Sign in to follow this  
Thomas62

Character generator updated

Hi - the character generator on www.malleus.dk/Ordo/NpcGenerator/Default.aspx  have been updated with a set of new features.

• Improved psyker support. Selecting psychic powers has been improved, making it possible to get the powers you are entitled to.
  • Improved layout.
  • Clone a character from the generator front page.
  • Printing a group on NPC. Click the "Print Group" button will include a front-page with the details about the group.
  • XP bug in generator has been fixed. This bug would cause some advances to be shown as invalid.
  • It is now possible to create an Adepta Sororitas character directly from the generator front page.

Give it a shot and tell us what you think.

We´ll offer a bottle of brandy to anyone that can find a bug.  ;-)

Thomas

The Malleus Maleficarum Syndicate

I really like the direction the improved Psyker support is going. When finished, will it limit you to the correct number of powers for each psy rating? Also do you plan on making adding a minor power for psy rating 1 choosable?

I will play around with it more later but so far I really like the change. Good work.

Kaihlik

Hi Kaihlik - the current plan is to include a text telling how many advances you are entitled to for a specific Psy Rating. This text will conform to the rules in the book.

We do not want to prevent anyone from creating a special psyker that does not conform to the rules in the book ... I mean, we are dealing with the warp here, so anything goes.  :-)

With respect to psy rating 1 and all other advances that have multiple options, it is definitely the plan to make editing possible. Currently you could add psy-rating 2 and/or 3 and then just add the powers that you are missing from psy rating 1. Its not pretty but it will work.

In fact I would like to see editing of all advances. I am just a little uncertain of whether it will be confusing or not. If complete editing is possible you may easily break your character by removing pre-requisites to a talent taken further down.

Regards

Thomas

Hi all

I have to comment on the newest feature of the Character Generator. 

You are now able to share your npc and pc's. WAUV have i been waiting for this.

Hereby gamemasters and players can see each others characters. Beautiful... 

Thanks Thomas

Hi Deleted - glad that you like it.  :-)

Don't hesitate to share a few of your own characters.

This feature is new territory for us but we hope to achieve is to create "an exchange" of characters and groups that will allow a GM to be inspired or to be quickly up and running. We also believe that this sharing of NPCs will act as an inspiration to other players about what they can do with their characters.

Regards

Thomas

If you click on the NPC generator then scroll down to the bottom then you will see the list of things that are still to come which inculdes elite advances and alternate ranks. So the answer is not yet but it will come.

Kaihlik

I have just tried the generator for the first time, and I was very impressed. I've just recommended it to one of my players whose charcter died last session.

I might just have missed it, but is there a way of copying a completed character into another document (besides printing it and scanning the image)? I generally keep all my notes on my laptop during the game but I don't always have an internet connection.

I am just being an idiot here, but is there a print option for these sheets?  or do we just have to print the web page?

never mind i found it, i just had to go back :P

ok second edit:

I printed the web page, and using firefox got a great snapshot of the Overview page of the character creator, looks awesome.   In fact, scaling down to 75% made it look better than the regular print out.  As i got the cool  border and such. 

if you guys could just make a 5th tab on the character generator that uses the boarder and background from the generator to make a nicely presented character sheet that would be best, cheers!

Hi Kaihlik - unless I misunderstand your request, you can just go to the "Background" tab and set the value for the FP box to zero.

We use that in our own group to set IP, CP and FP.

Thomas

Hi Renfield - we have been talking about creating a "character sheet" print.

I guess it all boils down to "ambition" and where it should be used. Currently the print from the front page is targeted mainly at GMs and their needs.

Question: Would you want to use the "web-page print" as your character sheet during play?

Thomas

Hi Sands - you can either copy-paste the HTML to Word document, or you can use the print function from the front page.

If that does not solve your needs, let me know what you are missing, and maybe we can work something out.

Regards

Thomas

It looks awesome! great job!

I have a few questions though: is there anyway to export the data from the generated character? The reason I ask is that I use Maptool for my campaign and all my npc's are stored in there. Note that I'm currently developing a v2.0 Dark Heresy framework for Maptool (did 1.0 but its rather basic). You might even be interested in some collaboration between your generator and the framework?

Also there is a nice overview for the characteristics and skill&talents, but not for gear (e.g. a 'backside') or am I missing something?

Nonetheless its much appreciated!

Hello,

When giving a character a background/origin package that includes them getting bonus skills...

Have found that although the Schola Progenium selection for the guardsman grants me the Skill at Arms special, it doesnt actually grant me the weapon training talents themselves - they still have to be purchased with XP.

S.K.

@Solomon Kane - you are right, thanks for reporting this. happy.gif

Ihave just fixed the issue. There's a bottle of brandy headed in your direction. 

@Khorne-ucopia - we do not currently have any support for these alternate ranks and home worlds. At some point we will include more.  

Cheers,

Thomas

Deleted said:

Hi

Are you thinking of a kind of XML file for at character.

I assume that you are reffering at my post.

Something like that, actually I think that would be best although I have 'void' knowledge of xml so that makes it slightly more complicated. Then again maybe that doesn't matter.

Point is I already found an excelsheet from someone else who created a 'dnd 4E monsters stats from website' > 'MT (MapTool) macro that set the stats' I am quite versatile in Excel so iits relatively easy for me to adjust that to our needs. In this case 'plain text' is good enough.

On the other hand, tokens in MT are build up completely in XML so if the right XML structure is exported it really is a piece of pie to integrate that into the tokens.

The big trick lies in the fact that the Tokenstructure might/will change over time either due to:

- updates I make to the framework

- updates made by the MT team

I guess that these changes won't be that invasive and are easily adapted to.

So... how much difference does it make to you to create either a plain text output or a xml output embedded in a set structure?