Sign in to follow this  
Mightycaz

Tournaments or organised games near Chester UK

Hi there,

I've only recently started playing x wing (been a 40k guy since I was a kid) but I freaking love this game. It has all the aspects of tabletop games I love but without the ridiculous amount of cash having to be thrown down just to get playing. My only problem is I only know one other person who plays so our games are getting a bit repetitive.

Do any of you guys live around Chester or know anywhere that games are on regularly close by? There is only one shop it's played in here but it's hard to find players as most people there seem to just play magic the gathering. I'm not on social media (pesky government wants to spy on everything) so finding games is really difficult.

Be nice to get some fresh games and new players to harass.........

There's 4th planet games in Wrexham that has quite a big x-wing crowd when tournaments are on. I'm not sure what the regular games nights are like for it. There's also a few gaming clubs around that have x-wing players. One is flintshire gaming club that meet at argoed sports and social club on Monday nights. There's a few of us there that play x-wing quite competitively. There's also deeside defenders in airbus broughton who meet on thursdays, I think there's a couple of x-wingers there. Chester gaming club at Stanley palace might have some X-wing players. I think they meet on Tuesdays but I wouldn't quote me on that.

Sorry, only just saw this reply. Yeah me and my friend go to the deeside defenders club in a Thursday but I didn't know about the others, getting to Wrexham is a ballache lol....

We are still playing regularly on Monday evenings in Buckley, if you can make it, you would be very welcome! 

I will PM you also - if you are heading to Airbus on Thursday I would be well up for a game sir!

I know this post is old, but might aswell let anyone know for the future. The X-wing group is active at Deeside Defenders (broughton near chester at airbus). Recently started a league which will finish in Jan 2018 and the way it's going likely more to follow