Sign in to follow this  
Barn

Things I wish I knew before...

Heya folks :)

So this coming Sunday, a group of friends and myself are going to be taking our first steps into EotE. We haven't donr anything pen and paper for a good 20 years.

Anyone have any tips or things they wished they knew before they started?

A good understanding of starship combat, we've been playing for a year now and we still haven't put much effort into learning it and we feel like we've been missing out on a huge chunk of the adventure.

Same here!

Heya folks :)

So this coming Sunday, a group of friends and myself are going to be taking our first steps into EotE. We haven't donr anything pen and paper for a good 20 years.

Anyone have any tips or things they wished they knew before they started?

Nah, figuring it out as we went was half the fun.

I wish we had those action sheets as reminders on the first session for each player, right AFTER we played the beginner adventure. They remove a lot of backtracking, especially when combined with the GM screens.  The lists for spending advantages and threats are naturally not meant to be complete and sometimes you get too attached to them, but that is still better than forgetting to narrate your advantages or enemies threats.  

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/134044-feedback-sought-player-action-sheets/

A good understanding of starship combat, we've been playing for a year now and we still haven't put much effort into learning it and we feel like we've been missing out on a huge chunk of the adventure. 

You definitely do, I think the starship combat is the best part of the system ^_^