Sign in to follow this  
Cesamasec

Heroes of the Resistance out this week!

Still not too sure if I will pick that up anytime soon, I seem to be playing empire too much as of late to try the stuff from it out soon.

There's LOADS in there for Empire.  Only a very few of the upgrades are Rebel only.

I should have specified, i play 2 Bombers, Crackshot TIE and 31 point ace too much. Although I am curious, what do you envision being used? Pattern Analyzer for TIE/SFs? Snap Shot for TIEs?

Still not too sure if I will pick that up anytime soon, I seem to be playing empire too much as of late to try the stuff from it out soon.

There's LOADS in there for Empire.  Only a very few of the upgrades are Rebel only.

A fair few - astro and integrates, snuggling compartment, burnout slam (could be scum), Finn and Rey crew, Titles, and the pilot cards.

Edited by The Penguin UK

That and the cards there dont really help you much

For example, the tech

Omega L is wedded to comms and no other FO really needs tech as theyre better off being cheap

Sf benefits from the new tech, but youre not really missing anything integral to them. Again, given their relative lack of defenses, youre overall just better off being cheaper

Only the ups i can see as using PA a lot so you can use the ever useful fcs on four dice. Also expert handling kylo hilarity

Trickshot is super situational (0 points so it has to be) and not a huge deal to miss out on. It is neat, but nowhere near a must have

Which leaves us with hotshot, which really only seems worthwhile on a deci

You can skip this expansion pretty easily if you dont play rebels, and arguably even if you do

Our FLGS got some in, but the distributor didn't send nearly as many as they were supposed to, so the store was already out of stock by the time I got off of work. :-(

Bummed, but still played a game yesterday evening where I played a 6-TIE swarm (5x Black Squadron + Howlrunner), all of them with proxied Snap Shot. I flew against a Poe/Jake/Braylen build and mopped the floor with him. I only lost 1 TIE.

how much damage did the snap shots push through?

Good question. Thanks for asking. I wish I had kept an exact count. They did at least a couple of damage to each ship over the course of the game. Mostly, the Snap Shots became a control mechanic, as it limited my opponent's maneuver options that wouldn't put him in Range 1 of some or all of my ships. The intimidation factor played a HUGE part in that victory, especially against Jake Farrell who turned tail and ran a couple of times just to make sure that he stayed out of Range 1 of any of my ships.

The ARC-170 went down first, mostly via a concentrated primary attack with Howlrunner rerolls.

Before it died, the ARC-170 had given two stress tokens to one of my TIEs which broke up my formation.

Shortly after that, I lost 1 TIE to Poe.

Poe went down via a combination of action denial, Snap Shots, and primary attacks. That ship took the longest to kill, and Poe did the most damage to my swarm. Howlrunner suffered a hit and a crit (Weapons Failure which later flipped facedown), and one of my other TIEs suffered 2 damage. The other 3 ships were untouched.

Jake was either running scared or hiding at Range 3 while I took on his buddies because he was desperate to stay out of range of the Snap Shots. He couldn't do much damage from Range 3, and coming in closer increased the chances of me getting Snap Shots.

Eventually Jake went down, mostly via Snap Shot. There were no tokens to save him from bad defense rolls and no chance to arc dodge before Snap Shots triggered. The game ended with an unshielded Jake evading one Snap Shot but then succumbing to a second Snap Shot right after that which dealt a Direct Hit.