to buy your first own star destroyer in early gameplay?

After all what is to stop you from digging out 20 crystals, making 20 sabres and selling them off for a small fortune... end of game.

The inquisition is stopping you. ;-)

Besides there is little to no market for those things and if you really find someone who has a buyer for 20 crystals then you are right in the middle of a new adventure. Saber staffs use in raw a single crystal iirc, but nothing wrong to use two crystals and make them separable on top. 

One thing to note about kyber crystal rarity. The jedi gathered millions of kyber crystals and tons of thousand crystals got lost during the clone wars, not all of them did fall directly into the emperor's hands. CoTG is using that very well for its campaign and the amount of crystals is by no means unrealistic. It is just … quite a lot of useless loot. 

Edited by SEApocalypse

i am just curious, when does the adventure expose the party to lightsaber crystals? I only recall two really.

Holocron crystals are made out of kyber crystals as as well. 

Oh right, potentially so but I was under the impression that those weren't really suitable for lightsaber use. At least thats how my group ruled it, much more delicate crystal structure.

Edited by Lordbiscuit