Sign in to follow this  
Boba Rick

Free ParaGoomba Slayer!

It's important to remember that the president doesn't make the laws, only signs or vetoes them and we have a bicameral legislative body that hopefully have cooler minds. If that fails we should be able to rely on the Supreme Court to keep us relatively safe. If this doesn't give you any peace of mind I don't know what to tell you except see an MD for your anxiety.

Taking the President-elect at his word when he threatens your well being is not, in fact, a sign of mental illness. Observing that he has filled his transition team with people who threaten your well being is not, in fact, a sign of mental illness. 

Rather than throwing a tantrum, take a deep breath, relax, and see what happens.

It's important to remember that the president doesn't make the laws, only signs or vetoes them and we have a bicameral legislative body that hopefully have cooler minds. If that fails we should be able to rely on the Supreme Court to keep us relatively safe. If this doesn't give you any peace of mind I don't know what to tell you except see an MD for your anxiety.

"Wait and see what happens"

I don't need to wait, I'm watching it unfold. History is a wonderful teacher. We've seen it before at other times and in other places. The privilege of feeling safe right now is wonderful, and I envy that you have it.

The president of a nation is one person. The throngs of people who put that person in their office are legion. Right now, an increasing number of those people are using the impending ascension of their demagogue as an excuse to harass and assault people for the 'crime' of having differently colored skin, different identities, and different religions.

This is well beyond anxiety. We're terrified. People are literally being attacked and harassed in public. One person being given the highest single political office in the country has empowered tens of millions of people to feel like their racism, sexism, and antisemitism are not only acceptable, but actionable.

Edited by Aaron Foss

Rather than throwing a tantrum, take a deep breath, relax, and see what happens.

"Wait and see what happens"

I don't need to wait, I'm watching it unfold. History is a wonderful teacher. We've seen it before at other times and in other places. The privilege of feeling safe right now is wonderful, and I envy that you have it.

The president of a nation is one person. The throngs of people who put that person in their office are legion. Right now, an increasing number of those people are using the impending ascension of their demagogue as an excuse to harass and assault people for the 'crime' of having differently colored skin, different identities, and different religions.

This is well beyond anxiety. We're terrified. People are literally being attacked and harassed in public. One person being given the highest single political office in the country has empowered tens of millions of people to feel like their racism, sexism, and antisemitism are not only acceptable, but actionable.

Please don't lump "tens of millions" with a small group of miscreants and their bad actions. As for feeling safe? Incidents in Portland and Chicago do not allow me to feel "safe". There are people on both sides of the dividing line that are giving the "tens of millions" a bad name and there's enough finger pointing to go around. I really don't want this to turn into political name calling, finger pointing with charges of racism and sexism. That's why I said that this wasn't the time or place for political discussion. If you want to continue this discussion, pm me and we can do so in private. I use this forum to provide me with info on a game I enjoy, builds that I can try out and an occasional laugh. I've had enough politics in the last 18 months to last me for awhile.

Paul Heaver lost worlds. Democrats lost presidency. Jumpmasters lost deadeye. Cubs won world series. Europe lost Britain. 

Forums lost PGS.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on which side you are on, this has been a year of extremely surprising and contentious results that we as the FFG forum dwellers can not really influence. 

People are literally being attacked and harassed in public.

It may be media bias, but most of the post-election violence I've heard about has been from people angry Trump got elected.

Don't get me wrong, I was gutted by the result, and after Brexit I'm left questioning everything I thought I knew about the world...

But as the old meme goes: Keep calm and carry on.

To those trying to silence the cries of outrage by saying that this isn't the right time or place need to grow up. EVERY platform is the right time and place. This is America, and having people say things to your face that you don't like is how it works. Now if they want to moderate this thread down, great! But until then (or until you become a moderator) maybe NOT telling people what to say or where to say it is the way to go.

This is not ******* America, this is an internet forum about X-wing TMG for people from all around the world, who are justified to be fed up after a year of constant noise about your elections. We thought maybe it will end after you make the choice, but no, now we got to read heartbreaking stories about people escaping president-elect's concentration camps in random, completely unrelated threads on the main board of a forum about plastic ships.

To those trying to silence the cries of outrage by saying that this isn't the right time or place need to grow up. EVERY platform is the right time and place. This is America, and having people say things to your face that you don't like is how it works. Now if they want to moderate this thread down, great! But until then (or until you become a moderator) maybe NOT telling people what to say or where to say it is the way to go.

This is America? How did I get across the Atlantic ocean without leaving my desk?

This is America? How did I get across the Atlantic ocean without leaving my desk?

obviously, you used your desk as a boat

not surprised you made it here before Wave 10

Edited by ficklegreendice

Ome of my cats has a terrible sinus infection. We have tried a few antibiotics but it's been a month and he has a hard time breathing.even if I pick the crusty booger off his nostrils it just leaks and crusts up again.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

As you've had him on antibiotics, what did the vet further suggest?

Tl;dr

Don't you tell people to shut up, just shut up.

Tl;dr

Don't you tell people to shut up, just shut up.

lol fair enough. The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance ;)

I'm not sure, still trying to figure out how long I've apparently been in America. Was under the impression I was in Canada this whole time. Nice to see Americans have started observing Remembrance Day and didn't celebrate with a sale, though. Always found that really tacky. 

Ome of my cats has a terrible sinus infection. We have tried a few antibiotics but it's been a month and he has a hard time breathing.even if I pick the crusty booger off his nostrils it just leaks and crusts up again.

They suggested putting him under and doing a nasal flush..wich I can't imagine helping for longer than ten minutes if the underlying issue isn't being resolved

They suggested putting him under and doing a nasal flush..wich I can't imagine helping for longer than ten minutes if the underlying issue isn't being resolved

Very true.  Unless the nasal flush was to collect a diagnostic sample.

Have they done a culture or sinus rads?  If it isn't getting better my differential list would include a bad tooth, herpes virus, a polyp, a resistant infection, or a mass.